It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the US human traffic this Migrants child?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Tug-of-Love: Immigrant Mom Loses Effort to Regain Son Given to US Parents

abcnews.go.com... VYVYsrWB3Gl5TRWQ

I do not believe that illegal immigrant should be able to stay here. Yes this woman broke the law, she should be sent back. I 100% believe she should be sent back with her kid.
The judge said the mother had no rights to her child and allowed
a US couple to adopt the kid and change his name. Something doesn't seem right about this.

If we don't want illegals here fine, but let's not separate parents and children. Send them both back.

There is a deeper story here too. This woman was arrested at a chicken processing plant in Missouri.
What fines did that plant receive? Why wasn't that companies name put in the public eye, that they hire illegals??
That is the true cure to many of these problems.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Melinda and Seth Moser, who took him into their home five years ago while his mother was in federal custody, where she attempted in vain to oppose the adoption proceedings

Seems the case isn't that cut and dried , the child was a baby when the couple took him in so all he's known is them.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The kid in question is five years old and has been living with its adoptive parents for five years.
Removing the kid from the only parents it has ever known is extremely cruel.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The kid in question is five years old and has been living with its adoptive parents for five years.

Cruel is taking him away from his real mom, who never wanted to give him up.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Seems the case isn't that cut and dried , the child was a baby when the couple took him in so all he's known is them.

We have to look back on history and see how poorly this has worked out in the past.
Americans separating, adopting and "reforming" Indigenous people, Americans separating, adopting and "reforming" slave children. The intention is always good, oh this poor child will have a much better more civilized life by doing this.
We know that isn't the case. Children are almost always better off with their mother especially a loving one that wants them, even in poverty.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Then she should have stayed in Guatemala instead of breaking the law.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Cruel is taking him away from his real mom, who never wanted to give him up.

Cruel is taking a baby across an international border knowing it is illegal and there will be repercussions.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Two wrongs don't make a right. I think most people can agree she shouldn't have come here, so send her back to her country with her child. There are MANY MANY MANY American children that need homes, why must these people have her child?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

From the source.

The biological mother was arrested in 2007 on an immigration raid at a chicken processing plant in Missouri and has not seen her son since.

He would be much older than 5. 12 to 13.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

US law makes it very hard to adopt an American child that is not a blood relative.

I have some friends that went through the process and it took years, and you better hope some blood relative doesn't say I want the child because that can torpedo everything no matter how far along the process is.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Two wrongs don't make a right. I think most people can agree she shouldn't have come here, so send her back to her country with her child. There are MANY MANY MANY American children that need homes, why must these people have her child?

I agree to a certain extent. Trump has given the Legislative Branch a chance to fix the system. I don't think they will fix it, but rather cry about what Trump does after they don't fix it.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

The article is worded kinka weird.
So is he 10?

Either way.
Maybe ask the kid what he thinks.
His opinion should matter.
edit on 24-6-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The article is worded kinkade weird.
So is he 10?

Either way.

It would be interesting to see what the kid says.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Children are almost always better off with their mother especially a loving one that wants them, even in poverty.

I agree , almost always.
I think it would be harsh to take a child away from the only family he's known to give him to a woman who who got herself locked up while having a baby to look after.

The question that should be asked is why was her immigration status not discovered when she was in federal custody and contesting the adoption.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The article is worded kinkade weird.
So is he 10?

Either way.

I'd be interested in what the kid says at 18 or 20 years old. When he is old enough to really digest the situation.
Maybe ask him after he has a kid of his own, and reality sinks in. My guess is that he will try to contact and reunite with his biological mother. He is going to have some resentment to his adoptive parents. Sure he will also have love for them, but there will be resentment too.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Never wanted to but did....
The child has spent 5 years with another family. It was better for the child when she was IN america but its not good enough for the child now that she goes back? F*****ck that I call, bull#.
edit on 24-6-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Let her keep in contact.
No problem with that.

But the way I understand it, immigration is based on people looking for better lives for themselves and their families. The adoptive parents will absolutely be able to give her son a better life than she is capable of doing.

Sucks for her but are we worried more about her or the kid?
I'll take the kids welfare every time.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Let her keep in contact.
No problem with that.

But the way I understand it, immigration is based on people looking for better lives for themselves and their families. The adoptive parents will absolutely be able to give her son a better life than she is capable of doing.

Sucks for her but are we worried more about her or the kid?
I'll take the kids welfare every time.

Do you really believe the adoptive parents will let him keep contact??? Hhahaha the first thing they did was change his name!!

I'm not worried about her or the kid, they both should be sent back period.

Someone mentioned on here the American adoption system almost always allows biological parents to get rights back.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm why is that... why is that........

That is eXactly why these parents wanted him.... Like I said, human trafficking...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

US law makes it very hard to adopt an American child that is not a blood relative.

I have some friends that went through the process and it took years, and you better hope some blood relative doesn't say I want the child because that can torpedo everything no matter how far along the process is.

This story start quite a while ago, I think 2012, but was in my newsfeed today.
From what I've read it appears that the adoptive parents might even be divorced now!!

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I really don't care if they let her keep in contact.
They have no legal obligation.

And like I said earlier, she should have stayed in Guatemala.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join