It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Sorry to hear about your Mom! Can she use a walker? Does she have a wheelchair?

She can use the walker to somewhat get around but cannot stand up long enough to do anything in the kitchen. I think the most she can do is about 10 steps or so. She does have a wheelchair for longer trips such as to the car for doctor appointments like next week.
edit on 7 21 2019 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Though Mark has a prosthetic leg when he goes out, at home he uses his wheelchair. I cook for us most of the time, but he can cook and get around the house easily. So if you are ever sick, it would be good for her to know that she can look after herself. Your Dad might burn the house or something. Lol

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Dad cooks his own "internet diabetic food of the month" He checks on her half the time and I do the same. Her door is close enough for her to walk to in order to yell for my help when needed. She has new testing and perhaps doctors to see in the next few weeks so all I can hope for is that she starts feeling better.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Mama cat and Polar the dog sharing the warmth.

Great to see the animals enjoy each others company. Jack frost has been about some of the mornings here so the prime spot for the beasties is on the lounge near the fire place.

Kind regards,

bally

edit on 21-7-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I hope she feels better too Blue.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Awwww, so sweet!

How are you bally?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Shroom Beer in the making.

Cutting a groove. Can't wait for that sound---"Pootishhhhh" Chug a Lug.

All's well Chicky Babe!

Bally and friends

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I drank 2 or 3 small cans of beer on Friday, No alcohol at all on Saturday. So now it is Sunday and i have been cleaning up my apartment like a madman!
To make this more comfortable to live in.

Coffee break. (Night, does coffee and sugar count as "black coffee"? that is what i meant earlier, not only coffee and nothing else. I put a little bit of sugar in mine, it gives more energy that way and possible bitterness is gone from the taste.)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I would say yes, it's still black coffee.

proud of you for not having any alcohol on Saturday!

I was up way too early this morning and not fully awake yet. Maybe I'll nap soon. Lol

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Never heard of Shroom beer until you last mentioned it. Does that artwork on the can have any special meaning?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm not sure I would like shroom beer but would try it.

I spotted one of our 6" inch tall kittens devouring a death cap mushroom two evenings ago about 10 O clock. He had it upside down and had done eaten all the fins out of it and the outer edges of the cap. I'm like Oh! There's a new one on me, never seen a cat eating a death cap mushroom, hope you know what your doing little guy. So yesterday he was fine but this morning he was the only cat that didn't come flying to breakfast. Instead he lay stomach down with his nose into the side walk. I sprinkled food near by and he got up and stumbled over to the food trying to focus on it as he rocks gently back and forth. He looked at the food a moment and then staggered off.
I'm not sure hell make it through the day.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

Hiya Trucker! How have you been?

Oh no, poor kitten!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Hi Night! m doing fine!
Yep kitty is trpping. Hope he makes it. If he doesnt 3 more will soon take his place.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Never heard of Shroom beer until you last mentioned it. Does that artwork on the can have any special meaning?

About Shroom Beer

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trucker1

I spotted one of our 6" inch tall kittens devouring a death cap mushroom two evenings ago about 10 O clock....I'm not sure hell make it through the day.

Sorry I am shedding my polite shirt. A vet could do the job. But it is probably too late now.
Artical from vetinary source. /www.cathealth.com
The most common mushrooms to cause death in humans and pets contain Amanitin toxins. This includes members of the Amanita family like the Death Cap and the Destroying Angel. Other mushrooms containing Amanitins belong to the Galerina and Lepiota families.
Cats that eat mushrooms containing Amanitin develop vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, excessive tearing, and eventually liver damage. Two troubling aspects to poisoning with this type of mushroom are that signs of illness often do not develop until 6 to 24 hours after ingestion and that there is often a period of time after the initial GI signs have resolved where the cat seems to be doing better. This is not the case, though, as liver failure is developing, and can become irreversible if it isn't caught and aggressively treated. This is one of the reasons it is important to take mushroom ingestion and identification seriously.

edit on 21-7-2019 by WalkInSilence because: because i can

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Well whadaya know, Wisconsin didn't hog all the thunderstorms for once. Thanks for finally sharing, WiS!

This is the sacrifice I made for you Nyiah.

Usually I go to the neighbors basement with the dogs. But I chose to stay up stairs with him, until his son returned from work, because he refused to go in the basement even though the other neighbors offered to help.
I don't argue with a 96 year old who is fully aware. "Heck I can go now" he growled.
So after removing anything edible for the dogs, they eat everything with food residue, spilling a "pee bucket" YES !!! that I thought was a snuff spit bucket, making him put on the weather channel, finding a pillow and a blanket the size of small bath towel; I ventured to get some rest.
The dogs are on a leash and the television blasting.
Finally at 11:30 pm the son comes home, mind you I get up at 3:30 am, we wander out into a deluge and a lightning storm, with out a thank you.

We had a really nice bunch roll through last night/overnight, lightning and thunder and rain and high winds.
Next time I will speak to "The powers that Be" you can have it. I have no death wish, being impaled by "flying monkeys" is not my source of thrill seeking. And I worry terribly for the critters.

I did get pelted with pinecones blown out of the trees …. Dance, woman, DANCE!"
Now that made me laugh. Was it Jack Pine or Norway Spruce? Jack would be like gun shot and spruce would stick to you.

Hail to you girl, I love your writeing.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

How are you?
I like the sloth, it is never in a hurry but always on time.
I have a lot of catching up to do.
Hugs around abound.
edit on 21-7-2019 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I have been known to ninja fling forks into the eyes of those who left me a messy Kitchen to clean up.

Never tried that, but when "breaking in" the rookies at sea, the old timers would "fork" them if they reached over. "One must politely ask for food to pass"

A messy kitchen is a bit of a trigger for a day of depression for me.

Perhaps I should have tried the "fork fling", it would have been fun, they did obey though. Lumpy gravy, half cooked potatoes and hot water was enough punishment.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just popping in to say "Hello and Bon Nuit"
It is good to be home. So very good.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I'll stick to the beer we have in the Shed...it's free. And... the pixies drink with a sprinkling of magic dust is trippy enough for me.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join