It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Catholic Church allow the faithful to have too many kids?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I know some conservative Catholic families who have more than 10 kids. They barely feed them, certainly not having enough time to give them proper instruction and culture, or simply to sit and talk with them for their problems. The Sunday school and the family prayer remain the only tools of home education, besides the constant threat and also actual punishment.

At 16 the grown up kids already hate Everything they have been taught of, and eagerly await 18 to flee the family.

Is that all about, to give birth to a dozen of kids and throw them on the street at 18, without any family support? Providing those parents have had strong family support in their young adult years. I wouldn't call that a Catholic family teaching.

Should the Catholic Church officially forbid the Catholics to have too many children? There are natural planning methods that do not involve any contraceptives.

I remember the words of pope Francis who said, we should not multiply like rabbits.

Indeed, at 7 bln world population and counting, with all problems coming with that from feeding to global warming to the very real perspective we all die due to human made reasons, we should think about the consequences of our unregulated family sexual relations. Not everything that is not a sin should be done. Or may be after all, it is a sin to have too much sex with the purpose of unregulated procreation?

Virgin Mary, who is usual the model for the conservative catholic families, had only one son, Jesus. St John the baptist was also the only son of his mother. Let not put in the mouth of Jesus words that He never ever said. He never said the Christians should multiply at that rate. Moreover, back then many babies died at birth or early, while today most of them are saved.

If we want to fight abortion successfully, there should be at the same time reasonable borders for those families who really do not get the sexual issues right. They cannot just keep doing sex and pregnancy, while they fight "for life". They should and could restrict themselves naturally. Nobody can bear the burden they create not only to themselves and their kids who grown up are thrown out without perspective. Because all debate is to allow or to forbid abortion. It should be put vice versus, to restrict the unlimited pregnancy without doing abortion.
edit on 25-6-2019 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

What's the church doing in the bedroom ffs?

Is the Priest the Daddy??? 😜

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
I know some conservative Catholic families who have more than 10 kids. They barely feed them, certainly not having enough time to give them proper instruction and culture, or simply to sit and talk with them for their problems. The Sunday school and the family prayer remain the only tools of home education, besides the constant threat and also actual punishment.

At 16 the grown up kids already hate Everything they have been taught of, and eagerly await 18 to flee the family.

Is that all about, to give birth to a dozen of kids and throw them on the street at 18, without any family support? Providing those parents have had strong family support in their young adult years. I wouldn't call that a Catholic family teaching.

Should the Catholic Church officially forbid the Catholics to have too many children? There are natural planning methods that do not involve any contraceptives.

I remember the words of pope Francis who said, we should not multiply like rabbits.

Indeed, at 7 bln world population and counting, with all problems coming with that from feeding to global warming to the very real perspective we all die due to human made reasons, we should think about the consequences of our unregulated family sexual relations. Not everything that is not a sin should be done. Or may be after all, it is a sin to have too much sex with the purpose of unregulated procreation?

Virgin Mary, who is usual the model for the conservative catholic families, had only one son, Jesus. St John the baptist was also the only son of his mother. Let not put in the mouth of Jesus words that He never ever said. He never said the Christians should multiply at the rate. Moreover, back then many babies died at birth or early, while today most of them are saved.

The Church is WHY they have so many kids, if they are the type that forbid contraceptions. Regardless, they need to leave these mind control religions and search for the real truth, which is EVERYWHERE.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

? I dont think anyone who can not afford to raise children should be allowed to have any amount. But at the same time I really hate government stepping in and telling people what they can or cant do if its not hurting anyone else. Now, when the church trys stepping in, do what they say or find a new church, that's something you can control.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

the Catholic Church has the moral power and those people I am talking about listen to its instructions. Unfortunately, they get it all wrong. Not to make abortion, doesn't mean every 9 months to make pregnancy.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Should the Baptists ?
Lutherans ?
Protestants ?
Muslims ?
Hindu ?

Pastafarians ?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Virgin Mary, who is usual the model for the conservative catholic families, had only one son, Jesus.

While it is very irresponsible to have more children than you can afford to raise or the time to raise properly, Jesus did have brothers and sisters.

The Gospel of Mark (Mark 6:3) and the Gospel of Matthew (Matthew 13:55-56) mention James, Joseph/Joses, Jude and Simon as brothers of Jesus, the son of Mary. The same verses also mention unnamed sisters of Jesus.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

They barely feed them

So just another attack on Christians? Fasting is a normal part of religion and by dong so they will live longer and probably suffer less too. Many Arabic cultures fast today in the Middle East and remain thin but decent shape. I mean look at all the 400+ pounder beasties running around the world today. Purdy til their 30?

Watch how fast the world became obese

Plus were are you going with this OP? Or is this a Psyop Thread

Muslim growth benefits from the fertility factor because "globally, Muslims have the highest fertility rate, an average of 3.1 children per woman." This is above a replacement level of 2.1 which is "the minimum typically needed to maintain a stable population." Size of youth population.

edit on 25-6-2019 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 25-6-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

In my state we have a population of about 2 million, significantly, 3.5 times larger than Texas significantly
What overpopulation are you talking about
At last count there are over 36 cities with over 2 million people living in them, my state has just over 2 million, what are you talking about over population?

I have met catholic families with heaps of kids who are well looked after and cared for, I don’t believe in Catholicism as a faith or theology, I am not a Catholic apologist.

I think you should stop telling people what to do just like the Vatican should as well

Jesus had brothers, Mary had other children after Jesus, your whole argument is completely spurious and ignorant

Is it equally irresponsible to have open boarders, letting in illegals

Just saying
edit on 25-6-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think the Pope and his Cardinals wish that their parishioners obeyed the rules that they set for them.
I know a lot of Catholics that use contraceptives and have had abortions.

(post by Waterglass removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sooner or later the rational humans will need to step in and begin exterminating belief structures that only end in the destruction of our entire race.

They're turning us into locusts.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The catholic Church is not only a Church of USA and Western Europe. On contrary, the majority of the 1.2 bln Catholics live in very poor countries and conditions. And even in USA and West Europe, the unregulated fertility poses quite many problems, first for those families themselves, but also for the society and the Church. because for example, the Church cannot provide equal education to all kids of a family of 10. So we are talking of ill planned or non planned action. And because those conservative families are first to fight abortion, one gets the impression that fighting abortion is equal to have unlimited pregnancy and that the Catholic Church encourages that. No, it does not.

Again, pope Francis said, we should not multiply like rabbits.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I don’t care what pope Francis said, he is no one to me.
Do any Catholics listen to the no contraception rule, maybe a few but I don’t know many
Any stats, I would be keen to see something

China is atheist, huge population, India isn’t Catholic, what are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Catholics aren't the only ones doing this.

The Duggars are a notable Baptist family with 19 kids. Why did you single out the Catholic Church?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

The Duggars are a notable Baptist family with 19 kids. Why did you single out the Catholic Church?

Because Baptist’s allow contraception, it’s not against their faith.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

At one time, Michelle Duggar was on the pill and stopped using it after she got pregnant anyway and miscarried.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Moral power eh?

Shame they seem to missing the high ground.

The reason they all get it wrong is because they assume they are right to begin with.

Well them or there God, which amounts to the same thing.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
fundamentalists like the duggars and their ilk do NOT use any birth control, well michelle did at first she gave birth to her first baby a son and went back on the pill and got pregnant and had a miscarriage, she blamed it on the pills and they decided to "leave it up to God" to how many children they have......They have a tv show and have money now but the early years they were very poor and lived in a 3 bedroom house with a whole passel of kids....

following Gothard and Quiverfull they are worst than the Catholics, these families have baby after baby and the girls start early and raise the ypunger ones, anyone see when these duggar girls started to get married and leave , the ones they raised were devastated.

they do blanket training which is abuse and several children died, they claim it is disipline but the way mr Pearl wrote that book is physical abuse.

many of these families are so poor and the mothers are overwhelmed, they are so exhausted thats why they came up with the buddy system for the girls to raise the younger siblings

there was a story of one of these families, the mom was overwhelmed, turned out she had breast cancer...she THANKED GOD FOR GIVING HER BREAST CANCER, because FINALLY
someone had to help with the children and the chores and the house...THAT is SOOOOOOOO heartbreaking.

this is so much worse than the catholic church
edit on 25-6-2019 by research100 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join