It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Just Demonetized Secureteam10 For Misleading BS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Don't you realise that everyone who has sent in their videos to Tyler did so with their consent for Tyler to use, knowing that he does receive payment by the accumulative viewer numbers per video, and you then go on to accuse him of plagiarism , obviously you have no idea of what your talking about and have no grasp on how the law works under these circumstances.

The only thing that Tyler is guilty off is offering up his personal interpretation of what might be going on in the videos he posts, if now your saying that is a crime then lets shut down 90% of Youtube.

Tylers site is important in that it allows the Public to report what they see , and its what they see never gets shown on mainstream media outlets.

Whatever you think personally about Tyler is of no consequence , but sites like his should not be allowed to be switched off for some minor Youtube misdemeanor under their "Misleading " rule, if he has transgressed in this rather ambiguous vague manner , which is subjective from the point of view of whoever makes that accusation , then he should be allowed to see their reasoning and be allowed to put his case in response .

Ok if he finds another source of income then he may be able to continue without the monetization , but at the end of the day his site could disappear due to the amount of time he puts into it.

So what's really behind these events, is it really all down to the "Misleading" aspect, seems very odd under what the whole jenra is about in that most of the videos are open to so many interpretations

By the very nature of putting one's interpretation out their is open to the accusation of being "Misleading"

So what's Really Going On .
edit on 24-5-2019 by 2hooitconcerns because: typo

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I'm glad to see this happen.

If he's in it for actually discussing UFO-related news and not just peddling known fake CGI garbage and making money off of it, then he will get a job like the rest of us.
You can run a channel and work for living at the same time.

The cash cow has run out for him.
And I'm happy with youtube's decision.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Seems like the market is open for some group to start a video hosting site.

Yeah it seems #y but it is their business leaves them open to competition.

I think you are on to the way to handle this.

We should call it the 1st Amendment Zone.

There needs to be a place on earth for discussion that allows things to go where ever the it goes. If we don't like it we don't have to go there.

I would cut of Youtube if I had a big following and started at a new site that allowed you to say whatever.
Free speech is being stomped out and even if I don't have any faith in UFOlogist, I have faith that free speech is the right way to be going.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

YouTube and Google have been clamping down for a while now, annoying for the user because you have to search more beyond the mainstream crap to find what you're looking for.

With that being said, I have always hated SecureTeam, it's like a digital tabloid posting hoax UFO videos with dramatic headlines.

Should never rely on posting videos to YouTube as a sole income, especially when they can be construed as misleading

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

they make money with fakevideos. kick em!

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What i think scares him more is he will have to get a real job.
That is not going to be easy for someone like Tyler Madea

nvm i see set-up a Patreon for money.. I mean donations

Also why do people say " They or Them" when talking about secureteam10?
It's one guy at home on a laptop

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but SecureTeam wasn't Banned. Their channel is still there and the videos are still all available to be watched, and the channel can upload new videos as it pleases.

It's my understanding that this action by YouTube only makes it so SecureTeam can't make money from YouTube by YouTube allowing advertising on the channel.

If SecureTeam's mission is to expose the world to various UFO videos in hopes to present evidence of alien visitation, then I think they could do so without making money from it. A lot of people/organizations post videos on YouTube and don't make money from it.

EDIT TO ADD:
I assume demonetizing the channel means that even YouTube won't make money from that channel (from their cut of the advertising on that channel), because they will no longer allow advertising on that channel. Is that correct?

edit on 5/24/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
exactly as the op says,for misleading titles and fake videos and news,so in essence Tyler was copy pasting 5 6 videos from various sources and cgis and was making money all the while screaming "ufo here ufo there" as do many yt channels which will follow the same road,It was about time

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Youtube has just demonetized my ENTIRE channel for no reason, leaving me with no way to support myself,

Get a job?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If you tube is going to demonetize a channel for being misleading then they need to shut down probably 90% of the left leaning channels.

My issue with YouTube is their policies seem arbitrary and inconsistent.

I'm predicting a better video sharing platform is going to develop in response.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Youtube has just demonetized my ENTIRE channel for no reason, leaving me with no way to support myself,

Get a job?

Or he can make his video titles less misleading.

Then again, maybe he's afraid of making his titles less misleading because fewer people would be fooled into opening them, thus making less money for him?

edit on 5/24/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Good.

He needs to get a real job and contribute to society instead of fleecing the poor mental cases who think the moon is a soul sucking machine and the earth is hollow and et is real..

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Something weird is going on. I clicked on this twice and got two different threads. If this is true, this is wrong. Censorship to keep control and keep the lid on everything.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

No shortage of Youtubers asking for handouts seems all have like 10 min of violin music,and how they work hard,then young kids rebuild Lambo's high dollar cars ,they make bank,but Tyler has posted some BS,like when he said MIA were watching him,it was a green chevy trailblazer,think they would do better,all about the bucks

Not much different than our elected officials and MSM talking heads, right? I am not for censorship of any kind, however if we are going to go down this slope where we are right now where Multi National Corporations decided what TRUTH we are allowed to see, where will that end? I suggest you read or refresh yourself with the novel 1984.

Youtube doesn't seem to have issues running commercials from scammers telling you how to get rich quick, so I find it hard to believe they give a damn about people knowing fact from fiction.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Its not borderline censorship.

It IS censorship.

And it will only get worse as the 2020 election nears. We will be living in a near complete news and information blackout. The only "news" and information will be the approved MSM political line and endless Public Service announcements. If you used to be a news hound, there will be no reason to get out of bed in the morning.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

It IS censorship.

And it will only get worse as the 2020 election nears. We will be living in a near complete news and information blackout. The only "news" and information will be the approved MSM political line and endless Public Service announcements. If you used to be a news hound, there will be no reason to get out of bed in the morning.

They are free to make as many crap videos as they want, they just won't get paid.
Claiming censorship or clinging to politics, isn't relevant here. But, I'm not surprised to see certain people doing it.
edit on 24-5-2019 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

It IS censorship.

They are free to make as many crap videos as they want, they just won't get paid.
Claiming censorship or clinging to politics, isn't relevant here. But, I'm not surprised to see certain people doing it.

If people are freely paying to advertise on videos, why should youtube care?

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I occasionally watch his channel out of curiosity regarding how he will approach certain topics, and I don't believe most of his content, but I absolutely disagree with the idea of demonitorizing a channel just because its content is fake.

If it turns out that he really was demonitorized for fake content, then it sets a dangerous precedent. Youtube should concern itself more with taking down videos used to bully or harass people.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

A lot of people, myself included watch these videos for entertainment purposes. We like the idea of what they represent, rather than believe their content. It's like watching one of those "found footage" horror movies. We know that it's not real but we like to imagine that it might be.

Youtube should in no way treat fake UFO videos the same way as fake videos claiming to represent main stream news stories.

There is a world of difference between a fake video claiming that a politician is a shape shifting space lizard and fake video claiming that a politician is taking bribes.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

It IS censorship.

Nothing has been censored.

The channel is still there on YouTube. All the videos are still there on YouTube. SecureTeam can continue uploading videos to their YouTube channel.

YouTube owns YouTube and they have the right to not have money-making advertising on certain videos or channels on their site if they don't want those certain videos or channels to be associated with money-making advertising.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join