It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the writing on the wall.......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Look, mods, this isn't JUST another "whats with the 20 percent hourly downtime of the site" thread.

Someone honestly needs to figure this crap out. I see so many new threads(and I've authored a few) about this backup nonsense.

Fact:
This site generates money by hit/view count of those that are probably either not willing/smart enough to use adblockers

Fact:
More users are being turned off by this 20 percent downtime nonsense

Travel into the future and realize that this problem, if left unaddressed will plummet user interaction/web hits and eventually drive this site down into the dumpster of the internet has beens.

It's not hard to imagine, it's getting old even for the most stalwart users here.

It's not a call to arms, but further ignorance to fix the problem will ultimately render you into AOL irrelevance. And don't cry about it when it happens.

The frequent troll posters here aren't asking for the world on a platter, just a website that operates anywhere within a decade of "current year"

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Also, I understand it's against your TOS, but any mod who isn't a forum admin, please don't lock this thread until one of the actual forum admins sees it and locks it.

It's a tough love situation.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

edit on 15-6-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'm authorized to comment on it.

I seduced so many girls on AOL, I can recognize when a internet outlet has outlasted it's usefullness......

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

And just like AOL, I am compelled to clear my browsing history after visiting ATS for a couple curious hours

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

And just like AOL, I am compelled to clear my browsing history after visiting ATS for a couple curious hours

Wait a minute.....

Did you pretend to be a teenage girl on aol between the years of of 1994 and 1998?

Maybe we've met before......

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Glitchy fan club BBS forums have less regularly scheduled technical hiccups than this place does as of late.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Every time a thread comes up ... we get referred to other threads that also do not answer the question.

Could we please have a technical answer. So many people here could give the admins help ... but they aint looking for help.

It is relatively recent so what has changed.

An answer that says "The CIA need the time to download everything" is an acceptable answer.

The answers to date are an insult to the members of this community.

Thanks MisterSpock, I was going to do this myself but you beat be to it.

P

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Look, i know this post will just get locked when the first mod comes across it, my poor humor aside.

But that's the damn point, keep pluggin your ears and thinking that this won't end how I say it won't.

You(forum owners) don't need to upgrade to the top tier when it comes to this problem, just drag it far enough forward that people don't view it as a big enough problem to constantly bitch about.

It's a genuine critique, if you have any revenue from traffic coming in. IF you are operating at a break even point, or a net loss, the you might as well just dump this whole think into the trash..

I for one, wouldn't blame you on that. Nobody here is worth losing money over(sorry fam).

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Every time a thread comes up ... we get referred to other threads that also do not answer the question.

Could we please have a technical answer. So many people here could give the admins help ... but they aint looking for help.

An answer that says "The CIA need the time to download everything" is an acceptable answer.

P

They won't honestly get the message until there is a mass exodus of 50+ percent of the users. And it's coming, which is the exact warning I'm providing.

Any fool can see it escalating to that point in the not so distant future.

I'm no prophet , but I've been around on forums a long time, watched a lot die. This is the ONLY thing that will drive this forum down and assuming that there is monetary factors at play. Ignoring this problem is either intentional or profoundly ignorant.

Look, honestly, I have no skin in this game. I could care less if ATS is here a year from now, but I assume there is someone that would.

It's free advice, don't get all pissy if in hindsight you wish someone would have provided it.
edit on 15-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

They won't honestly get the message until there is a mass exodus of 50+ percent of the users. And it's coming, which is the exact warning I'm providing.

Any fool can see it escalating to that point in the not so distant future.

I'm no prophet , but I've been around on forums a long time, watched a lot die. This is the ONLY thing that will drive this forum down and assuming that there is monetary factors at play. Ignoring this problem is either intentional or profoundly ignorant.

Look, honestly, I have no skin in this game. I could care less if ATS is here a year from now, but I assume there is someone that would.

It's free advice, don't get all pissy if in hindsight you wish someone would have provided it.

We could start pretending to be a forum of 17 year old girls from Florida who are totally fed up with our parents and stuff.

Got me a lot of free flights back in the day

edit on 15-6-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Let it go.

There's obviously a valid and reasonable reason.

Just catch up on CNN and MSNBC during those "Times" 😎

CNN and MSNBC have all kinds of ripe sources for new threads all day long anyway 😎

The "Gremlins" have their "purposes" 😀

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Let it go.

There's obviously a valid and reasonable reason.

Just catch up on CNN and MSNBC during those "Times" 😎

CNN and MSNBC have all kinds of ripe sources for new threads all day long anyway 😎

The "Gremlins" have their "purposes" 😀

The ATS delay cuts into my drinking/cigar smoking garage activities. While I don't assume that most affected are deprived of my level of masculinity, i'm sure it's some detriment to their more feminine/progressive tasks like child rearing or quilting.

Either way, nobody likes there time being wasted, and as it escalates patience will wane. Like I said, ultimately it will result in lower traffic/lower revenue.

Don't say nobody warned them.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Firstly... A/S/L..

Secondly, How do you know I'm in minnesota.....You dirty stalking bastard.

I'm anonymous, I am Neegan....

Well it used to be posted as your location. Then I realized it's been changed to space. Then I edited it hoping you wouldn't notice because it does come off creepy and stalkerish.

But then you noticed, and here I am not making a great case for myself.

LOL BRBR

My location was always posted as space,

Don't pretend like you don't have a stalker notebook with a flowchart for each user here and that you aren't trying to locate all of us.

Keep diggin that hole buddha.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Firstly... A/S/L..

Secondly, How do you know I'm in minnesota.....You dirty stalking bastard.

I'm anonymous, I am Neegan....

Well it used to be posted as your location. Then I realized it's been changed to space. Then I edited it hoping you wouldn't notice because it does come off creepy and stalkerish.

But then you noticed, and here I am not making a great case for myself.

LOL BRBR

My location was always posted as space,

Don't pretend like you don't have a stalker notebook with a flowchart for each user here and that you aren't trying to locate all of us.

Keep diggin that hole buddha.

Don't be silly. Data mining software like that would cripple the site's functionality!

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
All I need is an honest answer.

Is that too much to ask?

Without us, this site is just a postmark in history.

Perhaps one of the bosses can come and give us a straight answer.

P

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Maybe when the CIA/NSA downloads all our comments it totally blocks all the band width available to ATS ? Owners can't do a thing unless they want to get suicided..

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It’s actually getting worse seems to be longer and I have notice a few times where it happens at other times. It’s not just the down time but there are loads of bugs and bits needing updating.

I feel like this site now runs on autopilot and one day it’s just going to stop.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join