It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Just Demonetized Secureteam10 For Misleading BS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

originally posted by: Edumakated
It is indirectly censoring by removing the ability to make money from the work.

The inability to profit from fake UFO videos is hardly gonna make ANYONE lose sleep.

I doubt YT even considered 'censorship' as a driving force for this - why would they care a single jot, considering the vast swathes of contentious - and far worse - BS on other channels.

However, I agree with a previous comment that targeting this channel ALONE makes no sense. I've never watched it and will never watch it, but that's beside the point, and doesn't detract from the seemingly unfair one-sidedness of this decision.

I've never watched the channel. However, I did just go look and they have 2 million subscribers which is a lot so the channel owner must be making some decent coin.

What advertisers care about UFOs? I mean Discovery, Destination America, etc didn't seem to have a problem selling ad space on their fake UFO tv shows.

There has to be more to this story.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
No it is not borderline censorship, it is absolute censorship. Yet there are some dodgy vids on YouTube that sexualise or corrupt kids yet even after numerous complaints, they are not demonitised or taken down. Tells you a lot about where YouTube is at.

Demonitizing IS NOT CENSORSHIP.......not sure where you came across that conclusion.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Jefferton

It's their site, they can do what they want. Don't like it? Get a job.

Period.

In that case youtube could cull out anyone with a message they don't agree with and completely and selectively control information and belief would that be right?

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: shawmanfromny

a reply to: shawmanfromny What about the hundreds of other bogus UFO channels on YouTube, that post obvious, fake UFO stories

What about the hundreds of other bogus UFO channels on YouTube, that post obvious, fake UFO stories

Their getting to them don't worry.

Who gets to decide what is fake when we can't all view and have an opinion?

They did not cull the videos. You can still view them, and SecureTeam is free to keep posting them.

YouTube did not take the videos down nor did they restrict anyone's ability to access to SecureTeam's channel. They just took away the money-making advertising from the channel because they felt SecureTeams video titles were intentionally misleading.

Which they are, so youtube is in the right here.

I Stopped watching his videos literally because of the titles and thumbnails. I'll admit, I reported him too. I have no shame in it and I will continue to report anyone with clickbait titles and thumbnails that are false and misleading.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
To be fair some of his video titles are sensationalist, but by no means is he the only offender within that community.

They haven't censored his videos, just de-monetised them.

Shame the kid will have to get a new job but i won't lose sleep over it, essentially he is just putting commentary over other peoples content. Absolutely no original content on that channel.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

originally posted by: Edumakated
It is indirectly censoring by removing the ability to make money from the work.

The inability to profit from fake UFO videos is hardly gonna make ANYONE lose sleep.

I doubt YT even considered 'censorship' as a driving force for this - why would they care a single jot, considering the vast swathes of contentious - and far worse - BS on other channels.

However, I agree with a previous comment that targeting this channel ALONE makes no sense. I've never watched it and will never watch it, but that's beside the point, and doesn't detract from the seemingly unfair one-sidedness of this decision.

LMFAO guys....guys....chill out. Youtube did not "Single him out". You guys have to realize that everything on youtube is driven by algorithms. Humans don't even get involved unless it's a dispute about something the algorithm did. So for people to say he was singled out by youtube is not accurate. he was singled out by someone or a group of people who flagged him for misleading thumbnail and or title which is good because they are misleading. All his videos are misleading in this way. Other "UFO" channels do not mislead with their titles or thumbnails.

If you don't know the difference between a title and thumbnail being relevant to the content and misleading thumbnails and titles to get you to click but doesn't even provide anything related to the title or thumbnail then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm glad he got demonitized, he makes garbage.

Will this "censor him"? no, youtube revenue is probably 20% of the income he gets by making these dumb videos, majority of his income all comes from patreon and merchandise.
edit on 24-5-2019 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This guy is in the hoaxbin for a reason on ATS.
ufotheater.com...

Maybe he should interview ken again..

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Call me paranoid but my take on this is alphabet agencies sponsor these fake channels to bring the subject into disrepute (a bit like lumping in 911 research in with flat earthers) - they then use said channels as a convenient scapegoate to take down all the truly interesting UFO channels.

That's what I'd do anyway.

originally posted by: October

Richard Dolan and Jimmy Church we’re discussing this a few days ago on Richards YouTube Channel regarding censorship.

Good call

Lots of other good UFO channels like this one being affected - as well as ancient megalith and non-religious ones.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
It needed to happen. Censorship? No. Tyler, like just about 90 percent bef YouTubers is an absolute deadbeat criminal. I am sorry but there is NOTHING legal about taking hundreds if not thousands of people's videos and compiling them into a produxt which you makmae a whole lot of money off of. Forget about the fat his attitude isso obscenely entitled as if he earnd his living in the first place... h simply doesn't see anyone could do what he does but nobody else has so little integrity to. we aren't talking censorship we are talking serious plagiarism and theft an violation of international agreements and back in the day no joke he would be hit with a quarter million dollar fine and six months to a year in prison and rightfullyso. I am soickbof these smug little kids on YouTube so proud to be committing crimes and raping th creators of their content of their money.c

What a load of rubbish coming from someone just moaning for the sake of it! For a start, the videos are sent to him, so I do not know what you mean by " taking all these videos"

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: Jefferton
It's their site, they can do what they want. Don't like it? Get a job.

Period.

In that case youtube could cull out anyone with a message they don't agree with and completely and selectively control information and belief would that be right?

Nobody is forcing you to watch youtube. Neither is it a particularly good/reliable source of information, give how bs artists like Secureteam could thrive for so long.

Besides. They are a private business. Their shop, their rules. When you create a youtube account you agree to that rules.

Annoys me that people only agree to this if they are against said channel!

How would you feel if sites like ATS was shut down because of the fake news conspiracy factor? Would that be ok?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Word is he has be re-monetized.
edit on 24-5-2019 by TheGreatWork because: Spelling

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

Hope this is true, but if isn't yet, I believe it will be.
This is a classic censorship without cause case, and he would have won it.

People do not have to watch what they have no interest in.

Goes all the way back to Orson Wells "War of the Worlds", where the PTB realized
exactly how powerful media could be to manipulate the masses.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I saw that as I frequent that site too. YouTube should just go away. There are already other replacements for FB, Twitter and YT. It's only a matter of time and then those who remain behind on those platforms, can pat each other on the back in those echo chambers....while the rest of us get the truth. BitChute.com is a good start at a replacement of YouTube. It's growing.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

Hope this is true, but if isn't yet, I believe it will be.
This is a classic censorship without cause case, and he would have won it.
People do not have to watch what they have no interest in.
Goes all the way back to Orson Wells "War of the Worlds", where the PTB realized
exactly how powerful media could be to manipulate the masses.

I don't agree that it would be censorship if none of the videos were taken down. YouTube did nothing to stop or discourage people from watching the videos, or stop SecureTeam from posting.

I mean, a lot of people have videos on YouTube who do not make money from those videos. SecureTeam not having the ability to make money from a video does not mean their channel cannot still host a video.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I dunno, you'd swear people were being forced to watch his channel, gees, if you don't like it, jog on!
If 2 million people like him, he's doing something right, so what if the titles are clickbait, he finds good stuff!

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I assume demonetizing the channel means that even YouTube won't make money from that channel (from their cut of the advertising on that channel), because they will no longer allow advertising on that channel. Is that correct?

No. I just went on youtube and checked out his channel. First thing I got was an add when I went to watch something. Makes a nice little perk for some accounting office in Youtube, conflict of interest maybe? Wonder what their political affiliation are? Sure most here could make a reasonable guess.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have hear a lot of stories over the years of many very popular people getting the flick, no recourse available. Youtube could easily have millions from all these popular, demonetized accounts. If a lot of these banned people got together and formed a class action. It may provide the motivation required for a more transparent and accountable procedure of dealing with such issues?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
no patreon?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

It’s no valid reason to do this. YouTube is just being cruel here. The guy, sure, posts exotic stuff but it’s no hatred, outright lies, Just opinions no worse than a lot of UFO-related content on YouTube.

Maybe they're getting ready to get rid of all or most of the sites like this.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

That's not going to work. No one has any entitlement to be on anyone's site.

This guy gets an enormous amount of views and actually makes good money I'm sure. I would help but I don't use twitter.
edit on 25-5-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What's funny about this is the right wingers calling censorship and blaming the left, that's so comical it's almost unbelievable.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join