It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Total b.s. Right?

You know Grand Central Station is actually Grand Central Terminal?
Check it out.

So do you have any Effects you want to share?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I want to believe! It is a cool theory. It is one of those limits of perception things to me, or in this case limit of memory. I can never really be sure how I remember the subject of the effect. I don't trust my memory to the point where I can be 100% sure of my memory. It is always something small that has change and it was always a while ago.

Give me a ME that changed a few months ago and/or something big and I will be able to be 99.9% sure. It is always an effect I can't really be sure about. Like a dot at the limit of vision or a faint sound at the limit of hearing, I can't trust my sense.

I think the real conspiracy could be the ME itself. It is a brilliant conspiracy

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It's known by both names. That doesn't make it a Mandela Effect issue. Google Grand Central Station and see what happens, Then look it up on Wikipedia. No mystery here. So yeah: Total BS.
edit on 7/8/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The only mandela effect I will ever agree with is;

Walkers cheese and onion I swear was once in a green packet 🤔

Probably just my memory though, I forget what I am talking about half way through a sentence sometimes..

And im only 25 👀

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Some of the big mandela effects that people talk about seem like a distraction to me. For instance, people thinking "Luke, I am your father" is the actual line from the movie. People for years have been talking about how people didnt remember that line correctly. I always remembered it as him saying "No, I am your father." Or Sex in the City vs Sex and the City. They can sound very similar, especially if you you are saying it fast like Sex 'n the City. I always remembered people saying the wrong name and knowing that it was called Sex and the City. I knew at the time you guys were getting the name wrong. Thats just my memory. People get hung up on the phrasing of things, people say things fast and slur words and forget details.

On the other hand there are some that stand out to me. The biggest one for me is the painting of the King holding up the turkey/chicken leg. I have the memories of googling it a lot because it was so weird. It wasn't a line in a movie, it was a whole painting seemingly misremembered. Im maybe being biased towards the ones that effect me but it seems like a lot of the ones that get the focus arent the really mind blowing ones. Maybe if its the KJV bible or the koran or something that groups of people have memorized line for line it would be more compelling but not remembering part of a movie seems normal.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Quite simple : internet is being manipulated. Wikipedia changes facts at will. Mainstream media distorts facts and wayback machine uses algoritms to construct websites.

IMHO :

1 Mandela like flat earth was an Psyop to See how much general public could be influenced. A baseline for calculating effects like on controlling who becomes president.

2 Mandela is bad memory : al lot of ME's are just details that could easily be contributed to bad memory

3 Mandela is real : reality is malable. So what do we know about reality Change a texture in a game and then ALL textures are changed. Earth/Reality might be a simulation. All it takes is to upload some textures so to speak

4 Mandela is Occult magick : don't like magick , for me it's just cheatcodes within a simulation but I can be wrong.

5 Mandela is Cern : well don't think Cern shares everything with the public for brownie points. But based on info that is available to the public I don't think that Cern is capable to create an interdimensional rift. But who knows back in the days I read about that there are more levels at cern than the public knows about.. Some digging equipment went missing. Digging equipment showing signs of being used more than calculated for. IDK , maybe just urban legends. But if tech is more advanced than public may know it's possible that something else is going on there.

6 Two definition for the same thing , simple as that.

Conclusion (own mandela which I cannot explain)

I'm dutch so most of the mandela effects are meaningless to me but
I personally have a hard c3po with silverleg... played with that figure for years never ever noticed the silverleg. I my kids mind it was perfect golden. Bad memory/ bad observer ?

Feels :

What mandela is i don't know. But it sure feels like reality has changed since about 2011 or so. Whether that is subjective or objective I don't know either. But what I do know is that people are jumping to one or another bandwagon without listening for possible solutions. Seems to me that that way nothing will ever be solved. For me mandela means that humanity is under attack and that humanity has to get it's shiiiit together. All the changes in KJV mean that it's specific , meant to break the spirit of people. Combine that with the fact that most (but not all) mandela's make referals to a harsher reality (we vs I / love vs like etc) it becomes clear that the direction of that reality is one that takes humanity to a distopia that no-one really wants.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandonforsyth11

Probably just my memory though, I forget what I am talking about half way through a sentence sometimes..

And im only 25 👀

They have always been blue, it’s every other make that is green. Their s and v is green.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

And im only 25 👀

They have always been blue, it’s every other make that is green. Their s and v is green.

Yeah walkers have been blue since they swapped packet material but can't say before then.

Still alive by the way mate, hope your well.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

The reason for the mix up is Grand Central Station is underneath the Terminal. That is the name of the subway "station". The Terminal above has officially always been a terminal as that is what it is, a terminal for the various different modes of travel one can connect to from the trains above ground, buses, taxis, perhaps at one time even shipping accommodations. In no way a "mandella" effect.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Wahey! That’s a good way to start my day if ever there was one. A post from nonspecific. The Mandela Effect hasn’t turned you into a figment of my imagination!

I’ll PM you for a quick catch up. Be warned, the little envelope doesn’t turn white when you have a message anymore.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I can't believe some people don't know/trust their own memories enough to know some of the major M.E. events. But I'll let slide some of the trivial things like in advertising or brands etc. that my change, or be different in different geographic areas that people may not be aware of. But I will say it has always been "Sex in the City," not Sex and the City. Because it was IN the City (NY).

Anyway, what I really wanted to point out was the ME that always stuck out to me, and has changed several times now. This isn't something that is a minor difference, it is major. I'm talking about the changing location(s) of land mass(es). Australia is not where it was when I was younger, neither is New Zealand. Also, recently I have noticed that Australia's shape has changed twice. Over a month ago I noticed a shape change in it, and just now when I looked it up, it has again morphed a little bit.

Details:
Originally; Australia was very isolated, farther South and to the East with only water all around it. New Zealand was to the North West. Then several years ago it was noticed by myself and many others that this had changed. And that now New Zealand was to the South East, and Australia was farther North and nearly touching New Guinea. Things then changed again as the appearance, location and size of the Cape York Peninsula along with the Gulf of Carpentaria. Last month the Cape York Peninsula stuck straight up North, and extended very far (about twice as long as currently shown). Today, the Gulf and Peninsula are rotated clockwise slightly, and the Peninsula is shorter. Originally I don't recall these features being here. They need to be rotated more clockwise, and the Gulf seems too large...and square.

If anyone is interested about the Australia and New Zealand ME; here are some links to some old ATS threads on it.

98 members and counting Australia out of place

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia out of their place on map

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

And im only 25 👀

No mandela there you are correct, in the UK at least Cheese and Onion crisps used to be in GREEN packets while salt and vinegar used to be in BLUE packets, I think the change was probably part of standardization due to the EU, other country's probably used it the other way around so they changed it to that way here.

You must have been very young to still remember that.

(sorry had to edit that I actually put the wrong way around on the crisps but I am sure you knew what I meant and that being your memory is not faulty that is the way they used to be, it was probably as part of a standardized form for there product that the crisp packet colours were later swapped to the way we have them now and it is not only walkers but other crisp company's that have followed suit and done it also that way around).

Here is some proof you are correct.
yougov.co.uk...
forums.digitalspy.com...
edit on 10-7-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Got hit with a crazy one. Apparently there is no word putrefication. It's always been putrefaction.

A quick Google search shows that there are still old books, even medical texts using putrefication so...

Does anybody else remember the word being putrefication not putrefaction?

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: revswim

City doesn't sound anything like Icicle so I didn't consider that "big" at all, sorry...

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: fromunclexcommunicate

hi everyone, my keyboard is playing up on my laptop, so ignore my lack of capital letters etc.

this is driving me cray ...damn missing letter- but has anyone had this happen to them- the word used to be pronounced contribute, now everyone is saying contrabute........even my mother says it wrong.

has this word happened to anyone else- tia

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sorry to bring this old thread back to life, but something is bothering me and I'm not sure it's worthy of a new thread.

Several months ago, I revisited the SpaceX launch explosion from 2016. You may remember the "anomaly" (Or bird or bug) that crossed the screen exactly when the explosion occurred.
Anyway, I clearly remember the video, or at least I thought I did.

But now all the videos I can find look different.

Is my memory that bad?
Have I got my events confused?
Is this a Mandela effect?
Or am I just looking at a different angle of the same event?

Please, if you remember the video clearly may you look for yourself and let me know if it's how you remember.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangawoo2

I vaguely recall the anomaly being mentioned at the time.

Cheers

top topics

join