It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - VP Pence cancels NH event, recalled from AF2

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

I know now why she's being rushed down there. Nowt major much to my relief. Panic over in our house, plus we get to look after the granddaughter unexpectedly!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Not sure how reliable this site is, but I just read this. sub sunk

I have noticed that the article states that the EU has a security council. Haven't we established that they don't?
edit on 7/2/2019 by lonegurkha because: update

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lonegurkha

Great find, hope its not true.
I found this link on the sub that lost 14 people. It says that they sent out a smaller sub/probe. It is a super spy sub. Does make one wonder.
www.thedrive.com...
edit on 2-7-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The sub is supposedly now back in port.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I agree with you, it does make one wonder. I think we know that our government as well as the Russians often lie to cover up incidents like this could be. I wonder if the real truth will ever come out?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

It's the Russian equivalent of the Carter on a much smaller scale.
edit on 7/2/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The Losharik is a nuclear powered submersible that's transported by other subs to get close to its mission area. If it wasn't involved in the fire, why claim that one of your most advanced and secretive submersibles was?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Oh GOD PLEASE let it be a giant killer asteroid, PLEASE let it be a giant killer asteroid!

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

It would end the tedious Brexit debate over here once and for all.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's a good point. It would be a good way to temporarily cover up an incident. Truth is I don't know. I'm not sure how reliable that site is for info like this. I suppose if one our subs turns up missing, we can have a guess at what the reason is.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

That site usually has good information, but draws lousy conclusions from it. The Losharik has been identified on multiple sources though.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

So is the Losharik Some kind of a spy submersible? Must be small if it can be carried by other subs.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

Oh GOD PLEASE let it be a giant killer asteroid, PLEASE let it be a giant killer asteroid!

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It's unconfirmed to be in the 200 foot range, displacing 2,000 tons. It's believed to be carried on a modified Delta III missile sub. Reports have it diving as deep as 8,000 feet in the Arctic. It's designed to possibly tap into cables that run along the seafloor.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's unconfirmed to be in the 200 foot range, displacing 2,000 tons. It's believed to be carried on a modified Delta III missile sub. Reports have it diving as deep as 8,000 feet in the Arctic. It's designed to possibly tap into cables that run along the seafloor.

Any chance it suffered damages on a mission, someone defending those cables?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Thanks for the information. Hmmm a possible cable tapper, now that's very interesting. Would it be armed, or would the carrier sub protect it? Sorry to ask so many questions Zaphod, But I'm a bit old and not up on this stuff.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

Doubtful if it happened in Russian waters. If it's already back in port, it most likely was in their waters. It depends mostly on where they try to tap it. If they try to come into a US port, like we used to do to them, then yes. If it's international waters, only if we have something parked on the cable, which is unlikely. This is designed to go deeper than anything but a DSRV.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

As deep as it's designed to go, any kind of weapons port would create a weakness in the hull. They'd have to rely on the carrier sub for any weapons.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Cheers Zaph

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

FFS no..too many awesome and wonderful things in life to go along with all the bad things..
Why would you want to miss out on anything?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join