It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Stapleton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Okay,so I was watching Yellowstone latest episode last night and at the end was a closing song that made me look it up and it was Last of My Kind. A great song and a new artist for me. Now I am not a huge country fan, outside of the outlaws Willie, Hank, Waylon, Cash etc. So much of newer country is just cookie cutter style with repeated lyrical themes, verbatim at times and too much studio production. I do still recognize soul stirring talent and am grateful to discover new artists in any genre that have this effect.

Off to the sidebar of Jason Isbell's vid was this Chris Stapleton song and the first line/tone got me!

One of his most popular songs and his voice reminds me a bit of Otis Redding.

Here is a peek into his personality on a Rogan Podcast. Seems like a humble down to earth dude.
Anyway, I am grateful to add these two artist to my collection and felt inclined to share, Hope you enjoy...

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was playing the local bar circuit (Texas music) around here for a while. I played a few originals and cover tunes. Ryan Bingham from the Yellowstone show has been one of my favorites for a long time, to listen to and cover.
Look him up doing Bread and Water acoustic at a radio station. It’s incredible!

Ps-I wish I knew how to post videos for you, but I’ve never figured that out. I have a couple covers of Bingham on YouTube I used to book gigs.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

I know of Stapleton because he did a version of Tennessee Whiskey with Justin Timberlake that was on my old lady’s shower playlist. From what she told me at the time he was mainly a songwriter and not much of a performer. For what passes for country/western music these days he’s one I’ll tune in to.

David Allan Coe’s version (original?) is much different and Stapleton has to grow a few more feet of hair to whitewash Coe’s version...imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

And thank you for not giving away any Yellowstone spoilers — love that show save for the low-rent Sharon Stone that plays the daughter.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Ha, funny you should mention that because when he first appeared and played on show and sang, I looked him up too and became a fan! Soulful and original for sure.

For uploading youtube vids, copy and paste everything after the = sign in address bar, click youtube button here on ATS at top after you click "reply." Then paste info, hit enter again and you're all good. You can hit "preview" first to make sure it posts. Sometimes it doesn't work but most of the times it does.
Love the show Yellowstone too btw!!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

And thank you for not giving away any Yellowstone spoilers — love that show save for the low-rent Sharon Stone that plays the daughter.

Too funny and I feel the same way! She is just a devil ain't she, with or without the alcohol!!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens

David Allan Coe’s version (original?) is much different and Stapleton has to grow a few more feet of hair to whitewash Coe’s version...imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

As a songwriter/lyricist & hellraising outlaw we'll have to go with Coe for now. As far as voice and picking and a better version I'll have to go with Chris--style points too. Somebody should of took Coe aside and gave him a talking to on the style-points thing--that Disco Werewolf look was quite the spectacle.

edit on 19-7-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Chris Stapleton is an amazing artist. I went and seen him perform last year here in Indiana. I like his mix of country, soul, and rock. Definitely recommend going to one of his concerts.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Check out the song, I was wrong, if you haven’t heard it yet.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Dean Dillon and Linda Hargrove wrote"Tennessee Whiskey". Dean Dillon has written a whole bunch of songs everyone has heard.

I think Stapleton fits right in with the old school outlaws and Bakersfield sound while having his own unique style. He can sing some dang soulful stuff, too. I'm glad the local and corporate radio stations around here play his songs. He's so refreshing in this new style format.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

My man; the man, the myth, the legend: the GUT. I couldn’t have said it better. 💯 agree

top topics

join