It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage shows thousands of bees VIBRATING before dying after 7.1 magnitude earthquake.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
(had to change the title because I couldn't post it with the long original title)

By Josh Saunders For Dailymail.com

Published: 23:30 EDT, 6 July 2019 | Updated: 09:41 EDT, 7 July 2019

Thousands of bees have been shown dead on the ground after a 7.1 magnitude earthquake struck California.

The shocking footage shows social media influencer Khalil Underwood outside his house, amid a mass of the dead insects on Saturday.

He zooms close to the ground to reveal the plight of the bees and the masses of carcasses that cover much of the ground in front of him.

'This is crazy. I've never witnessed anything like this,' Underwood exclaims. 'Look how many f***ing bees are on the f***ing floor from the earthquake.'

He pointed to some that were still alive, appearing to shake and buzz on the ground as well as the struggle he had while moving his car.

Underwood claims the bees 'vibrated, buzzed and died' as a result of the earthquakes.

Scientists have previously noted that animals and insects act strangely in the lead up to an earthquake, but do not know why, according U.S. Geological Survey.

Here is a link to twitter and the video that Khalil took in the morning.
twitter.com...

Here is a link to the video he took at night.
twitter.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

For some reason during and after the 7.1 earthquake hundreds, if not thousands of bees started acting strangely as they fell to the floor. Most of them died by the next morning. Khalil, the one reporting this, filmed at night what the bees were doing, but it was too dark and he seems to not have realized he should have turned his cell phone light on.

Meanwhile the video that Khalil took the night of the earthquake is very dark, he also recorded the next morning and showed that indeed the floor was full of hundreds if not thousands of dead bees. Some were still alive and still acting strangely.

BTW, the videos can be found in the article. Khalil posted them on Twitter, and I can't find any videos on youtube about this.

Has anyone who lives in California noted this before after an earthquake?

edit on 7-7-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add, correct comment and add link.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Very unusual and not a peep from anyone.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Perhaps because it's a normal thing?

According to the article: "Scientists have previously noted that animals and insects act strangely in the lead up to an earthquake, but do not know why, according U.S. Geological Survey."

The sun came up this morning? Why is nobody covering this earth-shattering story?

That.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Bees are sensitive to various environmental factors.

Following the recent quakes, it was reported that there were a number of natural gas leaks from gas lines sheared by the quake. Some of these leaks have caused structural and other fires.

Is it possible that the group of bees in question were “gassed”?

Lived in California all my life and have never heard of bees being directly affect by an earthquake, regardless of its magnitude.

If apples fall from a tree just as a bird flies over that tree, it doesn’t mean that the bird caused the apples to fall.

Although I am willing to entertain the possibility that the geo-magnetic effects generated by a large quake might, Might!, temporarily, disorient bees in the immediate area, I seriously doubt, and have seen no scientific evidence to suggest, that a quake, alone could kill bees en mass.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Khalil was there and if there was gas he would have smelled it, but he didn't. He also filmed twice, at night and in the morning and didn't state that there was any smell of gas.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Yes, they act strangely but I don't recall any videos or comments about hundreds or thousands of bees dying because of an earthquake.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Damn that's heartbreaking..

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Have not seen even one bee here in Socal since 2019, yet!

Where have they all gone?

It's been about a decade since I saw a Honey or Bumble Bee.

Most bees around now seem to be frankenbee's that look like killer bees and sting harder - go for the temples for some reason! - they're secretly Monsatan-modified to withstand all the glyphosate socal is currently being inudated. But even those I havent seen all year, so far!

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
There is a difference between acting strange and dying. I have never heard of animals dying in quakes unless they are crushed by falling debris or something like that. I think this may very well be unusual.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Lost me here " social media influencer"

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
maybe the electromagnetic disturbances caused by earthquakes fried these bee's navigation sensory organ and made their bodies stress out from sudden overexertion, like it made all their muscles clench and relax repeatedly really fast. just guessing.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Lost me here " social media influencer"

Apparently he has a lot of followers on twitter.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wouldn't be surprised if he fumigated them himself for retweets.

Anyone who calls themselves a "social media influencer" should not be trusted.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
maybe the electromagnetic disturbances caused by earthquakes fried these bee's navigation sensory organ and made their bodies stress out from sudden overexertion, like it made all their muscles clench and relax repeatedly really fast. just guessing.

Yes, but why now? I have searched the internet and haven't found a case like this in which during or after the earthquake hundreds, or thousands of bees were dying with no apparent motive other than the earthquake.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

He shows the walking path and shows a lot of bees are on the floor along the path and all over the floor. Apparently he is an actor and a singer with a lot of followers.

edit on 7-7-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
First thing that came to mind when I read the title and later article was how bees react to the giant Japanese hornets who go into a hive and start ripping things apart. One of the defenses is to surround the hornet and vibrate to a certain point around the intruder and cook it to death.

Perhaps an earthquake creates panic of an intruder, and since they don't detect something that can't be simply stung to death or strung away, the bees go into defensive mode, which is to vibrate, and tragically since there is no physical entity there they exhaust themselves?
edit on 7-7-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
link   
I'm a beekeeper. Bees are incredibly hardy, they can tolerate heat above 110F daily, which makes them one of the few agricultural projects that work in the high desert.

That said, colony collapse disorder is largely an effect of overworking the bees-- shipping them to Cali for 2 weeks for almond polination, then Texas Rio Grande for Oranges for 2 weeks then back home for a week before shipping them to Florida for Oranges for another 2 weeks.

But even with CCD, the bees don't die all at once like that. The queen quits laying, or else a parasite like veroa mites attacks too large a portion of the workers, that kind of thing

The only mechanism for adult workers all dying simultaneously is if they have been poisoned.

End of story

link   
I'm a beekeeper. Bees are incredibly hardy, they can tolerate heat above 110F daily, which makes them one of the few agricultural projects that work in the high desert.

That said, colony collapse disorder is largely an effect of overworking the bees-- shipping them to Cali for 2 weeks for almond polination, then Texas Rio Grande for Oranges for 2 weeks then back home for a week before shipping them to Florida for Oranges for another 2 weeks.

But even with CCD, the bees don't die all at once like that. The queen quits laying, or else a parasite like veroa mites attacks too large a portion of the workers, that kind of thing

The only mechanism for adult workers all dying simultaneously is if they have been poisoned.

End of story

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: watchitburn

He shows the walking path and shows a lot of bees are on the floor along the path and all over the floor. Apparently he is an actor and a singer with a lot of followers.

Do you mean "ground" ? Floor is a term used to describe indoor flooring or the ocean floor. Outdoors is called ground.
The bee's were on the ground. See spot run, that sort of thing..
just joking for the "see spot run" part.

Definitely abnormal for bees to die from an earthquake.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Maybe it is a sign of the end times or the rapture that is inbound?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join