It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Sheriff Says Governor Should “Step Down … Or Be Arrested”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Spokane County, Washington, Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich says that Washington Governor Jay Inslee should step down or be arrested following his signing of a sanctuary law in the state, according to Fox News.

Fox News host Harris Faulkner asked Knezovich, “You’re saying [Inslee] is committing a crime, basically.”

“I am.He took the same oath that I did to uphold the constitution of the United States and the laws thereof,” the sheriff responded, continuing, “If you don’t want to enforce your own laws, then either step down or be held in contempt of Congress or be arrested for obstruction – but do not impede or badmouth your ICE agents for doing their job.”

As a lifelong Washingtonian I say make an example of Jay Inslee. Arrest him. Strip him of his office. Tar and feather his ass, and ship him to China for all I care.

Especially after what Just happened in Oregon. An illegal raped a dog who had to be euthanized because of its injuries and they STILL released him from jail without notifying ICE so he could be deported. Beastiality, to the point of killing an animal, that's what they're fighting so hard to defend?

You'd think even the most staunch liberal would agree there should be SOME exceptions to their Sanctuary Policies.

This is happening. We have a Sheriff on our side. So, are we going to take advantage of that fact and offer this guy some support or are we gonna throw him to the viper pit and let him defend his own self?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Beastiality, to the point of killing an animal, that's what they're fighting so hard to defend?

Incredible... isn't it?

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

If the Sheriff feels that theres enough evidence to charge his fellow public servant with a crime, he should do so.

From there, the prosecutor has to decide whether the arrest and charges are lawful in order to try the man.

But the accused is entitled to due process like everyone else.

Can you imagine if EVERY public servant was held accountable for violating their oath to uphold the Constitution?

We would essentially have to arrest and charge every public servant. I'm ok with that.

edit on 3-6-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Agreed.

I've read a recent story about a drunk ass illegal speeding and killing a couple on their motorcycle.

The bike was WEDGED beneath the illegals truck.

They leave behind a 3 small children.

I like this sheriff,

"According to Fox News, the sheriff “told Faulkner he does not plan to follow the law Inslee signed because he “has a responsibility to make sure that criminals are taken off the streets of my county — regardless of their immigration status.”’ et al.

I'm totally against sanctuary cities and their illegals they harbor.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I dont think this is a crime so you cant arrest the governor.
A dereliction of duty maybe.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Spokane County, Washington, Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich says that Washington Governor Jay Inslee should step down or be arrested following his signing of a sanctuary law in the state, according to Fox News.

Fox News host Harris Faulkner asked Knezovich, “You’re saying [Inslee] is committing a crime, basically.”

“I am.He took the same oath that I did to uphold the constitution of the United States and the laws thereof,” the sheriff responded, continuing, “If you don’t want to enforce your own laws, then either step down or be held in contempt of Congress or be arrested for obstruction – but do not impede or badmouth your ICE agents for doing their job.”

As a lifelong Washingtonian I say make an example of Jay Inslee. Arrest him. Strip him of his office. Tar and feather his ass, and ship him to China for all I care.

Especially after what Just happened in Oregon. An illegal raped a dog who had to be euthanized because of its injuries and they STILL released him from jail without notifying ICE so he could be deported. Beastiality, to the point of killing an animal, that's what they're fighting so hard to defend?

You'd think even the most staunch liberal would agree there should be SOME exceptions to their Sanctuary Policies.

This is happening. We have a Sheriff on our side. So, are we going to take advantage of that fact and offer this guy some support or are we gonna throw him to the viper pit and let him defend his own self?

This is what convinces me that illegal voting must be real. There's simply no other reason I could see for liberals to continue trying to defend these policies, despite people and animals getting killed. To them, they're just casualties in the big scheme of things. Some American lives are worth the extra votes.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I"m wondering just where this law that the governor signed came from. Did it just pop up out of nowhere or was it introduced to the Washington legislature and go through the process being accepted and passed on to the governor. Was Inslee just standing alone here or was he following the lead of the majority of the states legislators. If indeed this law did go through the process of being a bill and being voted upon by other elected officials then Inslee is not alone but in the eyes of opponents of this new law was complicit with all the other law makers of the state. If so then all of them should suffer the torture you want to see inflicted on him alone. I mean why not huh? Make it a party and invite all the catering trucks, maybe even have some live music to rev people up. It's been a long time since someone was tarred and feathered and such a momentous step back to bygone times should be celebrated don't you think.

As to the dog raper, well, I agree. I'm glad that ICE got a hold of him again and will be shipping him off. Maybe they will send him to Washington where he will fit in nicely with the 19th century mentality you want to see revived.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think some police official should arrest the governor, let the courts settle this, it is a legal issue. I would bet the majority of people there do not want it as a sanctuary state, especially when the government loads the state up with illegal immigrants. The Sheriff of spokaine has no jurisdiction where the governor lives, but can bring charges if the governor has committed a crime in his jurisdiction, by forcing the citizens in his area to take in illegals is breaking the law.

This kind of activity by a governor should not be allowed. The governor is supposed to represent all of the people in his state, not just those who share his beliefs.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I"m wondering just where this law that the governor signed came from. Did it just pop up out of nowhere or was it introduced to the Washington legislature and go through the process being accepted and passed on to the governor. Was Inslee just standing alone here or was he following the lead of the majority of the states legislators. If indeed this law did go through the process of being a bill and being voted upon by other elected officials then Inslee is not alone but in the eyes of opponents of this new law was complicit with all the other law makers of the state. If so then all of them should suffer the torture you want to see inflicted on him alone. I mean why not huh? Make it a party and invite all the catering trucks, maybe even have some live music to rev people up. It's been a long time since someone was tarred and feathered and such a momentous step back to bygone times should be celebrated don't you think.

As to the dog raper, well, I agree. I'm glad that ICE got a hold of him again and will be shipping him off. Maybe they will send him to Washington where he will fit in nicely with the 19th century mentality you want to see revived.

Just so I get what you are saying here, if a law is written, and passed through committee that states everyone named Terry, must be spat on and ridiculed, you would be good with it, since it was done with due process? You don't feel as if the law in and of itself is just wrong?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I"m wondering just where this law that the governor signed came from. Did it just pop up out of nowhere or was it introduced to the Washington legislature and go through the process being accepted and passed on to the governor. Was Inslee just standing alone here or was he following the lead of the majority of the states legislators. If indeed this law did go through the process of being a bill and being voted upon by other elected officials then Inslee is not alone but in the eyes of opponents of this new law was complicit with all the other law makers of the state.

The difference is that legislators aren't responsible for enforcing laws. The governor, as an executive state official, has different responsibilities than the legislators do. That's why their oaths of office aren't the same.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I guess now we just wait to see if the sheriff follows through on his threat. I wouldn’t count on it though, but we all have hopes right?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Simple. If a state legislature and governor passed a bill through due process that everyone named Terry should be spat upon, I would move as I would obviously not want to live in a state where people voted for state legislators who would pass such a bill. Just as I moved to a state that had certain laws that I found advantageous to my future planning as opposed to the state I was living in at the time.

MY point earlier was that this specific situation is not as simple as spitting on Terry or as simple as forcing one, the governor'' out of many, the legislature'' to be blamed for this law.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

“If you don’t want to enforce your own laws, then either step down or be held in contempt of Congress or be arrested for obstruction – but do not impede or badmouth your ICE agents for doing their job.”

Washington state does not employ ICE agents, those are Federal employees. They are not under the jurisdiction of the Governor.

The Governor signed a state law passed by state legislators. It is unlikely that the legislators will impeach him for signing a bill they passed.

The Feds can file an injunction to block the law if they want to. County Sheriffs aren't the appropriate people to arrest Governors for signing bills into law.

We have a Sheriff on our side. So, are we going to take advantage of that fact and offer this guy some support or are we gonna throw him to the viper pit and let him defend his own self?

The State Attorney General is given the authority to list the circumstances for investigating immigration status. My guess would be that the Sheriff will coordinate with the AG to have certain circumstances that he is concerned with added to the list.
edit on 3-6-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Thankyou. I did not know that. I suppose that makes a difference here. So what we have here is a governor, siding with state legislators by making a new law that goes against Federal law (ICE). How do you think that that compares with those state governors who are now siding with state legislators by making new laws that go against Federal law (RoevWade]

Can you see my conundrum here?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The 10th Amendment does give states latitude for the law.

Look at pot legalization.
Gun ownership and conceal carry laws.
Abortion laws.

The governor is certainly a douche but one elected by the constituency of the state.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: 3n19m470

This is what convinces me that illegal voting must be real. There's simply no other reason I could see for liberals to continue trying to defend these policies, despite people and animals getting killed. To them, they're just casualties in the big scheme of things. Some American lives are worth the extra votes.

Yeah, but in 50 or 60 years, they'll have all blended in to your way of life..

Or... and more likely given this obvious agenda, you would have to theirs.. either way, that's the game plan.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Just so I get what you are saying here, if a law is written, and passed through committee that states everyone named Terry, must be spat on and ridiculed, you would be good with it, since it was done with due process? You don't feel as if the law in and of itself is just wrong?

Even if he did think that, the Supremacy Clause takes care of and overrides such a law passed by the State.

Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the U.S. Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions. It prohibits states from interfering with the federal government's exercise of its constitutional powers, and from assuming any functions that are exclusively entrusted to the federal government.

Anyone interfering with the Federal Govt's role of enforcing immigration laws should be arrested.

edit on 3/6/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I live in Washington. I agree arrest all of them that took part in seeing this happen.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Roe v wade is not a law.

We settled supremacy clauses when we freed the slaves.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So, Susan Collins lied when she told the public that Brett Kavanaugh assured her that Roe V Wade is "settled law"?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join