It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Been doing paperwork today and trying to battle my nerves over tomorrow's neurologist appointment.

I have no real reason to worry but when it comes to doctor appointments I always do anyway.

BTW, in the world of weirdness at 12:12 am tomorrow on 12/12 the full moon begins.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I've got some good vibes with your name on 'em. Hope your Dr. appt. goes well.

I've been feeling a bit frazzled. Must be the moon.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Thank you, that helps make my night easier.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Been doing paperwork today and trying to battle my nerves over tomorrow's neurologist appointment.

I have no real reason to worry but when it comes to doctor appointments I always do anyway.

BTW, in the world of weirdness at 12:12 am tomorrow on 12/12 the full moon begins.

Will have to look for this. The moon on our side is blood red reflecting the bush fires, smoke etc. Interesting to say the least.

Hand held phone doesn't do it justice.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Nice clean laundry against the back drop.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Hello Gentlemen!

Hugs for everyone!

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Whew, I wish I had used time travel. I am a mess, covered in pixy dust, tinsels, Halloween candy, donuts, fragments of very old stories and poems, dragon soot, laughter tears and well wishes.
Did a little paleontological digging in search of "The Good O'l Days"
This popped up from Martin who always knew how to cheer us with a fresh morning brew.

And then after a long tedious but rewarding search I hit gold.

Posted the first time December 8 2016 10:53
In The Shed 12 p. 143
Almost three years to the day.

OK THEN!

Christmas Eve it IS!!! LOL

JUST KIDDING and Without Further ado...
May I present Errollorre and Gordi (G&T) assisted by numerous shedizens in;

Christmas in The Shedlands

And THEN this made by the elven queen herself.
"Christmas In The Shedlands By Gordi The Drummer and Errollorre" Can't linky, sorry gotta find it your self.

edit on 12-12-2019 by WalkInSilence because: merry xmas

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Awwww, Wis, thank you so much for bringing cheer and past memories to us! By now, Gordi and Tom probably would have been working on a Christmas collaboration or separate pieces. There is still hope. I hope Martin and all our older members are doing ok. I miss everyone so very much.

So happy that you stopped in today and I hope we see more of you soon.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
All throughout the Shedlands the magical beings and creatures worked together decorating the forest. The faeries dressed in red and green, gathered garland and flew around each tree to cover branches. The animals hung ornaments handmade by the Sheddites. Dragons hung lights. It is a festive joyous day. A light snow begins to fall while Sheddites are snuggled by the fireplace listening to music and sipping hot cocoa and pixie drinks.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You know, I was curious about Gordi recently. I remember that he abdicated the story contest but I haven't seen him around. Hope he's doing alright.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Good to see you WIS, I hope life has been treating you well. If not then Carpe Jugulum. (Latin for "Seize the throat." Also a book by by the late, great Terry Pratchett.)

edit on 12/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I may have asked this before so forgive me if I repeat myself but it's a question I also asked eriktheawful as he also has a few acres of his own land in Alabama if I remember rightly. Are you allowed to do anything you want on your property? Fish, hunt, grow produce regulated in some countries such as food or (as in the UK) tobacco? It's weird how some countries prohibit activities on personal property.

In the UK for example, if you grow tobacco in your garden for personal use, you are legally obligated to pay duty for any tobacco grown. I doubt many people grow tobacco in the UK because the climate is not ideal and I doubt they willingly pay taxes for it but it is "The Law."

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Shameless plug.

A Journey To The End of Time

No flags, no stars, just watch when you have time. 30 minutes and a thousand trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion years. Or more.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I may have asked this before so forgive me if I repeat myself but it's a question I also asked eriktheawful as he also has a few acres of his own land in Alabama if I remember rightly. Are you allowed to do anything you want on your property? Fish, hunt, grow produce regulated in some countries such as food or (as in the UK) tobacco? It's weird how some countries prohibit activities on personal property.

In the UK for example, if you grow tobacco in your garden for personal use, you are legally obligated to pay duty for any tobacco grown. I doubt many people grow tobacco in the UK because the climate is not ideal and I doubt they willingly pay taxes for it but it is "The Law."

Well, all I can answer is yes, I can do whatever I want as long as it's lawful. Native Animals are protected so hunting is pretty well out of the question. I can grow as much produce as I like but presently in drought so I have scrapped that idea. Still getting enough eggs and generally when I'm getting too many I give them away. You really can't sell eggs off the property but that doesn't worry me. I had a dam stocked with fish so I could go fishing in the front yard so to speak but elsewhere you need to be licensed. The dam was almost pumped dry during the fire so I'm not expecting much in that pursuit.

I did grow tobacco. Permitted for own use. Again I need to keep up the water and the plants don't like too much stress from the dry heat. Everything I used to grow is pretty much dead except for a few hardy herb plants and some of the citrus trees. I am waiting for some insurance so I can replaced melted agriculture pipes and fittings. But this will also require water in the dams to utilize it in the garden.

So, in essence I figure we're better off than most and enjoy the selection we're on. We are pretty free to do what our needs require.

Hope this answers your questions.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Holy moly my shins are messed up! I did some kicking drills with a giant today in kickboxing. Fellow towered over me by probably 9 inches and outweighed me by no fewer than 100 lbs. Taken in stride. I'm just happy I didn't get frustrated and quit.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
Holy moly my shins are messed up! I did some kicking drills with a giant today in kickboxing. Fellow towered over me by probably 9 inches and outweighed me by no fewer than 100 lbs. Taken in stride. I'm just happy I didn't get frustrated and quit.

Holy Moly mate! Maybe work on a strategy just to get him to fall. The old saying, "The taller you are, the harder you fall." A tactic that worked for me several times was just offer a smoke otherwise I'd win fights against bigger opponents by about 100 meters.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Oops I starred it reflexively. I would take it back if I could. But i will watch it.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

One thing I heard on television (Malcolm in the Middle, if you've heard of it) is "remember son, crazy beats big, every time." I feel like I have an extensive reservoir of crazy I could tap into. I just need to produce it on demand and I'll be golden. It seems to only come out when it's least appropriate.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

One thing I heard on television (Malcolm in the Middle, if you've heard of it) is "remember son, crazy beats big, every time." I feel like I have an extensive reservoir of crazy I could tap into. I just need to produce it on demand and I'll be golden. It seems to only come out when it's least appropriate.

Hahaha. Reminds me of this.

Bally

new topics

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join