It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage shows thousands of bees VIBRATING before dying after 7.1 magnitude earthquake.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Maybe some kind of HazMat leak?

That or the DEW's used to cause the quake killed them.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Maybe radon gas. It has no smell and comes from the ground.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Colony Collapse Disorder started happening all over several states at once. That makes it improbable that they were/are dying from overworking like you claim.

Here is a video from 2014 in which experts talk about CCD.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The majority of the CCD I have personally witnessed, has been in commercial hives--ones shipped interstate multiple times.

Keepers who have kept their bees local, have all been some form of failure to over-winter successfully.

There is a lot of hype around the issue. The fact is that honeybee mortality is way up all over north America and world wide. There are a variety of reasons for that; the spread of disease (especially varoa mites) is one of the keys, as is the fact that the vast majority of cultivated honeybees in the US are of Italian race. Many keepers are switching to Germans, Russians or Carniolans because they overwinter so much better than Italians.

There are some good youtube videos about "how to perform a bee colony autopsy" that talk about determining the scientific reason for a given hive death. People, especially ignorant journalists, will jump on ANY hive death as "CCD". It's a lot more complicated than that.

edit on 7-7-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

As for being poisoned, in some instances yes but not all these cases could be explained by poisoning. Not to mention that we have had also bird die offs. Birds and bees do need Earth's magnetic field to navigate.

Honey bees navigate using magnetic abdomens

How do honeybees use their magnetic compass? Can they see the North?

During the day bees also use the sun, if it is sunny outside, to navigate.

Honeybee navigation: following routes using polarized-light cues

Extreme changes in Earth magnetic field, and changes in the sun could also cause bees to act strangely and eventually die.

We have had several threads showing how Earth's magnetic field has been weakening, and the weakening has gotten worse. There have also been studies that show the Sun itself is acting very strange. So there are more than one reason why bees could die like this.

Earth's Magnetic Field Is Weakening 10 Times Faster Now

Like I mentioned, in other studies it was found that our Sun has also been acting strangely, and even thou the overall activity of the sun has been weakening, the visible light of our sun was increasing for some strange reason.

Does a Weaker Sun Mean a Warmer Earth? Changes in the sun's output of various wavelengths of light have been warming the planet recently, contradicting scientists' computer models of the solar cycle

These changes do affect bees and birds, and could also explain some of these bees and birds die-offs.

edit on 7-7-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The highest honey producing area in the western hemisphere is north Texas from waxahachie to the red river. It is also home of the Telecom Corridor, and has as much cellphone coverage as any place. I have kept beens in suburban Dallas and Fort Worth, in the middle of 5 million people (and as many cars!) and major urban pollution.

Bees navigate by the sun, first and foremost. To "clean" my suit after working on hives, I go into my dark garage, and the bees leave because they prefer the sunlight outside. The begin moving immediately to the light of the open door, and I just turn around in a circle with my arms out, so they can find their way back home.

Im sure they are electro-sensitive as well. So they probably use human magnetic fields to navigate. Waterfowl do this; they've been documented to navigate from one power station to the next on their annual migrations.

But bees are creatures of the light, and rely on the light to find their hive entrance. When you move a hive, you orient the entrance south or east so it will be in the sunlight as they leave to get pollen. When the entrance faces north or west, they are much slower to leave in the mornings.

There is a lot of sensationalistic material, on the net and even places like Nat Geo channel. It tells a good story, but doesn't relate to real bees very much.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I actually gave links to scientific journals, so i am not inventing any of what I wrote.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

I actually gave links to scientific journals, so i am not inventing any of what I wrote.

"I posted linky-loos, so I'm going to ignore the professional bee keeper who knows WAY more about bees than I do".
Makes you about a reputable as being a "social media influencer".
edit on 7/7/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Maybe some pesticide containers opened by accident ?

😧

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Thanks for posting evidence that the bees are using magnetics. Confirms a suspicion online that the bees died as a result of Chinese “HAARP technology” used on California as a result of the US/Philippine provocation in China’s waters.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

"I posted linky-loos, so I'm going to ignore the professional bee keeper who knows WAY more about bees than I do".
Makes you about a reputable as being a "social media influencer".

And here is Nyiah proclaiming that science should not be trusted...

edit on 7-7-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct name.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
Bees navigate by the sun, first and foremost. To "clean" my suit after working on hives, I go into my dark garage, and the bees leave because they prefer the sunlight outside. The begin moving immediately to the light of the open door, and I just turn around in a circle with my arms out, so they can find their way back home.

That is no evidence that they use the sun first and foremost. If you were to go inside your house and turn on a bright light in another room they would go towards the light, similar to how other insects also go towards artificial light. They do use the sun, but when they are going to collect honey from different flowers the sun iitself is not much help to help find their way back, more so during cloudy days.

Are Bees attracted to light?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

That is no evidence that they use the sun first and foremost.

Honeybees, like wasps, do not fly after sunset unless disturbed.

Is that because the magnetic field is absent at night?

Nyiah was being a douche. I know you linked to scientific papers. I never said otherwise.

I will say though, that apiary research is largely a joke. If you look at the researchers of the work you sourced, many of them are general entymologists with no particular expertise in honeybees. Melliferia are a domesticated species, and so research on wild social insects does not apply as directly as one might hope.

CCD is the "global warming" of apiary science. You can't point to a singular cause, or model a particular colony collapse before the event. Most of THAT published research is done by biologists in other fields who saw that they could get a grant funded by (American honey conglomerate) if they re-eeeed about CCD.

So much so that Texas A&M started a pilot project in cooperation with a Texas beekeepers association that was doing the bulk of the profitable research on veroa mites. The association has a scholarship contest, and a young teenager who won it has successfully bred bees that instinctively clean themselves of veroa mites. He used science, and kept his own records, and I think he mounted some go-pros at hive entrances around the state. So A&M now coordinates with beekeepers, to the extent that they will analyze the pollen content of your honey for free. Honey is like the 5th most ag product in the state, and the university realized they'd get better funding, and better research, if they actually talked to people who kept bees.

I know that the stuff you cited is out there. Just like bees can be said to orient by magnetism, in as much as you find YOUR way home from work by sound--- technically true, but eyesight is the real story. It's just that NOVA and company couldn't hook you with an ecological crisis if they didn't play it up as key new research.

As to the topic of the thread, I can post a picture of dead adult worker bees by the dozen lying at the entrance to one of my hives. But it's because some of them got burned by the smoker which my kid was using to vigorously, not because we had an earthquake here.

There remains one 'scientifically proven' killer of larger groups of adult female workers: poison. Occam's razor suggests that's the cause in the video cited. Since there's no picture of the hive, or of dead larvae....

and people do poison honeybee swarms all the time, when they find out that pesticide applicators will charge $200 to remove them, and they don't know to call the local beekeeper's association. so, scientifically, it is safe to infer that these bees were inadvertently (or advertantly) poisoned before the camera started shooting.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Colony Collapse Disorder started happening all over several states at once. That makes it improbable that they were/are dying from overworking like you claim.

That's an example of an "ad hoc, ergo propter hoc" logical fallacy.

Beekeepers from all over America get paid big money to ship their hives to California.

In the case of my north Texas bees, a trucker brings a flat-bed truck and parks it in the middle of a farmers field. He will pay you $500 a hive to "borrow" them to California for two weeks. and will pay you $1000 if the hive dies or is flooded out. Another $500 for the rio, and $1000 for Florida, and you can see that you make more money by renting out your pollinators than you do from the honey. the bees in California almond groves come from TX, AZ, all over the midwest. as well. The fact that CCD has been reported in multiple states supports my argument, not yours.
edit on 7-7-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

They we're drone bee's...the quake shorted them out. I haven't seen a fully functioning honey Bee in years and, where are the chipmunks...Gone. What a shame.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
If it were thousands of wood roaches (They're a thing in the East. Not your usual little German variety) shaking and dying you wouldn't say it's heart breaking.

Bees are small organic drones without a pilot because their dna is the pilot. They don't have free will or conciousness of their surroundings beyond their sensors that are coded to create set responses to stimuli.

They die if they sting something once and if they have sex once. The stinger probably doubles as the reproductive organ.

edit on 7/8/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

These changes do affect bees and birds, and could also explain some of these bees and birds die-offs.

Yes,

many other animals as well that use the magnetic fields to navigate,

Earthquakes and other seismic activity have been found to cause variations in geomagnetic fields and create electromagnetic fields.

It would be interesting to look at the many animal die offs, fish, bird etc and many others and see if there was any seismic activity near by prior to finding the dead animals.

I think it could be linked in a way.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
If it were thousands of wood roaches (They're a thing in the East. Not your usual little German variety) shaking and dying you wouldn't say it's heart breaking.

Bees are small organic drones without a pilot because their dna is the pilot. They don't have free will or conciousness of their surroundings beyond their sensors that are coded to create set responses to stimuli.

They die if they sting something once and if they have sex once. The stinger probably doubles as the reproductive organ.

worker honeybees (the ones outside the hive) are sexless "female" workers. They do not have sex organs and cannot reproduce. Once the future queen mates with a drone, she keeps his sperm alive in her body for the rest of her life. Unless the hive swarms and moves to a new location, she will not leave the brood chamber of her hive. She is the only female of her hive (2000-60,000 individuals) who can have sex or reproduce. She also has no stinger.

As far as individual intellect goes, a lot of posters on ATS "don't have free will or consciousness of their surroundings beyond their sensors"

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Try asking a bee-keeper in an earthquake senitive zone. They seem to be fully aware of bees panicking and going "on the wing" when an earthquake is near..

Peace
edit on 8-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Well that was dumb
That's because it wouldn't be, do cockroaches do the majority of pollination in the world? Can you grasp how important that is?
I'm sure cockroaches do something though.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join