It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question. . . Who has changed their mind on the subject of abortion?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No I refuted the idea that just because mommy and daddy are human doesn't assure that a baby the have won't have a DNA strain that deviates far enough from what we consider to be a new species.

You literally just defined evolution the exact way I did. It has never happened in recorded history.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSteppenwolf

One thing that is ironic is the right-wing asking for big government intervention into someone's personal choice, while the left demands they stay away. Can't someone oppose abortion without demanding the government meddle in someone's personal choice?

Roe vs. Wade is Federal. Are you seriously claiming that the Federal government is smaller than state governments?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

With all the talk of children being everything from a punishment to a burden to whatever... I am really starting to get concerned so many people seem to have been made to feel they were such a punishment or burden on their parents. How else could someone get the idea that children, the joy of life itself for many of us, are such terrible things if they themselves had not been told that in their youth?

I fear for what we have allowed to happen to our children.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

edit on 18-5-2019 by spincycle because: because nevermind

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have not changed my view, which has always been:

1. I am personally pro-life. Nobody knows when a fetus transitions from a blob of cells into a conscious human. So I advise those around me who have the dilemma to have the child and let someone childless adopt it.
  2. This is a personal decision by a probable mother, with input from her church, family, and friends. It should not the role of the government to dictate a one-size-fits-all decision.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I grew up democrat and voted for obama and was always pro choice, until i saw my first child on the ultra sound then i shifted towards pro life, and for each subsequent child i have become steadfast that no baby should be killed in the womb. No one has the right to l destroy that child and those that support it tend to be extremely hypocritical self rightous pricks

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: dawnstar

Additionally, with autism rates continually rising (even after mercury was removed from vaccines) and nobody able to find out why and the governments failing to keep up with any real and effective assistance. What you describe as non-human may be the future of the intellectually handicapped becoming the norm for humanity.

Autism is a misnomer and being broadly applied to normal children and the parents do not refute it as most go apply for disability and then continually encourage bad behavior i see it everyday where i work. Inattentive parents who do not want to devote time to the child.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

That poll is not reliable at all. The way the question is worded "do you think abortion should be?" combined with the multiple choice answers "legal/illegal in all cases, most cases" leaves a lot of room for ambiguity.
First, most people believe that a large number of abortions take place for legitimate reasons. Meaning, life of mother, rape, or incest. When that actually makes up less than one percent of abortions. The rest are for convenience. This misunderstanding of the data leads to the large number of "most cases" response.

Second, there is no option for "some cases" or more overtly "only in cases of rape/incest/life of mother" which is a position that most people are familiar with and would provide a starting point to quantify their position.

Third, the number of people who responded "in all cases" was only 25%. So people favoring some sort of restrictions or an outright ban, actually make up 75% of the population.

Fourth, they never identify their sampling. So it's impossible to know if this is even an accurate representation of america.

But again, the poll doesn't clarify what each position represents so drawing any real conclusions from it is a waste of time.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RsaWarhawk

Autism is real. I've seen cases of it, but I'm not sure I like the idea of "spectrum" which sort of makes me think some parents are looking for labels for their kids who are a little bit weird.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

This is a personal subject for me I am Totally against it unless the mother is threatened with a horrible death. Other than that as far as I'm concerned it's always the WRONG person being aborted, do with that as you will.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I think I've changed my mind...

Even women that have a miscarriage should be prosecuted for murder. After all it's her body that attacked and killed the fetus.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
edit on 19-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
As my politics shifted to the right... so did my thoughts about abortion. I have seen the emotional damage that attends many abortions fairly close up.

Years ago, I saw a bumper sticker that said "If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a Sacrament."

I would like to say that is not true... but it's kind of true... even't if somewhat irrelevant to how God's creation was formed.

Women, in many ways, have advantages in their makeup that have served the survival of the species well.

Getting pregnant is a choice... (assault aside). As backward as some of the social mores of 50 to 100 years ago may seem, many of the societal and cultural "taboos" are psychodynamically an evolution of protections built into to societies to preserve physical, mental and spiritual well being of individuals and the societies themselves.

The systematic deconstruction of the Judaeo Christian tenets of Western Civilization, in western societies in general, have been catastrophic to the West, and to America in particular, regards to a great many issues that thinking persons might ponder as "moral" issues.

Because of the politicization of morality positions, and people's revolt against their own guilt and conscience, they have moved en-masse to replace the Judeo Christian God, with the God of The State.

Say that, and and post-modernist leftists will act all offended and say it ain't so. But that's primarily because that belief ideology framework has attendant explanations and justifications that are designed to sound like empathy and lofty morality... even though in with types of systems, compliance is garnered at the end of a rifle barrel.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The right to abort should be legal.

What's next? Are they going to charge women with involuntary manslaughter if they have a miscarriage?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

Like El Salvadore? I wouldn't put it past them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join