It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Sheriff Says Governor Should “Step Down … Or Be Arrested”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Spokane resident here. He is the same sheriff that wont enforce the new gun laws in WA, he is a hell of a guy if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't understand why arrest and step down has to be either/or.

I vote for both.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: 3n19m470

The 10th Amendment does give states latitude for the law.

Look at pot legalization.
Gun ownership and conceal carry laws.
Abortion laws.

The governor is certainly a douche but one elected by the constituency of the state.

Came here to post something similar but DBCowboy's post sums it up. It sucks, but it is what it is. If they can fight it within the state, go for it. There is supreme clause though, but I don't know how I feel about that being wielded. What a mess in general though. Our country, it seems, is taking shots from both internal and external forces. to better times for everyone.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I dont think this is a crime so you cant arrest the governor.
A dereliction of duty maybe.

Against Federal Immigration Laws
And I stress Federal
There is not one part that gives States any rights there.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thank you everybody for participating. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there to answer your posts. I know you will understand. I do answer all private messages tho. And if a pm includes a reauest to answer a certain post or certain posts by a person, I will do that. I won't get caught up in silly arguments though, so I feel it's a better use of my time if I don't pay any attention to replies most of the time. If its important enough to someone that they send me a Private Message, I'll give it my attention.

I'll browse through the thread at my leisure and answer anything I feel like answering, only because this thread concerns issues that matter to me a little more than usual and because i should have enough time. Everything takes so much longer on a phone.

Again thanks all for participating and making this thread visible to others, I really do appreciate it!

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
Racial demographics for Spokane and other nearby cities:

Yakima, WA: racial makeup of the city was 67.1% Caucasian, 1.7% African American, 2.0% Native American, 1.5% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 23.3% from other races, and 4.4% from two or more races. 41.3% were Hispanic or Latino

Pasco, WA: racial makeup of the city was 55.8% White, 1.9% African American, 0.5% Native American, 1.9% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 36.4% from other races, and 3.3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 55.7% of the population

Seattle, WA: racial composition of the city in 2016 was 65.7% white, 14.1% Asian, 7.0% Black, 0.4% Native American, 0.9% Pacific Islander, 2.3% from other races, and 5.6% from two or more races. 6.6% of the population is Hispanic or Latino of any race

Tacoma, WA: racial makeup of the city was 64.9% White (60.5% Non-Hispanic White), 12.2% African American, 8.2% Asian

Spokane, WA: racial make-up of the city was 86.7% White, 5.0% Hispanics and Latinos, 2.6% Asian, 2.3% African American, 2.0% Native American, 0.6%

20% more whites than any other city in the state. It's white heaven. But that's only because of the area's history and the fact that minorities still avoid moving here.

That 67.1% you quoted for caucasians actually includes Hispanics. Add up the numbers. Just the numbers you gave for Caucasians and Hispanics alone adds up to more than 100%.

So if 67.1% are caucasian and 41.3 are hispanic that means there are only 25.8% WHITES compared to 41.3% HISPANICS

So the 23.3 from OTHER RACES is almost as much as the whites ALONE... plus all the others including 41.3 HISPANIC means theyre HEAVILY outnumbered not dominating the area as you suggested... nice try tho. Twist those facts elsewhere and youd get a freakin medal. Not here tho...
edit on 6/4/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

That guy is absolutely 100% full of crap. LoL i wouldnt worry about him. He wants us to feel guilty for standing up for whats right in any way possible he can do it.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

HA! I know Ozzie Knezovich! I went to HS and a couple years of college with him. We were in the same class, Class of '81.

Go Ozzie!!

Inslee damn well should be very worried! When Ozzie puts his mind to something he will make it happen!

What!? No way... thats... awesome! Well, i can say, just your association has swayed me towards liking this guy even more. You sir, are good people.

After what that other ATS Member said, I was starting to wonder if maybe I had backed the wrong guy.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The 10th Amendment does give states latitude for the law.

Look at pot legalization.
Gun ownership and conceal carry laws.
Abortion laws.

The governor is certainly a douche but one elected by the constituency of the state.

It's a tough area of law indeed. I am for pot legalization, but I still recognize it is against Federal Law and so the ATF or whoever, could come in and take away all our pot stores if they decided it was worth enforcing that law for the price it would cost.

They do not have to give equal weight to every violation of federal law. They could let the marijuana slide and punish those who violate immigration law. Just like a cop can pull you over, write you a no insurance ticket but decide to let you slide on the no seatbelt ticket. Or whatever.

I don't know exactly who would be guilty of what law, or who would be doing the arresting and you know what? Obviously this Sheriff knows what can and cannot be done. I would be willing to bet he is just trying to get his message out and get people mobilized or motivated or something.

Either that or there is some kind of plan to arrest the governor. He never said he would be doing the arresting. He did say the crime was "obstruction" and he did also mention the option of Inslee being "held in contempt of Congress" whatever that exactly means. I know you can go to jail for it but is it considered an "unlawful act" a "crime", or what?

At the time I made this thread there really wasn't much to go on. My 3 paragraphs are literally the whole article. FOX may have more but I'm guessing that some more has transpired in the last 24hrs or so. If I find anything interesting I'll bring it here.

I agree that we need to do things properly according to law. So, are you saying basically the only way to stop/reverse this is to vote out the people who created it? Cause the People themselves never voted on this.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I dont think this is a crime so you cant arrest the governor.
A dereliction of duty maybe.

Yeah I'm not sure man. This is sure creating awareness though. Both of the situation itself, and the legal processes surrounding it! Everyone wants to know how to stop this. Heck maybe DB and I will run joint campaigns in OR & WA to take back the PNW hahahaha...its just crazy enough to work.
edit on 6/4/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Isn't Marijuana illegal under Federal Law? Can't DEA agents raid pot shops and shut them down on a Federal level? How is Sanctuary Cities any different then state level legalized Marijuana? Isn't Marijuana also legal in Washington State? Why didn't the Sheriff go after the Governor when they legalized Marijuana? Don't get me wrong I'm against sanctuary cities but why the disconnect from other state laws passed that goes against Federal Law? Why only focus on this one that the state decided to snub the Feds on?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

I agree that we need to do things properly according to law. So, are you saying basically the only way to stop/reverse this is to vote out the people who created it? Cause the People themselves never voted on this.

We vote for the lies that the politicians sell us. What they actually want to do. . . well, basically, they want to screw us over.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That wasn't sarcasm Tex, it was an admission of ignorance.You see, until now, I could not be counted in that category you labeled ''everybody''. The rest of what you interpreted as sarcasm were my immediate thoughts having come to understand that RW was not law.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Can see progress is still moving along nicely.

How's this new gay transgendered world treating you all?

I've decided I'll just watch and laugh from the sides.

Yay for progress, yay for all the confusion the poor children suffer.

Yay!

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: Duderino
Racial demographics for Spokane and other nearby cities:

Yakima, WA: racial makeup of the city was 67.1% Caucasian, 1.7% African American, 2.0% Native American, 1.5% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 23.3% from other races, and 4.4% from two or more races. 41.3% were Hispanic or Latino

Pasco, WA: racial makeup of the city was 55.8% White, 1.9% African American, 0.5% Native American, 1.9% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 36.4% from other races, and 3.3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 55.7% of the population

Seattle, WA: racial composition of the city in 2016 was 65.7% white, 14.1% Asian, 7.0% Black, 0.4% Native American, 0.9% Pacific Islander, 2.3% from other races, and 5.6% from two or more races. 6.6% of the population is Hispanic or Latino of any race

Tacoma, WA: racial makeup of the city was 64.9% White (60.5% Non-Hispanic White), 12.2% African American, 8.2% Asian

Spokane, WA: racial make-up of the city was 86.7% White, 5.0% Hispanics and Latinos, 2.6% Asian, 2.3% African American, 2.0% Native American, 0.6%

20% more whites than any other city in the state. It's white heaven. But that's only because of the area's history and the fact that minorities still avoid moving here.

That 67.1% you quoted for caucasians actually includes Hispanics. Add up the numbers. Just the numbers you gave for Caucasians and Hispanics alone adds up to more than 100%.

So if 67.1% are caucasian and 41.3 are hispanic that means there are only 25.8% WHITES compared to 41.3% HISPANICS

So the 23.3 from OTHER RACES is almost as much as the whites ALONE... plus all the others including 41.3 HISPANIC means theyre HEAVILY outnumbered not dominating the area as you suggested... nice try tho. Twist those facts elsewhere and youd get a freakin medal. Not here tho...

That's not how it works; I'll explain.

If you want to check any of these, they are straight from the google recap of the wiki, at the top. For example.

Spokane:

The racial make-up of the city was 86.7% White, 5.0% Hispanics and Latinos, 2.6% Asian, 2.3% African American, 2.0% Native American, 0.6% Pacific Islander, and 1.3% from other races.

Additionally, some Hispanics also identify as white, which is why we also see separate designation as White Hispanics or Non-Hispanic Whites. Those cities also list the total Hispanic population when there are many mixed races, such as white-Hispanic, black-Hispanic and so on.

For example Pasco has 55.7% Hispanic population, even though it also has 55.8% white. Some of those are mixed and identify as both. Yakima has 41.3% Hispanic population.

Spokane has 5%. And the 86.7% of white are just white. If you add up the rest of them, they make an almost perfect 100, which means very little mixing.

Numbers don't lie.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Are you guys arguing about the number of whites living in America vs Hispanics?

How many whites living in "Hispanic nations" when we try and compare. Are there areas that are whites only or majority whites?

This numbers should also be a little important if we want to use percentages to paint a picture isn't it?

I for one think the middle east should be 33.3% white, 33.3% black and 33.3% Asian or whatever colour you guys want to use seeing as we using colours. I mean in the name of progress it's what we should all be screaming for isn't it?

But I'm #ing crazy when I talk to "normal" people.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I encourage all of you to hold your breath until charges are pressed. Start now. You're insane.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaladinRoden
Isn't Marijuana illegal under Federal Law? Can't DEA agents raid pot shops and shut them down on a Federal level? How is Sanctuary Cities any different then state level legalized Marijuana? Isn't Marijuana also legal in Washington State? Why didn't the Sheriff go after the Governor when they legalized Marijuana? Don't get me wrong I'm against sanctuary cities but why the disconnect from other state laws passed that goes against Federal Law? Why only focus on this one that the state decided to snub the Feds on?

The Feds come in under Interstate Trade and Federal taxes.

(post by Jg513 removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join