It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it has captured British oil tanker

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
The best part of this thread is leftists pretending they're not leftists while they're defending Iran.

So sad that people have to pigeon hole others so they can fit an opposing view into their own limited , monochrome view of the world.
My political views are not dictated by a party, ideology or individual , they are my own formed by experience.

Free your mind.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Just a reminder -

The ship that was "captured" by Iran was -
A - British flagged and not US.
B - Was in Omani waters and not Iranian.
C - The UK has a military naval presence in the gulf along with other countries, like India.
D - The resolution on the UK tanker is already underway diplomatically with the UK ambassador to Iran and their Foreign office and MoD back in London.
D - At no point has Trump said anything about invading Iran.
E - Trump has warned Iran that we will defend US assets / allies should Iran attack them.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: face23785
The best part of this thread is leftists pretending they're not leftists while they're defending Iran.

My political views are not dictated by a party, ideology or individual

Funniest thing in the thread.^

Free your mind.

Most ironic thing in the thread.^

But keep defending terrorists though. You're such a free thinker

edit on 21 7 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I guess anyone who doesn't follow the teachings of your Dear Leader is a leftist in your narrow mind , that's OK , you're just misguided , politics is not as black and white as you seem to think.

Yeah no, you're a leftist.
edit on 22-7-2019 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Just a reminder -

The ship that was "captured" by Iran was -
A - British flagged and not US.
B - Was in Omani waters and not Iranian.
C - The UK has a military naval presence in the gulf along with other countries, like India.
D - The resolution on the UK tanker is already underway diplomatically with the UK ambassador to Iran and their Foreign office and MoD back in London.
D - At no point has Trump said anything about invading Iran.
E - Trump has warned Iran that we will defend US assets / allies should Iran attack them.

Can Trump get our ship back please? We only enough boats that can fire things less than ten spread all over Earth

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Pompeo says it's the UK's problem. Link

I may have misjudged pompeo. I thought he'd be chomping at the bit to go after Iran. He seems to be on board with trump's foreign policy though. Good. If something bigger happens and our allies need help, obviously we should help. But the war drums needn't beat this early in the game.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Pompeo says it's the UK's problem. Link

I may have misjudged pompeo. I thought he'd be chomping at the bit to go after Iran. He seems to be on board with trump's foreign policy though. Good. If something bigger happens and our allies need help, obviously we should help. But the war drums needn't beat this early in the game.

Did you think he was a war monger?

Serious question, as I never saw him that way.

Bolton, however, is a different story, but he doesn't really bother me. He has zero authority of his own. I think it's more of a "good cop bad cop" situation.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Not necessarily a war monger, but on board with certain deep state, strategic objectives. Like going after Iran.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Not necessarily a war monger, but on board with certain deep state, strategic objectives. Like going after Iran.

Obama certainly didn't "go after" Iran now did he.

Is it your position that Obama was, therefore, not "deep state"?

Just trying to get a handle on where you are coming from, because I think most ppl who believe the deep state conspiracy, are of the opinion that Obama was a main player.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Well, IDK, I can't decide what to make of obama. Part of me thinks he was a buffoon, along for the ride. A puppet, if you will. I mean, look at his education. He was gifted a prestigious degree, lost his law license, got taken into the corrupt chicago politics, then ran for president. The other part of me sees all of the evil he went along with and looks at his childhood and upbringing, seeing a huge hatred for america and it's origins and thinks he was probably a mastermind of some of it at least.

I think the deep state was bigger than obama (meaning it predated him) but obama certainly used it and helped them get more power.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The UK could do the whole world a massive favour and just send a couple of nuclear subs and just flatten Tehran and get rid of their mental regime and free the rest of the country. No need for another Iraq or Afghanistan just swift justice

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: On the level

8.3 million people live in Tehran , hard to see how flattening it and killing them is a proportionate response to the seizure of one oil tanker.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: On the level

The UK could do the whole world a massive favour and just send a couple of nuclear subs and just flatten Tehran and get rid of their mental regime and free the rest of the country. No need for another Iraq or Afghanistan just swift justice

Maybe we should send the missiles to Westminster and do us all a favour, but when did unleashing the worlds most horrific invention ever do anyone a favour. Do you actually think before you publish the garbage you just posted?.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Itwon't take much to push Iran over now anyways, was listening to Madeleine Zaccarys husband yhe pther nigt on Talk Radio................. He says a whole generation in Iran has had their entire wealth taken away from them due to sanctions and they just want an end to the crazy religious regime now. Take out the Iranian Parliament and Mullahs alone and the people will end the religious rule. They are begging for intervention but only precise and very linited in scope

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Take out the Iranian Parliament and Mullahs alone and the people will end the religious rule.

Wasn't a similar thing said about Saddam , how did that turn out ?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Very true. Really it's got to be an internal revoluyion and according to that man they are so very close to it. A whole swathe of population, the middleclass too who run the show in the cities they lost everything and sanctions really are working in bringing the contry to its knees. He reckoned provoking a war is the only way the Mullahs can retain power and get folk back on side. Maybe TPTB just need sit it out, but like you say it's what comes afterwards that is the uncertain surprise in the post war lucky dip

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: deviant300
New footage by Iran purportedly shows commandos rappelling onto UK-flagged oil tanker

www.foxnews.com...

Thanks! I was just about to post that article, along with this question...

Why aren't Oil Tanker Crews ARMED with machine guns? It would be entirely within their right to blast the invaders as they exited their helicopter.

Isn't that how ship crews stopped the Somali pirates? By actively DEFENDING THEMSELVES?

We dont tend to arm civilians with military weapons outside of the USA and many sub Saharan sh1tholes.

Most Civilians do not get into working on ships to have to protect themselves for their lives with weapons, they are not paid for it, they are not trained for it, it is not expected.

Similarly, an unarmed civilian crew should not be treated badly, they are workers, not political tools.

You start arming civilians and crewmen then next time the Iranians take the ship they dont do it on a nice day in broad daylight in a show for the PR news crews, they take it at night and kill anyone who pulls a gun.

Its just a game with the Civilians, when the military meets it different.

As far as Somalia, that was not state sponsored terror, they didnt play by the rules, they were junkie pirate warlords willing to cut up and dismember man, woman or child to get what they wanted. If Iran did that, there would be war already. Who do you go to war with in Somalia over the pirates? mohamed farrah aidid? Not twice......
edit on 23 7 2019 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Well, IDK, I can't decide what to make of obama. Part of me thinks he was a buffoon, along for the ride. A puppet, if you will. I mean, look at his education. He was gifted a prestigious degree, lost his law license, got taken into the corrupt chicago politics, then ran for president. The other part of me sees all of the evil he went along with and looks at his childhood and upbringing, seeing a huge hatred for america and it's origins and thinks he was probably a mastermind of some of it at least.

I think the deep state was bigger than obama (meaning it predated him) but obama certainly used it and helped them get more power.

You really didn't address why the deep state would allow Obama to agree to the nuclear deal, including the pallets of cash, which no doubt ended up financing terrorism.

The correct answer for a conspiracy site would be it is a multidecade game setup, to push them to exactly the point we are at.

Personally, I don't think the "deep state" has designs on Iran, aside from maybe thumbing their nose at Putin. After all, deep state, and NWO are synonymous no? EU/NWO types probably prefer to do business with Iran without interference.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Have we learned nothing from the lessons of recent history?

Remember Iraq?
How about Libya?
Afghanistan ring any bells?

Why no calls for war with the single largest sponsor and exporter of terrorism in the world; Saudi Arabia?
And Saudi Arabia's record on human rights abuse is at least equally poor as Iran.

War with Iran only serves to further the agenda set by the hawks and the MIC.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Most of us are begging for an end to the tories and their never-ending and totally unnecessary austerity measures, Constant attacks on the poor and disabled. We see people commit suicide every other day because of Sanctions and homelessness, We see a daily increase in the use of food banks to the point it's now seen as a normal practice here in the UK, but we wouldn't go down the road of asking another country to intervein by force if necessary.

Let Iran and it's people sort out its own problems. I'll start worrying if they ever try their hand at global domination through military force.

Ps, A whole generation here in the UK has had its wealth ripped away from them. Remember the banking crisis and the bailouts, It's us, the paying public who foot that bill. I was earning a lot more bang for my buck back in the '80s for doing the same job and working the same hours today. £7 odds per hour as a spray painter back in 88, 30 years later and the hourly rate has risen by on average £3-£4 per hour.

edit on 23-7-2019 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join