It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measles, Back in the Days Before the Marketing of the Vaccine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Back when my kids were young even though they both had all scheduled rounds and boosters of the measles vaccine they still both caught the measles. Guess what? They lived! The hardest part of the illness is keeping them in bed, other than that pretty much like any other virus except for the rash. Apparently they were in the small percentage of kids for whom the vaccines did not produce immunities in their bodies.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Back when my kids were young even though they both had all scheduled rounds and boosters of the measles vaccine they still both caught the measles. Guess what? They lived!

Yay! And now they also have genuine lifelong immunity -- double yay!!!

The hardest part of the illness is keeping them in bed, other than that pretty much like any other virus except for the rash. Apparently they were in the small percentage of kids for whom the vaccines did not produce immunities in their bodies.

I'll bet it was quite the surprise for you at the time. Or maybe not. I only learned relatively recently that this was possible. But I guess it's to be expected. There's an exception to every rule.

My kids developed measles after vaccination. It was a pretty mild case for both of them. But the county sure was freaking out! Our doctor kept telling them that he had just been vaccinated the previous week, so it was no doubt a reaction to the vaccine. And my daughter apparently caught it from my son. My son wasn't in school yet, nor in daycare, so there was no real chance of him giving it to anyone else... I can only imagine the reaction if he had been in school! Probably full blown panic.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

What exactly is the anti-vax crowds MO against vaccines?

Fear mongering.

Classy.

Natural news eh?

Double classy!

edit on 20/6/19 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

What exactly is the anti-vax crowds MO against vaccines? Fear mongering.

Fair enough. I guess that makes this OP the opposite, right? It is actually alleviating fears and injecting (haha! pun intended) some common sense and moderation into the toxic vax fight.

Classy.

Thank you!

Natural news eh?

Yup -- as noted. Of course, I didn't have to mention that's where I found it first. I could have just posted the YouTube video on its own, since the video was produced and posted independent of Natural News. But in the interest of full disclosure, I did so.

Double classy!

Double thank you!

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Fools
I had measles as an infant. The doc said, never ever let this child get a measles vaccination - he could die. Went into the USN and told the shot doc the same, he said, "don't care you are getting it anyway." Obviously I lived.

Interesting... I wonder if it has anything to do with new vaccines being developed. Perhaps the difference between a live vaccine and an inactive vaccine?

Maybe someone knows and will chime in and tell us.

I have no idea, my thoughts at the time was that the USN was all, "you do as your told". Possibly not like that these days.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I was surprised, but our old Chinese doctor (whom we all loved dearly) acted like it was no big deal so I didn't panic. I did call the school to let them know but apparently they already knew as it was making the rounds- they weren't freaking out about it. I'm sure it would be a lot different now though!

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I was surprised, but our old Chinese doctor (whom we all loved dearly) acted like it was no big deal so I didn't panic. I did call the school to let them know but apparently they already knew as it was making the rounds- they weren't freaking out about it. I'm sure it would be a lot different now though!

It probably would be very different today! If I remember correctly, it was about the time they started boasting about reducing or eliminating measles altogether in the county... so my son kinda threw a wrench in that.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
instead of the vile historical revisionism of anti vaxx cultists - lets have the facts of measles :

source

Whereas 19th century parents' experiences with measles and other potentially fatal diseases often motivated them to take aggressive action against infectious disease, parents in the late 20th century who lacked these experiences have been less likely to see vaccination as crucial for the health of their child. ...................

Between 1900 and 1910, an average of 774 deaths from measles occurred each year. .........................

Just two years before the measles epidemic that shook the state of Connecticut in 1904, The New York Times had informed its readers that "statistics show that in children under two years of age, the mortality from measles equals 20 per cent, and under five, equals 12 per cent." Measles killed at a higher percentage rate than whooping cough and scarlet fever, two other "childhood" diseases that were commonly viewed as more dangerous than measles.

with no cure or treatment [ beyond attempts to maintain care - quarrantine was the answer to measles [ and other infectios desieses

In 1904 C. A. Lindsley, the secretary of the Connecticut State Board of Health, complained that "measles is still prevailing in an epidemic form in too many towns in the state." Measles epidemics could, Lindsley insisted, be arrested if quarantines were simply enforced across the state. Unfortunately, "a remarkable and strange misunderstanding" of the state's quarantine regulations had led many health officers to mandate that only the primary or first case of measles in a community be quarantined. As a result, epidemics were spiraling out of control across the state.

so go shove your anti vaxx propaganda up your arse

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
and a few published papers [ via google scholar - pre 1960 ]

one

^ a dry read - but measles was NOT begnign - people died

source 2

^ how not to respond to measiles [ fiji version ] - guess what - people died

i could go on - but the facts are clear

stop peddling anti vaxx idiocy

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I had contracted the mumps, chicken pox and measles as a kid. Measles was the most mild disease compared to the other two. All three were a cake walk compared to other infections that could have killed me with high fevers and other complications.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Congratulations! You posted the obvious!!!

Before antibiotics were developed and before nutrition was understood and encouraged, yes, many diseases were fatal. And infections were even worse. I'll bet more women died in childbirth or as a result of complications than measles. Life expectancy for everyone was pretty much crap because of that.

The circumstances are not the same today. Better medicine, better nutrition, better general health, better sanitation practices... many things have led to greater life expectancies, including for measles prognoses.

Nowhere did I suggest that people should not be vaccinated. But the vaccinations -- even with the booster -- are not 100%, and that many of the measles patients have been vaccinated. And it didn't work. So people are still going to get the measles. Herd immunity is not 100% and never can be so it never will be. And like it or not, people have a right to know that it's not an automatic death sentence, and the vast majority of time there are no adverse complications.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I don't remember having the mumps, I guess I was pretty little, but apparently we did. I know my older brother really hated the mumps!

I didn't like the chicken pox. That was too itchy. But that's the only one I remember being miserable. My sister-in-law didn't have them as a child and got shingles as an adult... I really felt for her. Shingles are even worse -- way worse.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
oh joy - another thread of the usual anti vaxxer bollox

you want to discuss fear - lets start with why idiots are affraid of vaccines

I am not an idiot and I am not afraid of vaccines or PUS.
I just don’t believe that an injection of PUS into my body could be helpful, ever.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

What exactly is the anti-vax crowds MO against vaccines?

“My” MO against vaccines is very simple. I do not believe in using PUS as a health aid.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CupcakeKarma

that answer demonstrates that you are an idiot

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: CupcakeKarma

that answer demonstrates that you are an idiot

That was neither necessary nor appropriate and you know it. And if you could actually prove what you want to believe, you wouldn't need to resort to petty and churlish insults. You'd have the facts. But you don't, because the whole truth is impossible to know thanks to secret vaccine courts and nondisclosure agreements and non-disparagement clauses and on and on.

And we all know that -- even if you refuse to admit it.

But keep it up. Show the whole world what petty bullying tyrants the Vax Authoritarians are with absolutely no respect for our absolute and inalienable right to personal autonomy over our own bodies, and no concern for those harmed by vaccines. Show the whole damn world.

Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

it was both nessecary and appropriate - and the politest response i could muster

even by the already intullectualy vacant standards of anti vaxx loons " injections of pus " is a new low in retarded dribbling

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

congratulations - you moved the goal posts - thats sly

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I did not move goalposts... If anyone did, you did -- or tried to -- by using century old statistics and conditions as if they in any way equated with the time period of the OP or today.

Nevertheless, be as insulting and churlish as you wish, but I won't play. Your words will stand on their own.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

utter bllox

remind me - when did rhoal dahls daughter die [ the on who died of measles comlications - because she did not revieve the vaccine - when her sister [ who lived - did ]

she was not under nourished

she did not have poor sanitation

but she did have measles

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join