It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The imitation of Christ - The second most read book in the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The bible is the most read book in the world. The second most read book is "The imitation of Christ" written by Thomas Kempis in circa 1420 AD. A man who spent his entire life in the study and practice of following Christ as we all should. Thomas Kempis had his flaws like any other man but his teachings are clear and inspired by the Holy Spirit. This book will answer many questions and set the record straight on how a Christian should live his/her life.

Thomas Kempis was a Catholic monk and if you have an open mind you will see some faulty Catholic doctrine (doctrines of men) when he mentions purgatory and how he adores the pope but this should not turn you off from his main message on how to live and walk in Christ.

No man walks without fault and we all have fallen short of what God expects and demands of us. BUT this book goes into clear detail how you should live your life. If you combine your bible studies along with studying this book you will see the importance as to why you should immediately change your life and for those who have the Holy Spirit within them will see the truth and be fed spiritually. Time is running out for this age and this book will help you prepare spiritually.

I recommend you buy this book for your library but for those who want to start reading it today I have enclosed an online link below and you can start today.

God bless you all.

Imitation of Christ

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The Internet disagrees.

Chairman Maos awesome quotes is the 2nd most read book.

Then Harry Potter... LoTR...

The Alchemist.

The Davinci Code

The Twilight Saga

Gone with the Wind

Think And Grow Rich

The Diary of Anne Frank...

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

This list could also be titled what people are doing while they poop.

The best books I've read tend to be less well known.

"Most Read" to me tends to translate to "Lowest Common Denominator".

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

A stack of MAD magazines all I need for toilet material that and posting on ATS.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Just wandering how a OP on the way to live life as god wants is authored by a member with the name -
DeathSlayer.

Death definition - end of life.
Slayer definition - the act of killing something or someone.

So reads - End of life the act of killing something or someone. (Slayer)

Makes about as much sense as a book written by humans supposedly about gods desires.

Theres only 10 rules to living as god wants - you guessed it the 10 commandments. You know the only time god gave instructions to humanity by his own hand. Gee i wonder why these original instructions have been lost supposedly since forever?

The hypocrasy is so bad i actually feel myself sympathizing with Lysergic. Ohh the pain of it.

ps: if you really gave a moments thought to god and living accordingly your name selection would be representative of such.
edit on 30-6-2019 by CthruU because: ps

edit on 30-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2019 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I think it's more like DeathSlayer = slayer(or conquerer) of death.

Not to cause death but to defeat it.

It's actually kinda badass.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

I think it's more like DeathSlayer = slayer(or conquerer) of death.

Not to cause death but to defeat it.

It's actually kinda badass.

Then by that logic it should read SlayerDeath. Shouldn't it? - then it fits as it then reads the act of killing death.
Which by the way is exactly how you wrote it in your first statement to try to explain it.

Nice try.
edit on 30-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2019 by CthruU because: none

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Correct

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I don't respond to trolls.

So that you now know.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

So that you now know.

I dont troll, but if i was you just did, did you not? Hypocrisy theme gathering credibility.

The fact is it reads how it reads. Simple.

Perhaps you should let a little more holy spirit in and question my untrolling facts.

Really- you clearly are searching for enlightenment with your topic and hoping to enlighten others along the way. Very honorable indeed...... but I'm sorry i guess for stretching you to far to soon.

You'll get there.

This is a fork in the road moment for you and you alone......which road will you take?
edit on 30-6-2019 by CthruU because: 2

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Two rules, love God love each other unless you are a Jew then you have the 10 Commandments

And interestingly enough, Jesus will slay death

Some of the dumbest people are christians

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

So that you now know.

I dont troll, but if i was you just did, did you not? Hypocrisy theme gathering credibility.

The fact is it reads how it reads. Simple.

Perhaps you should let a little more holy spirit in and question my untrolling facts.

Really- you clearly are searching for enlightenment with your topic and hoping to enlighten others along the way. Very honorable indeed...... but I'm sorry i guess for stretching you to far to soon.

You'll get there.

This is a fork in the road moment for you and you alone......which road will you take?

You talk the Holy Spirit but live under the law, ironic, but you are not smart enough to understand how ludicrous your position is, go study to prove yourself worthy

www.phildrysdale.com...

This is a fork in the road moment, go study, really, go study
If you really are a Christian?

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Thanks DS, be interested to know what it’s about, philosophy?
Many of the great church fathers were Catholics and they did a great job in their theology, went a stray latter

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
"Repent! The end is near!"

After 2,000 years of this message...and no end in sight, I'm starting to wonder

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Study what? Your texts? Keep dreaming.

"Two rules" 1 : i will continue to follow what god tells me to....2 : and that is to reach as many as possible.

"Ludicrous" is the fact of how right god is when god told me I'll only reach but a few. But i guess those few are very important indeed.

You keep nipping at my heals about these glorious texts of yours- I've told you before - stock up on them it's a long long long road for you . Your going to need alot of toilet paper on your pilgramage to nowhere.

I'll stick to what god tells me thanks and you can continue down your chosen path.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Thanks DS, be interested to know what it’s about, philosophy?
Many of the great church fathers were Catholics and they did a great job in their theology, went a stray latter

Catholics and murderers and pedophiles and rapists. Such " great church fathers"

Great "philosophy" group them catholics.

Your sorely mislead.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Yeah they are but so are Protestants
amazingdiscoveries.org...

shoebat.com...

So there is a story in the bible about a plank in the eye, read it
It’s relevant

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
Surely that will be sales and online downloads. The Bible has been around for a few weeks longer than Harry Potter.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The fact that so many people need a book to tell them how to be a good person is a real worry.
Quite a display already by the "Christians" on this thread showing their hair-trigger aggressive need to dominate and the ease with which they rush to cast judgement on others. I'm sure thier "book" has quite a lot to say about that.
As an agnostic I respect those Christians that truly carry Christ in thier heart with modesty, rather than the majority that just use his name to signal thier virtue and control/dominate others.
edit on 30-6-2019 by BlackIbanez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Bible number 1

Chairman maos awesome adventures is 2nd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join