It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New York Post says: It’s time to fire Mayor de Blasio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Wow! So even in this liberal city whence Sir Donald arose a newspaper who didn't endorse either candidate, in a true blue Democratic state is finally seeing the true colors of this Democratic mayor who in my opine could care less about US citizens in this city of 8+ million or so. I mean they will have to do something as people are reportedly leaving the State in droves and that affects the Treasury. I mean so hows Governor Cuomo going to pay all of those freebees when the "illegals" arrive for the goodies and handouts that are denied to current US citizens. Hes also another DNC tool who serves to turn the screws for the New World Order agenda, elected by the sheeples who watch his brother on CNN. Cuomo wont do squat. Fine. Maybe the people will finally wake up.

The lights went out on Broadway Saturday night, and Bill de Blasio was a thousand miles away in Iowa. It was the moment that perfectly captured his distracted, ego-driven failure of a mayoralty. Bill de Blasio does not care about New York City. He does not care about its people. He does not care about how it’s run. He does not care about you or your taxes, creating jobs or improving lives. All Bill de Blasio cares about is Bill de Blasio. And so, for the good of the city, Gov. Andrew Cuomo needs to remove the mayor from office.Text

New York Post
edit on 16-7-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 16-7-2019 by Waterglass because: revised newspaper statement

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

It's opinion. To opine is to give ones opinion, and is a verb. You give an opinion when opining.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Wow! So even in this liberal city whence Sir Donald arose the Democratic leaning Newspaper...

You're obviously not from around here. The New York Post is owned by NewsCorp and it is not 'Democratic leaning'.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Wow! So even in this liberal city whence Sir Donald arose the Democratic leaning Newspaper in a true blue Democratic state is finally seeing the true colors of this Democratic mayor who in my opine could care less about US citizens in this city of 8+ million or so. I mean they will have to do something as people are reportedly leaving the State in droves and that affects the Treasury. I mean so hows Governor Cuomo going to pay all of those freebees when the "illegals" arrive for the goodies and handouts that are denied to current US citizens. Hes also another DNC tool who serves to turn the screws for the New World Order agenda, elected by the sheeples who watch his brother on CNN. Cuomo wont do squat. Fine. Maybe the people will finally wake up.

The lights went out on Broadway Saturday night, and Bill de Blasio was a thousand miles away in Iowa. It was the moment that perfectly captured his distracted, ego-driven failure of a mayoralty. Bill de Blasio does not care about New York City. He does not care about its people. He does not care about how it’s run. He does not care about you or your taxes, creating jobs or improving lives. All Bill de Blasio cares about is Bill de Blasio. And so, for the good of the city, Gov. Andrew Cuomo needs to remove the mayor from office.Text

New York Post

While I agree that deBlasio is a self-absorbed tool, I think you maybe are mistaken in labeling the Post as "liberal."

I read it (and the Times) every day. It has a definite conservative slant and a sensationalist vibe. They still do real news and reporting for the most part but are not averse to shock-value headlines and a tabloid-esque approach to reportage.

Page Six is good, though... I always jump to that first for laughs and for any juicy NYC gossip.

Thanks for this post. It made me look deeper into the Post's history. Been a New Yorker on and off since the 80's and I still learned some stuff! Made my morning.

Edit: AugustusMasonicus beat me to it....
edit on 16/7/19 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

It's opinion. To opine is to give ones opinion, and is a verb. You give an opinion when opining.

I thought you opined when giving an opinion???

On topic, nice to see incompetence called out regardless of the target or source.
In the interest of full disclosure I’m enjoying that it’s another leftist nut job being called out though.

The $850 million to his wife’s thingy sounds like it needs looking into as well, it’s amazing how generous and even frivolous some public servants can be when it’s taxpayer money

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Was going to say, the New York Post isn't a liberal outlet, I think perhaps you got it confused with WAPO, the Washington Post, and or The New York Times, which are both heavily Left leaning media outlets.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Well they didn't choose a candidate in 2016. I mean the guy is from New York City

Editorially, The Post has endorsed the Republican Presidential Candidate in every race since 1980. However, in 2016 they did not offer an endorsement for the Presidential election to either candidate.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Correct to a point as they obviously buckled under as to the 2016 election. So what are they really? I revised said statement. As a paper they may have been in fear of both Trump and Hillary. So they punted.

Editorially, The Post has endorsed the Republican Presidential Candidate in every race since 1980. However, in 2016 they did not offer an endorsement for the Presidential election to either candidate.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Yesterday I watched in Telemundo a protest against de Blasio. Hispanic people asking to fire him.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Wow! So even in this liberal city whence Sir Donald arose the Democratic leaning Newspaper...

You're obviously not from around here. The New York Post is owned by NewsCorp and it is not 'Democratic leaning'.

He means the daily News. I brought both papers today, the Deblasio stuff was headlined in the Daily News that he just raised only a little over a million dollars for his doomed presidential campaign.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Correct to a point...

It's correct, period, they don't support Democrats.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
He means the daily News.

Doubtful. His link and excerpt are from the Post

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I understand.

I’m referring to the reference to what paper is democratic leaning

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

"You're obviously not from around here" may be the salient point. I'll let you in on a secret that you may already know... in terms of rural America, especially rural western America, big city East coast Republicans can seem strikingly liberal. I've read comments from Rudy Guiliani and fat boy from Jersey that were further left than anything a rural Democrat ever would have dared say while trying to get elected. So, by New York standards the Post may be the conservative source of news, but outside of that urban hell it could be perceived as being not very conservative.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I'll let you in on a secret that you may already know...

I'll let you in on one too, The New York Post is to Conservativism as The New York Times is to Liberalism. NewsCorp has an obvious bias to one side just as the Sulzberger family does to the other.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The Post is liberal...?

Not that I've ever noticed. It has a decided slant in the other direction, most times.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You are correct as that seems to be there MO but since they never endorsed anyone in 2016 for President I thought they punted. Or were just afraid. I removed what I wrote and revised within the edit window time frame.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I actually kinda respected their decision not to endorse anyone.

If you don't like 'em...don't pretend to.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
He got elected twice so he must be doing something right. Maybe they don't want him as president but apparently, they like him in NY.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your wrong on this one, the NYP post is Fox News in the flesh! AM is absolutely on the money about the NYP.

It's as right-wing as anything in America anywhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join