It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Millions of Illegal Aliens Will Be Deported - Cities Warn Them and Will Resist ICE.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I just had a brief conversation with a couple who came here legally from India. They support getting rid of people who broke the law by circumventing the system and coming here illegally.

My wife is a first generation immigrant from Asia who came here legally. She is voting Trump. Her sister is a 1st generation immigrant who came here illegally. She is now legal. She has children now and her entire perspective on coming to America has changed living in CA. She is voting Trump. Both of them are in favor of illegals being deported.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: carewemust

I completely agree with you here.

As rare as that is. And I respect that.
Thank you CWM for knowing the law.

Actually it's somewhat of a gray area it looks like. I don't know why the Supreme Court doesn't take up this immigration deportation issue like they do with cake bakers and gay couples.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Cities just casually committing treason. Nothing to see here

The Department of Justice tried to put a stop to the sanctuary City movement, but a federal judge overruled the doj. I think the Supreme Court should settle the matter once and for all.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The real questions are these two, what about states who actively thwart the federal government on immigration enforcement, and if states choose to not assist in federal immigration does the federal government still have to give them money for immigration matters?

If they choose not to participate then should they not also be choosing to forfeit those dollars, since they are not participating?

If they do more than simply inaction, and they do take action against federal authorities doing their Constitutional duty are they not then breaking the law?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The same judges that keep ruling against Trump even though they are clearly in the wrong. Judicial activism is a truly scary thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

They paid their dues and learned how America was designed and is supposed to operate.

Democrats think it's okay for someone to go to the front of the line at an amusement park, bypassing all the people who've been waiting for an hour.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

My wife waited 8 years to come here legally. Her sister came illegally and was here within 2 months of deciding she was going to.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I wonder how many federal judges are there in America? President Trump has filled over 200 seats I believe, with Mitch McConnell's help at forcing them through Democrat roadblocks in the Senate.
edit on 6/22/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Well I don’t believe the government should have any say in what you just said but to each themselves. But in regards to illegal immigration I would imagine somehow money is being made and that is the reason why the Supreme Court has not made a official ruling on it. If they had I would not be up in arms about the issue.
And I really want other users to know that I am against illegal immigration but I will voice my support for what the constitution says.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Look at the two questions I posed a few posts up, what are your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

EDUCATE US

I just did now go look it up for yourself.

I probably wont.

Then that is on you.
Good to know that you didn’t read the Constitution nor the amendments made as that would explain your complete arrogance to it.

Feel any better after that?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Your wife must have told her sister How Great America is, and she did not want to wait.

That is one of the things driving the large number of immigrants at this moment illegal and legal. I see people at the currency exchange sending money to Mexico and other Central American countries all the time.
edit on 6/22/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You're hinging this on the 10th Amendment?

Then you'd be okay if the federal government withheld all funds to any "rogue" state?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Lol you expect logic.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The real questions are these two, what about states who actively thwart the federal government on immigration enforcement, and if states choose to not assist in federal immigration does the federal government still have to give them money for immigration matters?

If they choose not to participate then should they not also be choosing to forfeit those dollars, since they are not participating?

If they do more than simply inaction, and they do take action against federal authorities doing their Constitutional duty are they not then breaking the law?

The state can choose not to assist and dependent of the matter can resist. In regards to illegal immigration I am not sure sure if they can actively resist. But they sure as hell not help. And yes the fed can and most likely will not give funding to the state. But if the fed where to do so.......well that is a whole poop show that none of us want to be part of. And that is most likely why we don’t see any real show down between the fed and states. And most likely why Trump just called off the raids.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
President Trump announced a couple of hours ago that the deportation order is on hold for two weeks, pending results of Republicans and Democrats working together to fix this problem.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You're hinging this on the 10th Amendment?

Then you'd be okay if the federal government withheld all funds to any "rogue" state?

It’s the state vs the gubment. Out of my control but constitutionally within the rights of both the state and government.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Trump is now tweeting that he's delaying the deportations.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump At the request of Democrats, I have delayed the Illegal Immigration Removal Process (Deportation) for two weeks to see if the Democrats and Republicans can get together and work out a solution to the Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border. If not, Deportations start!

This is not good. The Dems still won't get agree to anything meaningful, and meanwhile thousands of illegals are pouring in sucking up our resources.

They need to be deported before the next election. Democrats are trying to cheat their way in using illegal's votes and it getting closer to being a reality if we don't start deporting them now.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Lol you expect logic.

I am only using fact there bud. Did you not go and read the information I gave you? If you had you see that I am correct.
Go educate yourself

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Seems we agree. States can not help, but they can not actively resist. Government should be able to withhold funding related to immigration matters to States that do not act.

States can not and should not be forced to assist.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join