It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Homeowner Armed with AR-15 Kills 2 Home Invaders in Gunfight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The homeowner suspected the 4 bad guys were coming back. My only regret is the home owner was also shot as the Perpetrators came loaded for bear as all indications are it was a true firefight. I wonder if the home owner had a 10 or 30 round magazine ? The two that got away were later arrested and are facing multiple charges.

The Ocala Star Banner reported that a total of four suspects allegedly targeted the homeowner’s Marion County residence on Wednesday, July 10, initially seeking to gain entry by pretending to have car trouble and asking for help. The homeowner, identified by WCJB only as a war veteran, said he was unable to help and closed the door.

Deputies cited by Click Orlando said that when investigators arrived on the scene, one of the alleged intruders, identified as 21-year-old Keith Jackson Jr., was dead. He was reportedly wearing a Jason Voorhees mask from the movie “Friday the 13th” and had a semiautomatic pistol with the slide locked back, suggesting a fully spent magazine. The second deceased suspect was identified by WCJB as 22-year-old Nigel Doyle.

The homeowner is reportedly in stable condition in the intensive care unit.

The Ocala Star Banner reported that investigators arrested the other two suspects, 19-year-old Robert John Hamilton and 22-year-old Seth Adam Rodriguez, near the scene.

Pictures of the little darlings are in the article.
Sheetrock Walls in a house do not offer protection only concealment.
www.theepochtimes.com...

In another story: "70-Year-Old Woman Shot Home Invader"

Deputies with the Pocahontas County Sheriff’s Office were called to the home around 3:10 a.m. on Feb. 4. When they arrived, they found Jesse Blake, 34, lying in the yard, reported WVNS. Blake allegedly tried breaking two windows to get into the house but was stopped by the woman when she fired a .22 magnum rifle.

IMO a .22 magnum is a great little gun for a woman if she can hit what she is aiming at otherwise, all I can say if that incident went down like claimed is "Way to go Granny"!

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
It’s nice to wake up in the morning and read some good news while having a cup of mud.
👍

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Was out watching the helicopter that night circling, knew something was up when buddy told me intersection was closed and ambulances were flying by.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Way to go homeowner, this is the proper response when people come to your place looking for trouble that they start.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Go ahead punk....make my day.

Well done homeowner. Trouble is now, having dead people in the house knocks about 48% of your Zoopla value.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Well done homeowner. Trouble is now, having dead people in the house knocks about 48% of your Zoopla value.

I am sure the homeowner is good with that
The dead baddies will be removed
Homeowner's insurance will pay for the repair of damages and any cleanup
Homeowner is still alive.
2 thugs have assumed ambient temp and 2 more are prison bound
Think of all the future crimes this person prevented from happening.
All in all , a good day for the good guys.

edit on 7/13/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Hamilton and Rodriguez informed detectives that all four suspects went to the victim’s home with the intention of robbing him of marijuana and guns

Looks like they ran across the guns first.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Wondering just how innocent the homeowner is? Notice in the article they say the robbery were looking for marijuana and guns. They obviously were casing the place so I have a feeling hes selling pot out of his home.

So having the guns is what caused the attempted home invasion. Kind of ironic when you think about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I thought this was just a gun nut's fantasy?

Newsflash, bad things happen in real life. It's not all rainbows and unicorns. The anti-gun extremists would prefer this guy was unarmed or just had a .38 revolver.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Lock him up, those kids were turning their lives around!

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The article also states: "She said the investigation revealed that the homeowner believed he recognized one of the suspects from a past Craigslist transaction."

I think the homeowner made a Craigslist transaction with one of the thugs inside his home. Thug might have seen guns in a gun cabinet, since the homeowner was a vet. It's also not unusual, for a vet suffering from PTSD, to have weed around to treat his/her symptoms. Perhaps that's the reason why these guys targeted this homeowner for a future raid.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

The way he protected his home makes me think he's not interesting in selling the house.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: dragonridr

The article also states: "She said the investigation revealed that the homeowner believed he recognized one of the suspects from a past Craigslist transaction."

I think the homeowner made a Craigslist transaction with one of the thugs inside his home. Thug might have seen guns in a gun cabinet, since the homeowner was a vet. It's also not unusual, for a vet suffering from PTSD, to have weed around to treat his/her symptoms. Perhaps that's the reason why these guys targeted this homeowner for a future raid.

But yeah, might as well blame the victim rather than admit this is a positive story about guns. Some people..

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
About 30 years ago when I lived in the Detroit area, a friend of mine's older brother who lived nearby found out his house was robbed while he was out. He made a complaint to the city police about what was stolen and added at the end that his pot stash was taken as well. The police never investigated, but they did report the story to the local newspaper that ran the story and made fun of the crime because his pot was stolen. That was back in the day when having Mary Jane got you in jail in Michigan.

Not sure if he would have shot the thieves if he had caught them, but he was a good ole boy from West Virginia. He wasn't dealing, just his personal stash in this situation.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The bad part is now the 2 that survived can rob his house. They will be released before the home owner recovers and can get home probably.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Wondering just how innocent the homeowner is? Notice in the article they say the robbery were looking for marijuana and guns. They obviously were casing the place so I have a feeling hes selling pot out of his home.

So having the guns is what caused the attempted home invasion. Kind of ironic when you think about it.

What???

The perp's guns caused this? Or the victim having guns caused this?

The attackers might be alive without the vic having guns; he might have had to use a candlestick from the ballroom or a lead pipe from the billiard room to try and stay alive.

Or you mean because he resisted them, they died?

You could just as easily say that not having spoons in the house would have kept the owner from becoming fat.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Don't have things if you don't want to get robbed I guess.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Nice group. Too bad he didn't get the other guys.

I hope he is supported through this ordeal and gets any and all care and treatment to help him recover from this viscous raider attack.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Who blamed the victim? I'm a gun owner and support our vets. I merely stated a reason why this vet was targeted. Nothing more. I applaud that he served a dish of lead to these scumbags.

Love how some people put words in the mouths of others.....
edit on 7/13/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Homeowner - 1
Gang banging hoodlums - 0

Just goes to show the value of proper training. Kinda wish he got them all though. After they serve their sentences they will likely victimize someone else...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join