It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOP GUN 2: MAVERICK Official Trailer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I can't believe that it has been 33 years since the release of Top Gun.

Tom Cruise insisted that no CGI be used involving the actual F-18 flight scenes.

They’re using some technology on this that is never before seen. We’re shooting the movie in, I think, 6K. So it’s incredibly hi-def. The aerial footage is mind-blowing. And it’s mostly practical. There’s not a lot of CG. Those guys are really up in planes and getting thrown around in multiple Gs.

www.cinemablend.com...

My late father was in the USAF for 24 years, which is probably why I love these types of movies.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I am so going to see that.
Cruise might be a nut bird but he makes great movies.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm surprised at how geeked I am to see this. It will probably be terrible, but in the most entertaining way. At least the fighter jet footage looks amazing. Hopefully the soundtrack will take full advantage of Atmos sound.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Will this be another Hollywood cash grab filled with identity politics hoping to make bank on peoples nostalgia?

I gotta admit though, tom cruise looks great for being 60..

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Will this be another Hollywood cash grab filled with identity politics hoping to make bank on peoples nostalgia?

I'm hoping Iceman becomes Iceperson and is played by a black transgender. The schadenfreude would be delicious.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You just had to jinx it didnt ya?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Probably should change the movie title to Top Banned Assault Rifle.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

I am so going to see that.
Cruise might be a nut bird but he makes great movies.

And he has stayed away from the terrible pc stuff we see so much of
Wasn’t a big fan of TG and not a fan of Cruise but

He makes a great movie mostly

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Oddly enough the guy makes good movies. While I don't run out to the theaters to watch his movies. I gotta say that when I do watch one of his movies. They are entertaining. He definitely does a good job.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
F-14 gonna kick modern day planes ass.
Just wait and see..

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This has a better chance than most for being an actually true piece of entertainment(what movies were supposed to be).

No CGI and Cruise is a good actor - both good signs.

edit on 19-7-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Just wait and see..

Well since the trailer had f18's I doubt that's what's gunna happen.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This was filmed in the deserts of Northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe.

I was staying a few doors down from Tom at a hotel in Lake Tahoe.

Some of the stuff they were doing down there, as you can see from the trailer, was amazing.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Spacespider
Just wait and see..

Well since the trailer had f18's I doubt that's what's gunna happen.

The last screen depict a f-14 flying away..
And remember this is a movie.. and Hollywood loves to showcase how the old legends come back and kicks ass.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Bluntone22

Probably should change the movie title to Top Banned Assault Rifle.

Funniest post I’ve read in a good while...you win the identity politics post of the year! Here is your reward...

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm hoping Iceman becomes Iceperson and is played by a black transgender. The schadenfreude would be delicious.

Oh dear... what a thought!

But not this time... Val Kilmer is reprising his role. Val isn't in the trailer, but he's in the movie.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Hubby and I are looking forward to this (but when it comes to satellite!). We're not huge Tom Cruise fans, but he definitely makes good movies. We wondered what his angst was going to be in this movie. We figured he couldn't play the "daddy" card at this age. And I almost cried when I did read what it is -- bringing Goose's son under his wing!!! I still cry when Goose dies... me thinks I'm going to need some kleenex for this one too...

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This was filmed in the deserts of Northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe.

I was staying a few doors down from Tom at a hotel in Lake Tahoe.

Some of the stuff they were doing down there, as you can see from the trailer, was amazing.

Cool, did you bump in to him and chat at all?

Did he try to get you to join......that thing.....

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So the two star admiral asks Pete why he is only a Captain. This is nonsense. The average Naval officer retires as a Captain or Commander. VERY few officers make it to flag rank, less than 5%. Second, Captains do not fly. You are done flying after the Commander level where you can be C.O. of a squadron. Remember Commander Fravor, the UFO guy on the Nimitz? He retired as a Commander specifically because he would have to leave flying to become a Captain. So right at the get go this movie is lying to you. But of course I'll see it.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I was expecting to dislike this, I loved the first movie when I was a kid but it was mostly the soundtrack I loved, I'm not into military stuff, not into jets, I shouldn't like this.

But as soon as I saw those jet scenes I got excited, that's crazy! how low he was in the desert scene ...wow!

Movie looks good, I did not expect that. The soundtrack will never match the original though, i'd be OK if they just used the original again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join