It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Mexico Joint Declaration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Seems Trump has another notch on his holster...

From the US Department of State...

The United States and Mexico met this week to address the shared challenges of irregular migration, to include the entry of migrants into the United States in violation of U.S. law. Given the dramatic increase in migrants moving from Central America through Mexico to the United States, both countries recognize the vital importance of rapidly resolving the humanitarian emergency and security situation. The Governments of the United States and Mexico will work together to immediately implement a durable solution.

Among the agreements reached...

Mexican Enforcement Surge

Mexico will take unprecedented steps to increase enforcement to curb irregular migration, to include the deployment of its National Guard throughout Mexico, giving priority to its southern border. Mexico is also taking decisive action to dismantle human smuggling and trafficking organizations as well as their illicit financial and transportation networks. Additionally, the United States and Mexico commit to strengthen bilateral cooperation, including information sharing and coordinated actions to better protect and secure our common border.

Migrant Protection Protocols

The United States will immediately expand the implementation of the existing Migrant Protection Protocols across its entire Southern Border. This means that those crossing the U.S. Southern Border to seek asylum will be rapidly returned to Mexico where they may await the adjudication of their asylum claims.

In response, Mexico will authorize the entrance of all of those individuals for humanitarian reasons, in compliance with its international obligations, while they await the adjudication of their asylum claims. Mexico will also offer jobs, healthcare and education according to its principles.

The United States commits to work to accelerate the adjudication of asylum claims and to conclude removal proceedings as expeditiously as possible.

Full Declaration Here

Now this is obviously going to take time to see if it is a workable solution, but as a person who didn't like Trump initially I'm pretty damn impressed.

Congress can't do anything?

Hold my beer.

It seems to be a pretty good day in American history right now...

edit on 7-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm glad one of the things that "mexico" is addressing is the organizations that facilitate these large migration events.

There are orgs doing this and it isn't to help the american people, or the migrants themselves.

Dismantle them and seize their finances. Hell, mexico might rake in a few bucks to offset their costs.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
"Irregular migration"?

That makes me think of a bowel movement.

How ironic.

ETA: BRB
edit on 6/7/19 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Returning asylum seekers to Mexico wasn't done previously I think. If that is a change then I totally agree this is a win for Trump. I may be wrong but before they would come here claim asylum then be released into the US to await determination which was total BS because they would just disappear.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I'm glad one of the things that "mexico" is addressing is the organizations that facilitate these large migration events.

There are orgs doing this and it isn't to help the american people, or the migrants themselves.

Dismantle them and seize their finances. Hell, mexico might rake in a few bucks to offset their costs.

From what I read, the two they threw in jail yesterday they are charging with human sex trafficking and child smuggling.

They also froze the financial accounts of "26 persons and entities that engage in human trafficking".

Be interesting to see what THOSE names are...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Returning asylum seekers to Mexico wasn't done previously I think. If that is a change then I totally agree this is a win for Trump. I may be wrong but before they would come here claim asylum then be released into the US to await determination which was total BS because they would just disappear.

Yes.

What he just did by negotiating with a foreign country is what our own congress did not address and was also tied up in our judicial system.

Damn impressive.

He got around both of them.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ill bet Nancy is having a bad day after seeing this!

Shes likely having a few stiff drinks after this!

Great thread! Thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Yeah some monies came from the USA, I bet it was the Catholic Church some how

I could be wrong but the is the speculations I've read online.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I want to see them go after the Coyotes who take advantage of migrant women and children. The rapists.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

Yeah some monies came from the USA, I bet it was the Catholic Church some how

I could be wrong but the is the speculations I've read online.

The monies came mostly from America, Africa and another country.

As far as it coming from the Catholic church, possible... they could funnel it through any country, obviously.

As far as it coming from America, I wonder where the Democratic donor ties are...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I want to see them go after the Coyotes who take advantage of migrant women and children. The rapists.

Yup, a lot of really bad people involved in this "migration". The rot needs to be cleansed from top to bottom. The large money donors funneling money into the groups, the group leaders taking said money, people within the group promoting the exploitation right down to the "runners" that abuse the people directly(physically).

We should be digging a lot of really big holes to fill for all these monsters.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't expect the Mexican govt is going to do much beyond making a show at stopping them but the big thing is not allowing the illegals/asylum seekers to stay in the US while determinations are made. I would also like to see a change in our procedure for those asylum seekers. Once they have been caught processed and released back to Mexico they should be put on notice that if they are caught illegally crossing our border again their papers will be denied and automatically deported.

No more chances.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's a start. No thanks to MSM or the Democrats spreading all sorts of BS of how badly The Whitehouse's tax was going to destroy our country.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

And Trump wasn't even in the Country !!!!

His Pen - His Phone

They both work 😎

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

If Trump had actually done this in the first place he wouldn't have had such a hard time to begin with..

Though I'm a bit disappointed he didn't implement the tariff. I would of liked to have seen Mitch try to grow a pair and tell Trump no.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It's a start. No thanks to MSM or the Democrats spreading all sorts of BS of how badly The Whitehouse's tax was going to destroy our country.

The MSM has a very important job to do, (mis)inform the american people.

So while trump is locking down things like this, they'll keep talking about impeachment nonsense as they ride the wave down right into their own demise.

At the rate that "trust in media" and viewership declines are happening. They may not even be around to do election night coverage in 2020.
edit on 7-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It wouldn't have been pretty. Even though there's a 50+ billion trade deficit with Mexico. They are our third biggest trading partner. And most of that trade is manufacturing going to Mexico.

It would have hurt many Americans.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

If Trump had actually done this in the first place he wouldn't have had such a hard time to begin with..

Though I'm a bit disappointed he didn't implement the tariff. I would of liked to have seen Mitch try to grow a pair and tell Trump no.

He tried to do it first the way he should have as a President.

Work with Congress, talk to the American citizens, get a deal done.

I actually admire him for that.

He was trying to play by the rules.

I really admire his out of the box thinking though.

And really despise my former party for not having America's best interests at heart.

I think a lot of former Democrats think like me.

We'll see in 2020.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Mexico Will Renege on that Agreement by July 1st . They think they are Playing President Trump a Fool . Not Happening . He Will Double Down Hard on them if they do ......

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: rickymouse

It wouldn't have been pretty. Even though there's a 50+ billion trade deficit with Mexico. They are our third biggest trading partner. And most of that trade is manufacturing going to Mexico.

It would have hurt many Americans.

Yea....

And Mexico had so much leverage on the deal that they folded in a week on the threat of a tariff.

It would not, despite what CNN told you, have hurt many Americans even in the short term.

"OMFG... My Chipotle taco costs 5 cents more... I'm going on a killing spree!!!!"

"ZOMFG... my barbecue that I was going to buy at Lowe's used to cost $500 and now costs $517... I can no longer afford to feed my children!!!"

It wouldn't have mattered.

At least be honest enough to admit that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join