It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Just Demonetized Secureteam10 For Misleading BS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

All these very popular channels that are banned without just cause have spent a lot of time, work and received money for their work. While there have been no official employment documents between the poster and Youtube, there is a business relationship.

Sure Youtube will use its money, time and resources to say no. There is where a class action may have a chance. Many people who have had their financial life messed around by some arbitrary and hazy decision by Youtube. As the information economy grows, so will these problems.

How Youtube has now stolen all of these demonetized artists works, and continue to profit does raise some serious questions of IP law and fair trade. Also makes for a nice little kitty for anyone that can get through.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: Willtell

All these very popular channels that are banned without just cause have spent a lot of time, work and received money for their work. While there have been no official employment documents between the poster and Youtube, there is a business relationship.

Sure Youtube will use its money, time and resources to say no. There is where a class action may have a chance. Many people who have had their financial life messed around by some arbitrary and hazy decision by Youtube. As the information economy grows, so will these problems.

How Youtube has now stolen all of these demonetized artists works, and continue to profit does raise some serious questions of IP law and fair trade. Also makes for a nice little kitty for anyone that can get through.

Hang on a second and please correct me if I'm wrong, this is capitalism right, the business has grown large enough to dictate how its business is ran, if it deems certain contributors unworthy and can do so without affecting the bottom line what's your issue?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My Issue is what is going on in this growing youtube entertainment industry? What sort of line is crossed to have all your content and advertisers still online, but no more money for you? From my guess is is about $50K a year. I don't really know any of the financial details about, but from other cases with similar viewer ships the accountants could have the pressure on them.

Maybe youtube needs some other strategy for higher volume viewers with its costs.

So a person spends years building a profile and viewer ship and is eventually able to make a living out of it. The content is not that offensiveness that it is pulled offline, in fact its quite good and the advertisers have no complaints. However, for reasons not clearly discussed or able to be resolved, no more money for you.

Here is a person working towards a career, has had lot of criticisms along the way but still growing. Now he is fired, some with a long servitude. No notice, no severance, no royalties, now what?

Youtube keeps all the content they provided and keeps making money of it.

This does not pass the smell test for fair trade.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
To be 'demonetized', its a very impersonal term, very much like the process.

In other trades it is called shafting your suppliers.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I can kinda see where you are coming from, but fail to understand why YouTube should be responsible for individuals career decisions.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

To be 'demonetized', its a very impersonal term, very much like the process.

In other trades it is called shafting your suppliers.

YouTube is only supplying an outlet to be heard, the analogy you present doesn't quite fit.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Youtube is responsible for lots of things, billions of dollars, thousands of workers, millions of contributers and a big box with lots of wires. Youtube is a corporate entity that has all the power, when you enter they control it all and say what goes. As long as Youtube abides by community standards in their operating procedures all is good.

If you put up inappropriate content, it gets deleted and you banned, fine. The contributions made to Youtube are an intrinsic part of its creator. While Youtube may claim it has full Intellectual Property ownership of all material uploaded, in practicality these rights are shared with its creator. No matter how hard Youtube tries, they are not the content that secureteam10 made. Youtube just distributes it.

If a music recording company released a CD and did not pay the artist, it is theft.

Youtube is still releasing these demonetized accounts and generating revenue from them. Looks like stealing to me.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Well petty theft isn't out of the realms of business minded folk, hell one runs the most powerful nation on earth.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

One or two times, a few buck here and there, thats petty. Without someone to snap them out of it, it is becoming institutionalized and more systemic.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 2hooitconcerns

Update.

Secureteam10 fully restored .

To all the haters on this site that seems to have some kind of grudge against what he does, i give you a hand signal, yea that one.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I only watch makeup or kitten videos. The makeup could be looked at as advocating obscuring reality but the kittens are pretty straight up.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tjocksteffe

lol

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Some folks are becoming millionaires posting videos on YouTube. If you are a you tuber with a channel that posts on a regular basis that is a full time job.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Correct me if I am wrong but dont contributors have the option of taking their own videos down?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes. As far as I know. Don't know what redundancy systems youTube have.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Youtube is still releasing these demonetized accounts and generating revenue from them. Looks like stealing to me.

If a channel or video is demonetized, I'm not sure how YouTube gets any direct revenue from that channel or video. If they prevent a channel like SecureTeam from including advertising on their channel, then there would be no revenue coming to that channel -- neither for SecureTeam nor for YouTube.

Of course, people who come to YouTube to watch a SecureTeam video might then surf to other videos that DO make money for YouTube, So that's how even a demonetized SecureTeam can help YouTube. However, since there would be no advertisers on the SecureTeam videos, there would be no source of revenue for YouTube directly from a person viewing a demonetized SecureTeam video.

And if SecureTeam wants, they could just take down their videos. SecureTeam has the right to do that, and YouTube could not legally continue to show them (even though they almost certainly still have the technical ability to do so, as copies of the videos would still exist somewhere on their servers).

edit on 5/25/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

**phew**

The world is once more safe, and we can, should we choose, watch faked UFO videos, while he makes money...

I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing that.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
While I agree that YouTube's actions are questionable, this act may give SecureTeam10 the kick up the backside it needs to stop regurgitating content from other channels, making overly-long videos that cover topics of absolute nonsense and come across as the ramblings of a man pre-occupied in trying to big-up the importance of his channel as some kind of public service.

I have no issue with channels making a living from YouTube, as the opportunities it presents are there to be taken. Personally, I feel that lately, ST10 has either just been re-hashing content from ThirdPhaseOfMoon or going off on documentary style topics that have already been widely covered.

Anyway, the channel is back and Tyler can revel in the glory that his fans have come to the fore and forced YouTube's hand. If that is the real reason...or YT and Tyler concocted this between them to boost the channel's viewing. Talk about a conspiracy!!

By the way, the channel "The Wonderful World Of Weirdness" was also mysteriously demonetized and then reinstated. Seems to me like YT is playing mind games with its customers.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

**phew**

The world is once more safe, and we can, should we choose, watch faked UFO videos, while he makes money...

I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing that.

I know you were being mostly sarcastic, but...

Personally I'd rather be able to watch those particular videos without him making money from it -- considering the questionable manner in which he presents and misrepresents the content of them.

There are a lot of videos and channels on YouTube that are not directly generating money. If he truly wants to educate the world about UFOs, then he can do so just as well without his channel being monetized.

Either that, or be a lot be genuine and honest with how he presents his content. If he did that, then I wouldn't mind him profiting from it. However, I feel he would not get as many clicks (and this make less money) if he becomes more genuine and honest in his presentation.

So he likely won't do that.

edit on 5/25/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If he is making money from his videos, good luck to him. He has a lot of fans and subscribers who obviously like his stuff. If you do not like it, do not watch it, simple!

As for all his videos being fake. That is a lie, as his videos are sent to him. Yes, of course some will be fake, but that does not mean they are all fake. Plus a lot of his videos are from well known cases and people. Do not like all his videos, but has some good stuff on there.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join