It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nuclear NASA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

very cool video about current nuclear stuff going on at NASA

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Links not working

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: penroc3

Links not working

Fixed.
Just watched it, wow what a stunning piece of engineering!
The whole design looks so simple and yet carries massive potential for limitless power in any chosen environment.
I could look at it for hours, it's great to see nuclear power being developed at this level again as it's definitely the best energy solution currently available to us. Hopefully the doomsters won't decide to start up with thier ignorant fear campaigns
again and cripple what could possibly be the answer to the need for reliable, clean, and with current technology, safe sources of energy.
Thanks for sharing OP

edit on 30-6-2019 by BlackIbanez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
NASA has been toying with nuclear engines for years, look at the "Cash, Landrum" case. There have been interviews with some pilots of these craft and they all came back with "not only is it dangerous for environment but more importantly for the pilots themselves".
Nuclear, nuclear??? It's crap for a start, it's crap when it works and it's doubly crap when it's been used up.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackIbanez

thanks for fixing the link looks like i missed in my copy and paste.

its amazing watching the radioisotope end glowing away, and its safe to say this is all been doable for decade as we were feilding some of the most advanced and powerful reactors on our NAVY'S subs and other nuclear powered craft so imagine what is REALLY cutting edge reactor desgin, shielding and power conversion/storage, if we have room temp superconductors it would be criminal not to have a moon base at the VERY least.

i can't help but feel like this is NASA and the space program soft selling nuclear power because it is already on finalized spacecraft(covertly) or yet to be built ones. we can get nuclear payloads to space very safely and all the evidence i need to point to is the fact of how many we have had go perfectly(even in the 60 and 70s). nuclear fission and fusion are the only potent enough power sources we really know about and can control.

people just need to be shown how we are going forward are getting these 'scary' payloads launched safly and even safe if an accident happens.

i want to fly in space before i die, im 34 now i wonder if that will come true.
edit on 30-6-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join