It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the writing on the wall.......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Nothing will be done about these faults

Almost like someone is trying to trash the site , one wonders was the site sold back in 2015

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yeah, I have to say, slowest loading site on the Internet. Been going on for a while now.

CONSTANT time-outs. I think it's also the reason for multiple posts.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
wow, You folks were lucky, I was on CompUserv, then transferred to GeoCities, I was ahead of the curve.

the "Timeout" on ATS makes me feel like we (the users) are on a "Time out" for caring. You want $$, yet you wont invest in your investment??

what ever happened to "deny ignorance" did that go out the window in 2016? Same with the sign up. My wife wanted to make an account for herself, but she doesn't use Google, Twitter, Facebook, ect.

is ATS getting too large? seems like when Google and facebook got so large they stopped caring about the "customer", now like with cable TV there is a Mass exodus from the platforms.

So, deny our ignorance,for asking, is it apathy, or old Tech?

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
It’s actually getting worse seems to be longer and I have notice a few times where it happens at other times. It’s not just the down time but there are loads of bugs and bits needing updating.

I feel like this site now runs on autopilot and one day it’s just going to stop.

I swear its getting worse too.

Ive been thinking it has probably been a progression all along.. It absolutely has not always been this way.

If thats the case, Im definitely concerned where its going.. Its already pretty bad. If it starts getting up to 10m or 15m, I think we will be seeing the beginning of the end.

No matter how much we like the site, thats a "gamebreaking bug."

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Mark has moved on, face it.

Someone once asked in response to all the broken bits, does this mean ATS won't be around much longer? He replied "It does."

Time, gentlemen and gentle ladies. Please make sure your tab is closed. Time to put the chairs on the tables.

Only difference is, no one know what time closing actually is, we're just meant to troddle off.. that way it can be "Well the user base went to nothing, no point keeping the site open.." and be free of any neglect.

Don't worry chaps and chapettes, someone will make a facebook group and all the groovy kids will still get to mingle somewhere..
I'll wave from afar, a shadow lurking in a distant realm.. and on some nights, if you listen carefully... you may even hear me neigh...

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This right here

"The answers to date are an insult to the members of this community. "

Simply put but well said......

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
My assessment is that: 1) ATS as a controlled opposition site has declined in value 2) the popularity of ATS dwindles as our kind of content gets mainstreamed 3) economic viability at risk due to new regulations and already widespread demonetizing of social media outlets.

Youngsters think in 140-280 character sound bites. Nobody's coming up to write epic threads like All Roads Lead To Rome, or countless others. Looks like the future points towards reddit or voat. But methinks we've got a few more years of viable ATS left. Enjoy while we can.

ganjoa

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
Mark has moved on, face it.

Someone once asked in response to all the broken bits, does this mean ATS won't be around much longer? He replied "It does."

Why not put the place up for sale , like any business people would , there are plenty rich people on this site maybe a Chinese buyer

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Every time a thread comes up ... we get referred to other threads that also do not answer the question.

Could we please have a technical answer. So many people here could give the admins help ... but they aint looking for help.

It is relatively recent so what has changed.

An answer that says "The CIA need the time to download everything" is an acceptable answer.

The answers to date are an insult to the members of this community.

Thanks MisterSpock, I was going to do this myself but you beat be to it.

P

The CIA? Maybe so. I have no way to verify anything in the below video and it will most likely be removed by mods or get me banned but it's a bit interesting.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Firstly... A/S/L..

Secondly, How do you know I'm in minnesota.....You dirty stalking bastard.

I'm anonymous, I am Neegan....

Well it used to be posted as your location. Then I realized it's been changed to space. Then I edited it hoping you wouldn't notice because it does come off creepy and stalkerish.

But then you noticed, and here I am not making a great case for myself.

LOL BRBR

My location was always posted as space,

Don't pretend like you don't have a stalker notebook with a flowchart for each user here and that you aren't trying to locate all of us.

Keep diggin that hole buddha.

You probably just mentioned it a few times then.

I'll have to check my stalker logs to verify

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
i has an hypothisis to explain it all , a simple question :

where is " skepticoverlord " ??

the abover username has not logged on to ATS since 17 MARCH 2019

bill " MAY " be using the ATS " admin " account to maintain // run the site - while not contribituting as a member for " reasons " that dont concern us

but what if he isnt ?????????????i am not speculating on why he is absent - its none of my business - but fact is he SEEMS to be absent

and this begs the question - who is running the " back end " of ATS

now my possibly flawed understanding of the ATS site = during its start up // expansion - to avoid paying expensive software licences and hiring people - bill [ SO ] wrote a lot [ and i mean a LOT ] of custom code to make cheap and or freeware stuff run ATS perfectly - for a much reduced cost - now ATS has expanded - we are still " stuck " with this legacy " fix " - with a few obvious problems - this is why we have no chat server , a broke messanger app , cannot change usernames etc etc etc etc etc - but problem one is - only bill knows how it works // can fix it [ i say " only " - yes other people COULD but they dont work for ATS and would want paying accordingly

so if bill is absent - is there anyone in the ATS staff line up that can actually fix anything serious ?????????

as i say - this is just my babbling - but if true - it explains everything

adjust your tinfoil hat accordingly

indications are no . we cannot get an actual reason why from current stafferers

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I always see people compain about the timeouts but i don't get the problem. It's every hour from 27-33 or so. Just remember this and leave it be when it starts doing its thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

It's not just timeouts. ATS is a leaky roof and eventually people will stop stepping around all the buckets on the floor.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

nvm

edit on 15-6-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thanks...……….

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I tried to quote your comment but ATS is so buggy just now I couldn’t. It’s not just the time outs, it’s the quote stuff not working, it’s the U2U notifications not working but most off all it’s the lack of communication from site management most members still love the site even with all these bugs but we just want to know what’s going on.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Makes you wonder

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Maybe they're all hopping on the Skinwalker Ranch bandwagon as the next venue of interest/profit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join