It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters, Members of Congress, and other groups mislead the public

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They're a bunch of snotty prick bastards

I can agree with you on that one! Yes they are

that have no useful purpose

I don't agree with you on that one.

They do catch guns and knives. I don't know whether that can find or detect freeze-dried pharmaceutical pathogens in which one has to introduce a liquid and WHAMMO!

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Waterglass

We have seen reporters, Members of Congress, and other groups mislead the public on the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) policies.

I'm sure that's not politically motivated , well , when I say sure .....

Personally I wouldn't take my "facts" from a government website.

if you live in America, you're entire life involves facts from the U.S. government, one way or another....I know this is a conspiracy site, but before trump, we had one of the best functioning governments in the world....now it's systematically being defunded and mismanaged by the very people that prospered from it....

you think Russia, China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, north Korea have better governments?????.....billions of fake accounts have been taken down by Facebook alone, from these very countries.....and yet, American right-wingers here bitch and moan about how terrible the U.S. is....

in the back of my mind, I ask myself, does this person not remember the Obama white house?

Scandal free! Best president EVAH!

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Ever notice that the ones who speak the truth are always attacked throughout history, especially the whistler blowers. That includes Jesus.

Leave it to ATS to have someone compare themselves to Jesus while supporting the TSA.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
It's supposed to make you ask why the media lies so much.

Everyone lies: reality.

dead people dont lie, lol.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

They do catch guns and knives.

Wow, that totally jsutifies their existence.

Maybe then can catch a terrorist one day too.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The president of the United States put out a twitter of a known altered video of Nancy Pelosi. If you support that... you are an ass

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Source? I have no idea if it's true, but the last time the left screamed altered video it was a lie.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
The president of the United States put out a twitter of a known altered video of Nancy Pelosi. If you support that... you are an ass

That is not true.
edit on 25-5-2019 by TheSteppenwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Waterglass

We have seen reporters, Members of Congress, and other groups mislead the public on the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) policies.

I'm sure that's not politically motivated , well , when I say sure .....

Personally I wouldn't take my "facts" from a government website.

Shooting down something without offering a better alternative? Lame. Where would you get the facts from about this particular matter, genius boy?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

They do catch guns and knives. I don't know whether that can find or detect freeze-dried pharmaceutical pathogens in which one has to introduce a liquid and WHAMMO!

They could just send a live specimen among the illegal immigrants.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Yeah but constantly?

Nah, thats not just human nature bro, thats treachery. That's corruption. Thats bribery. That aint mother nature making all those lies spill forth.

edit on 5/25/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I feel good for them to stand up for themselves. So much sheet flying around these days

Good for you, government needs stoolies, otherwise it wouldn't be as big and bloated as it is now.

Yeah I hate that bloated wasteful government too... Hey I bet spreading lies will solve it! We only need to be one smidgen better than pur enemies to declare moral victory!

I just sit back and laugh at the stoolies and their silly principles of "defending the truth even if it means defending those we disagree with". Come on bro, they're telling lies about the people we hate, so just keep yer trap shut!

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Ummm... I Think you accidentally posted in the wrong thread bro. Bro? R U OK?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Yeah but constantly?

Plenty of people do, how do you think our politicians get elected?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yeah I hate that bloated wasteful government too... Hey I bet spreading lies will solve it! We only need to be one smidgen better than pur enemies to declare moral victory!

We we're talking about the TSA, not exactly a useful group, and frankly I don't care if they get smeared, they earned it.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Plus they are a highly visible deterrent. Not everyone is a techno wizard who can beat the scanners, and so most would decide against committing a crime just because they know there are people there searching and machines scanning. Like a scarecrow. The crows see there is "a guy" down there so they stay away... apparently. But not always. I think now we just use poisons. No bird is stupid enough to eat poison har har!

Im not saying this justifies their budget or anything like that. But, if we are going by the dictionary definition of "useless", well...A scarecrow just sits there all day doing nothing but its not useless. Theyre awesome Halloween props for one thing.

And for the TSA, the sex freak who enjoys being fingered might have a thing or two to say about these allegations of uselessness. Ok, Im just kidding about that one, but the TSA DO function as a functional "ScareMuslim".

We havent had a 9/11 since oh, about, sometime around 9/11.

If they did thwart an actual major plot (logic dictates there should have been one or two in the last 18 years) theres no guarantee that it would be known to the public.

I wonder if their image is a carefully crafted ruse. They put all those media hit pieces out to make them seem incompetent and untrustworthy and unreliable. Everyone remembers the journalist(s) who showed how they were able to get all kinds of things through.

Ok, even though I openly speculate on the possibility, I seriously doubt that it was an elaborate ruse.

But Im Just Saying... have we had any major incidents involving hijacked planes, bombed planes, or planes crashing into highly populated civilian areas in the last 17.5 years?
ScareJihadi. It works. Home version coming soon. Just kidding there is no home version. Wait... (insert over the top macho pro2nd amendment remark) America! F# Yeah!!

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What about people who believed the Russian collusion story for years?

At this point the Democrats have the moral high ground of an ant hill.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Not everyone lies, people just don't tell the truth.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Excuse me, you can't just go around shattering peoples realities.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

We we're talking about the TSA, not exactly a useful group, and frankly I don't care if they get smeared, they earned it.

(i was interrupted in the middle of typing this... I fixed it and marked where I edited)
Fair enough I suppose.

Just FYI

I think worthy minds can be improved by challenging each other. I know you have got a thick skin but all the same I want you to know this, and I don't care what Anyone thinks about it: Don't take anything I say personally, I like you and if I give you # its because I know you can take it and I think you can [EDIT includes everything after this point] teach me a thing or two.

Basically, no hard feelings even if I might treat you roughly sometimes, and it holds regardless of whatever your opinion of me may be. You're one of the few around here who can hold your own intellectually and because of that I respect you and am interested to know what you have to say about certain things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join