It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Sheriff Says Governor Should “Step Down … Or Be Arrested”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: face23785

Thankyou. I did not know that. I suppose that makes a difference here. So what we have here is a governor, siding with state legislators by making a new law that goes against Federal law (ICE). How do you think that that compares with those state governors who are now siding with state legislators by making new laws that go against Federal law (RoevWade]

Can you see my conundrum here?

It depends on whether the federal government has authority over the matter constitutionally. In this case, the federal government has the authority to control immigration. The states should therefore comply with federal law. If the federal government tries to tell the states to do something that the federal government doesn't have the authority to do, then it's a state's rights issue.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

He was following the lead of one county. Sure there may be a few people all over the state that think this is a good idea, but in the end this was just another case of how King County controls most (if not all) of Washington State. Sadly if this was left to the voters in the state to approve, it would never pass and Inslee would just by pass the will of the people "for their own good", just like he did with the gas tax.

Inslee is a real piece of (T&C violation). This is a guy who pushed for a Billion dollars for Orca protection, but not a dime for the homeless population. Inslee thinks that by allowing cities to offer free services and housing to homefree people, it will solve the homeless crisis. I've posted about how these homeless/homefree people are used by politicians directly to push their agendas, so why wouldn't Inslee want more of that control. This is a guy who publicly stated that former Seattle Mayor Ed Murray was a great friend of his, but fell quiet after it was exposed that Eddie Boy liked to have his way with little boys. Currently Murray has an open investigation against him in Ireland. Yep Inslee has some great friends there.

Then there Inslee and his carbon tax crap. Voters said no thanks at the polls. Inslee says, we'll just by pass that. This guy is running for President, he may not be at the top of anybody's list, but he is still running. Inslee is why we need the Electoral College. He allows a single county to direct the laws for an entire state. What do you think he'll do if put in to the White House? This "Sanctuary State" crappo is just another stupid law set forth by people that neither seem to know what they are doing (hopefully), or know exactly what they are doing (criminal behavior)

More importantly we should remind ourselves that Justice is either applied equally across the board, or it is not justice. These "Sanctuary State" laws forbid the equal application of Justice to all parties across the board, and by the nature of their existence deny Justice to all. At what point do we no longer have a civil society? At the point where laws have no meaning.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So then, this is not true?

Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973), is a landmark decision issued in 1973 by the United States Supreme Court on the issue of the constitutionality of laws that criminalized or restricted access to abortions.

www.google.com... chrome&ie=UTF-8

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

So then, this is not true?

Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973), is a landmark decision issued in 1973 by the United States Supreme Court on the issue of the constitutionality of laws that criminalized or restricted access to abortions.

www.google.com... chrome&ie=UTF-8

The Supreme Court really doesn't make law. It decides whether an application to a law is Constitutional, thereby setting a precedent for future rulings. Although these days, some courts are somewhat legislating from the bench. www.deseretnews.com...
edit on 3-6-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Thank you for that well considered response Guy.. It is food for thought.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Some American lives are worth the extra votes.

they are, how did they call it? deplorable.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: 3n19m470

If the Sheriff feels that theres enough evidence to charge his fellow public servant with a crime, he should do so.

From there, the prosecutor has to decide whether the arrest and charges are lawful in order to try the man.

But the accused is entitled to due process like everyone else.

Can you imagine if EVERY public servant was held accountable for violating their oath to uphold the Constitution?

We would essentially have to arrest and charge every public servant. I'm ok with that.

Its would end up in the hands of a liberal judge who would think there should be a counter suit, how dare any criticize illegal aliens and those who defend their crimes.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Oooooh this is gonna go down, then. East Washington against West Washington!

Really odd time for this too as the East Washington white nationalists, particularly from Spokane and east towards Coeur d'Alene are making international news over the last couple of weeks. Just last week I read an article about the white nationalists compound that was eradicated in the 80s and 90s, now being full blown again in that same area. Made a full comeback and is now operating at the same level as 30+ years ago. The area that this guy is a sheriff of.

Wonder how that is going to go for him, all these nationalists that are gonna get shut down by the feds... again... and all happened under this guy's watch.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Oh and let's not forget representative Matt Shea, also out of Spokane, that recently made national news for his Aryan Nation/Christian Identity manifesto that got leaked online, and that he owned up to for writing.

In other words, if you're not white, try not to live in this area. Oh and it's possible they might have an issue with a democratic presidential candidate.

These guys are bad hombres. If I were the governor, I'd take them seriously. And be scared a little.

edit on 3-6-2019 by Duderino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

Really odd time for this too as the East Washington white nationalists, particularly from Spokane and east towards Coeur d'Alene are making international news over the last couple of weeks. Just last week I read an article about the white nationalists compound that was eradicated in the 80s and 90s, now being full blown again in that same area. Made a full comeback and is now operating at the same level as 30+ years ago. The area that this guy is a sheriff of.

Wonder how that is going to go for him, all these nationalists that are gonna get shut down by the feds... again... and all happened under this guy's watch.

Can you post a source link regarding these compounds please?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

I live in Spokane....there aren’t a bunch of white nationalists running around here and Ozzy is far from one.

He was just threatened on Facebook a couple months ago over the new gun law that passed here in Washington State, calling it unconstitutional and unenforceable. So he’s been front and center fighting for the Constitutional rights of his constituents, which for some reason makes you a white nationalist these days. I’m sure the left is using the “white nationalist” label to take him out...that is their MO when dealing with their political opponents, especially when they can’t win the debate.

Trust me, it’s the Marxists in Olympia and the west side of the state that people should be worried about. They have been passing laws and raising taxes like crazy this year, like they know they’re not going to get a chance to do it again for a long time.....😂😂😂😂. 😢😢

edit on 6/033903/1919 by JohnnySpokane because: Correct spelling

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: Duderino

Can you post a source link regarding these compounds please?

Sure. I'll link a few, but you should google for more, there's a lot out there. This is one of the worst neo nazi areas in our country.

I googled "coeur d'alene nazi" to get these:

Aryans, neo-Nazis march through Coeur d'Alene

1999 Aryan Nation Parade in Coeur d’Alene

The Idaho town that stared down hate – and won

Former neo-Nazi site to be sold

Hate makes a comeback in the Pacific Northwest

Nearly two decades after the Aryan Nations’ Idaho compound was demolished, far-right extremists are maintaining a presence in the Pacific Northwest.

White nationalism has been on the rise across the U.S., but it has particular resonance along the Idaho-Washington border, where the Aryans espoused hate and violence for years.

Also google Spokane WA and Hayden Lake ID with a combination of nazi or aryan or whataver and you'll get similar results.

This sheriff has been elected 5 times by this predominantly white area. So white it sticks out compared to anything around it.

Here I'll get those numbers and post them in another reply.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Racial demographics for Spokane and other nearby cities:

Yakima, WA: racial makeup of the city was 67.1% Caucasian, 1.7% African American, 2.0% Native American, 1.5% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 23.3% from other races, and 4.4% from two or more races. 41.3% were Hispanic or Latino

Pasco, WA: racial makeup of the city was 55.8% White, 1.9% African American, 0.5% Native American, 1.9% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 36.4% from other races, and 3.3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 55.7% of the population

Seattle, WA: racial composition of the city in 2016 was 65.7% white, 14.1% Asian, 7.0% Black, 0.4% Native American, 0.9% Pacific Islander, 2.3% from other races, and 5.6% from two or more races. 6.6% of the population is Hispanic or Latino of any race

Tacoma, WA: racial makeup of the city was 64.9% White (60.5% Non-Hispanic White), 12.2% African American, 8.2% Asian

Spokane, WA: racial make-up of the city was 86.7% White, 5.0% Hispanics and Latinos, 2.6% Asian, 2.3% African American, 2.0% Native American, 0.6%

20% more whites than any other city in the state. It's white heaven. But that's only because of the area's history and the fact that minorities still avoid moving here.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnySpokane

Notice how I put in a bunch of links and facts and numbers and you gave us your opinion, told us to trust you and then added in 6 emoji?

But you're right, this is ATS. My posts will get ridiculed until I go away and you will get carried on shoulders because you slipped in the word Marxists and put white nationalists into quotation marks, as if they didn't exist.

C'est la vie.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

HA! I know Ozzie Knezovich! I went to HS and a couple years of college with him. We were in the same class, Class of '81.

Go Ozzie!!

Inslee damn well should be very worried! When Ozzie puts his mind to something he will make it happen!

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Lol...

Talk about bragging about stupidity huh???

If he is a sheriff you would think he would know what is and is not an arrest-able offense..

That is like a Dr. saying “we have to remove your kidneys.. they are in your feet, right?”

This guy should win a Darwin Award lol

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

SCOTUS does not make law. SCOTUS interprets law. The Legislative Branch makes law, and they've failed to address abortion since SCOTUS determined they would legislate from the bench.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Oh,I see. And the Congress has failed to address making it law by making a bill into law by vote of the branches of Congress for all these years? Right? Likely knowing that it would not pass I can assume. And those in favor of Roe Wade for all these years have just been keeping ''hush'' over this gaping hole in the foundation of their cause hoping that somehow everyone would forget about it,,,,just like me...

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Oh,I see. And the Congress has failed to address making it law by making a bill into law by vote of the branches of Congress for all these years? Right? Likely knowing that it would not pass I can assume. And those in favor of Roe Wade for all these years have just been keeping ''hush'' over this gaping hole in the foundation of their cause hoping that somehow everyone would forget about it,,,,just like me...

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

All the sarcasm in the world doesn't change that judicial ruling is not 'making law'.

As we see right now, legislatures are free to create laws to curtail abortion. Now its up to whomever wishes to fight it to sue to have it struck down.

Everyone is painfully aware that Roe v Wade was not law. Its just that the surging radical leftism in the US is driving moderates more right. So we see less support for abortion than we did int he 1970's. At least in my own perception.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join