It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hiya Nyiah! Hey I rhymed. lol

At my last place of employment, they would have appreciation barbecues with great food. They even offered lobster. In winters we had pizza parties.

Maybe the people your Hubby works with could take turns chaperoning?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I love that Ari guy's music!!!!!! Awesome! You always introduce me to amazing music.

I didn't know that in Finland they don't use the word love like we do around here. I would be speechless. Lol
I love so many things and always have to express that. And I love you my friend!

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I will be going out with my Sister later on for lunch.

Breathe deep and live in the moment. Concentrate on beautiful things. If only for this day, leave your cares behind.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
'Raine, living in fear (as you said) is something I dealt with for years. I can only say that the reality was both worse and better than I had imagined. The depths to which one falls cannot be described, but I learned they were not to be feared, for they led towards release from those years of fear and dread. The release is still painful but if one can let go -- let go as much as we can -- then we feel the love that buoyed us up, from the one we loved and love still. And this lets us carry on.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
Thank you, Blue. But at least our boat sails ahead. Slowly and often over rough seas, but it carries us forward through life and hopefully, one day, to pleasanter shores.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
Oh, WIS, I sometimes wonder how you know. Loch Lomond is a special place for me, not just physically but spiritually. Back around 43 years ago when I was just a young man, I even spent a night at Loch Lomond castle. It was a magical time, especially as a day or two before, up on the Isle of Skye, I had met a lovely young lady named Bronnie (just 20, like me), who was from Canada. We had to travel on along our separate ways after meeting on the lovely Isle, but I was still walking on clouds when I got to Loch Lomond: I slept little during my night there as I was mostly lying awake and thinking of her, thinking and wishing that our paths could have continued on together.

If there is some love on a journey, it makes it all the more magical. With Dada, on our journey together, we had love every day. With Bronnie (and long before I met Dada), it was just a few short days. But still I wonder what might have been if that time together could have gone on.

My travels in Scotland have always kept their magic, because of those few short days with Bronnie. And Loch Lomond just emphasized their wonder.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Thank you for the inspiring words Mike!
So wonderful to see you today! How are the kitties and the weather and stuff?

Oh, where are my manners? Shall I pour you a drink Sir Mike? It's a perfectly lovely evening in the Shedlands with a gentle summer breeze. We can sit in the garden or go down to the ocean or just hang out in the Shed.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hello!

I woke up at 5 AM. Soon it is 6 AM and i am having my second mug of black coffee now.

Have a great weekend everyone!

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Thank you for sharing that with me, my friend. I just wish the better days would get here soon than next century.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Black coffee? I'll have cream and sugar in mine please.

LOVE the song you posted!

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Keep hanging in there Blue!

I'm achy today, but had an awesome very late lunch with my Sister. We went to a restaurant/Inn. Awesome food and beautiful place. The weather was lovely and outside there were flowers and herbs, a water fountain and statues, trees and bushes and a pond across the street.

Came home and...there are baby birds in a nest on the porch. From what I could see, the birds were just adorable, but I couldn't tell what kind they were.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Good to read that you had a nice day.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I haven't watched the whole thing, but there is beautiful imagery and music in this. Magical!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yes Night Star, there is a place in the world where you can go play with the owls. It's the Owl Cafe & Bar Owl Village, Harajuku, Japan outside of Tokyo.

Pictures from the Owl Cafe & Bar Owl Village in Japan

I LOVED seeing the owls; they were so beautiful. They have itty bitty owls and huge owls. You can hold them on your arm and pet them. The barn owls even like their faces massaged.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Oh how sweet! Years ago we had a bird of prey area set up at some pet expo. You could have your picture taken with whatever bird you chose. I regret that I didn't wait in the long line to have a pic taken. That would have been so cool.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It is good to see you are all still here. LookingFAB, Night, WIS, everyone. It has been years now. You guys have an awesome friendship.

I wish you all Shedders an awesome day! I mean it.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Good day, evening, and other appropriate rotation.

I've been wondering why I haven't been making coffee in the morning the past few weeks. I usually brew up 30-60oz each morning, but I haven't been recently. I haven't bean recently, you could say.

A bit mysterious, as I got a bag of excellent Tanzanian from a local roaster 5 or 6 days ago, and it's been on my counter untouched. Instead, I've either skipped coffee, had tea, or journeyed to 7/11 for my morning wake-up.

I couldn't figure it out, until I finally made some coffee this morning. My normal habit is to make coffee quite slowly -- I use a hand-poured Chemex pot; it takes a while. The usual cadence is: wipe sleep from eyes, take kettle downstairs to the still to get water, while water is boiling rinse pot, thermos, and new paper filter, grind beans, pour a little water and allow the coffee to "bloom", then gradually pour splashes of water every minute or so until it's brewed. Not exactly labor intensive, but complex and a bit time consuming.

So while this is going on, I usually clean the kitchen up. Empty dishwasher, clear counters and sink, wipe down surfaces, take out trash perhaps -- you get the idea. All paced by adding additional little splashes of water to the brew. Sort of feels more like I'm earning my coffee that way.

Anyway, my kitchen's been a bit messy lately. Not nasty stale food messy, but sloppier than I'm comfortable with, because I haven't been following my habitual coffee-making routine, mostly.

So I realized this morning that the reason I haven't been drinking as much coffee is that some part of me feels that a messy kitchen is a more proper state right now. I know that's weird, but it's almost like I feel there's undone chaos in life that has been with me, and I (subconsciously perhaps) want that to be reflected in my surroundings. So, I've been keeping my kitchen messy.

Weird, huh?

Anyway, here's some fresh brew for all you of the Shed, and kith and kin, to enjoy this beautiful day.

And to Night Star, here is a Hummingbird Orchid.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

OMG, how awesome to see you Swanne! It's been so long since your last visit. How are you? Where ya been? I do hope you join us more often.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ian McLean

Hello dear Ian! You sure do take your coffee seriously. My kitchen is a bit messy too. I have too much stuff. Lol

I absolutely LOVE the pic you left for me! Thank you so much! Such an amazing and beautiful flower!

How have you been? It's been rather quiet in here, but there is always someone around thank goodness.

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join