It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 175
<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ooops, got busy with things and didn't even say hello today. How very rude of me.

Hello Everyone!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Sinterklaas is the person.

Link

Technically the day is the feast of Sinterklaas. I think. I am not Dutch. Hopefully wiki will help.
edit on 9/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Where is your homeland?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

England, many moons ago. I was 22 when I moved to the Netherlands. (I'm almost 49 now.)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

My wife, true love, has Dutch heritage. Both her mother and father speak dutch and of course English. With them came their own parents. Sadly the grandparents have passed away. They were wonderful homely people and taught me a lot about dutch cooking.

True love's mum and dad live south of us in New South Wales and as far as I can recall all of them celebrated xmas with sinterklaas and that recently banned 'Black Pete' with his coal sack, as the helper.

Her parents are as Aussie as they come and both serve in the rural fire brigades. When we celebrate New Years infrequently together I dress up in Vrouw clothing complete with clogs and cook Oliebollen. Then serve Rollmops and pickled herrings followed by drinking a swag of Grolsch. I need to get changed before too much drinking else I might get molested.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Today I will return to Thai kickboxing class for another try. I took one class about a year ago, but was so embarrassed of my inflexibility and poor balance I didn't return. Instead, I signed up for private training sessions and have spent the intervening time learning fundamental skills, gaining range of motion, building strength, and increasing flexibility.

Thai kickboxing is yet another example of how slow I am. It seems like everything takes me forever and the world goes too fast. It would be disingenuous for me to put on airs like it doesn't get me down - it does! and sometimes, it gets me down a lot. Thank god for my inherited stubbornness.

Now, breakfast. First things first.
edit on 12/10/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It seems like everything takes me forever and the world goes too fast.

I hear ya!

Good luck on the kickboxing!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Leaving in a little while to go with Mark to an appointment of his.

Wishing you all a wonderful day with love.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well, throwing kicks didn't make me lose my balance and fall this time. It's baby steps but I consider it a success.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Good on you mate. Find it difficult to walk up stairs nowadays let alone kick. Gone are those flexible days. Keep it up.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Did you have a career that was hard on your body?

Thank you for your encouraging words.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yes I did for many years including fitness and self defense training for recruits later in life. But it was fun.

Bally

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Now I vaguely remember that you were in...the military?...from your "no wukkers" anecdote.

I am getting serious about exercise late in life, I'd say. I don't put on a lot of muscle, and what I do put on is very slow. So, everytime I'd try getting into working out in the past I'd become discouraged very quickly because I didn't see big rippling muscles, and give up. It was always embarrassing to go to the gym.

But I've been pretty steady with it now for a couple of years. This time around it's fun. Plus, I'm old enough now that I can appreciate the simple satisfaction of seeing gains in functional strength. To hell with big rippling muscles!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Good on you mate. Find it difficult to walk up stairs nowadays let alone kick. Gone are those flexible days. Keep it up.

Kind regards,

Bally

I hear ya Bally!

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Now I vaguely remember that you were in...the military?...from your "no wukkers" anecdote.

I am getting serious about exercise late in life, I'd say. I don't put on a lot of muscle, and what I do put on is very slow. So, everytime I'd try getting into working out in the past I'd become discouraged very quickly because I didn't see big rippling muscles, and give up. It was always embarrassing to go to the gym.

But I've been pretty steady with it now for a couple of years. This time around it's fun. Plus, I'm old enough now that I can appreciate the simple satisfaction of seeing gains in functional strength. To hell with big rippling muscles!

I did military (navy, if you call that military) for a decade (A/Carrier and all) then a lot of time up until retirement as a Leo. Spent many years with truey in central Australia and some years as a trainer. What ever I learnt I retained. My interest.

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: bally001

Kind regards,

Bally

I hear ya Bally!

Funny how it hits you all of the sudden. Used to love using the big chainsaw. Don't look forward to it now. Dislike splitting wood by hand. Mending fences and putting in new posts now seems like a chore. It's not just physical it's willingness. Feel I can't operate in this heat. Even 'truey' gets dizzy after a while. (That's not like her).

Spent today indoors cleaning walls and putting up family pics that were saved..

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Hi Bally!
My Dad was a navy man.

Make sure you and True Love stay hydrated and do as little as possible. While you are having a heat wave, we are getting snow and it's cold. I'll take the cold over the heat any day.

Kya kitty decided that getting up early this morning was a good idea. He kept nudging my head and was all lovey dovey. So here I am awake...sort of.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Missing Fin. Anyone heard from him?

Always like to chat with Fin.

Bally

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I'm missing Fin too and others.

top topics

<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>