It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What everyone missed in Game of Thrones S8E5 SPOILERS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Again...

SPOILERS...

In the latest episode of GOT dany went full blown mad queen and burned kings landing...AFTER THEY SURRENDERED...

The show is portraying the situation as if dany just snapped, but I don’t think so...

I think the slaughter was planned...

Previous to the battle dany tells greyworm “when you get my signal, you know what to do..” all ominously..

Athe show wants the audience to think that dany burning through a city gate , breaching the walls and allowing dany s forces to charge inside was the signal and greyworm charging his response.

I don’t think so..

I think the ominous order to grey worm was because she was always planning on burning the city.. at least after mellisandras and viserions’s death’s..

i think dany told greyworm that They were gonna burn them all... he only hesitated to see if dany changed her mind when the bells rang.. once she continued the attack. So did he..

Once

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think people just want more GoT and therefor a lot of people is just in a general bad mood and extra critical.

I wish there was a new episode everyday for the rest of my life

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

This final season has been incredibly rushed.

However the seeds for Dany going full savage have been around for a while.

She killed the all the Khal's in a locked hut, she killed all the slave masters and crucified them, Sams father and brother. She is ruthless.

And now with the death of her two closest friends, death of two dragons, Sansa telling everyone about Jons heritage, Very's betrayal, Tyrions obvious shifty loyalty and failures, along with Jon spurning her. She has her back to the wall. And when her back is to the wall, that's when people burn.

"I spent my life in foreign lands. So many men have tried to kill me, I don't remember all their names. I have been sold like a broodmare. I've been chained and betrayed, raped and defiled. Do you know what kept me standing through all those years in exile? Faith. Not in any gods. Not in myths and legends. In myself. In Daenerys Targaryen. The world hadn't seen a dragon in centuries until my children were born. The Dothraki hadn't crossed the sea. Any sea. They did for me. I was born to rule the Seven Kingdoms, and I will."
―Daenerys Targaryen to Jon Snow[src]

edit on 13-5-2019 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I agree GOT has been wavering on crap for the last 2 seasons, and over the last 2 episodes, her own servants leave her cup of coffee on a table and she flips out by turning King's Landing into a dry roasted Starbucks, who's writing this rubbish?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I love the smell of cordite and scorched earth, and the screams of terrorists in the morning with my coffee ;-)

Oh wait, that was real life lol. I didn't think Danny was going to be written in as snapping, I think it was a mistake. It looks like they had to rush the plot line to end up with Jon Snow as the single ruler with Danny dead. I am just not sure who will kill her, Tyrian, Alya or Jon.... or?

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, we didn't actually see Jamie or Cerci die, did we?
No.
They might crawl up from the rubble...

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Cersei never surrendered.

She still thought she was going to win.

Tyrion betrayed Danerys to free Jamie.

It's a good thing they got crushed.

They would have sailed to Braavos and started the snip all over again.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It did feel a bit like a jump when she killed everyone but I enjoyed the episode. It is what it is. Just a show.. A thousand different scenarios could have happened for season 8. Lets just enjoy what we got.
edit on 13-5-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein
It seemed like they were there to die together. A poetic end. Can't see them sailing off into the distance and forgetting everything, but who knows...

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
My guess at episode 6.

Dany kills Tyrion herself for his betrayal (or Bronn saves him?).
Arya will attempt to kill Dany and fail.
Dany will sentence her to death by dragon.
Jon will kill Drogon before he can toast Arya.
Jon, Arya and all the men of the Northern army are slaughtered by the Unsullied and Dthroaki.
Dany goes bat spit crazy and heads north to destroy Winterfell and kill Sansa.
Up north with no dragon Dany, the Unsullied and the Dthroaki are surrounded and killed by Sansa and Wildings and Yara and the Ironborn.

Sansa will be Queen, Sam will be the Hand and Brienne will be the Queensguard.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

What a waste of a once brilliant show.

Well done dumb & dumber.
Now they can go burn Star Wars to the ground just like GoT.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I am cool with all the end results, but these character transitions were absolutely rushed...

They build up these slow methodical character arcs over years, then flip them in less than 2 episodes..

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I agree ..

For me dany going evil was obvious, narratively..

The big bad is always the most powerful piece on the table..

Dany has been the most powerful piece since right after the dragons were born.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
On the one hand: _I cannot kill an innocent child
On the other hand: _Burn them all, they kill Missandei!

Other things which annoyed me to no end:

Huge and Legendary Golden Legion: *waves away* be gone!
Unsullied: *kills surrendered enemy* *surprise mass-recruitment*
Northerners: *get into mass-raping* *surprise mass-recruitment*
Jamie: *completely forgives his sister*
Kingsguards: *get killed by two swings to their breastplates*
Varys: *speaks very loud about his treachery*
Davos: *where does he direct those people to go to?* *major task: bring a small boat to the shore, as you are the master-smuggler himself*
Euron: *materialize for a completely useless fight*
Scorpions: *nobody sees a huge dragon closing in* *everyone lost their glasses and those crosshairs are just sooo tiny*

Nice things:

Cleganebowl.
The Hound himself.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

GRRM...(the author)

Lol

It is the speed of these last character flips that makes it seem contrived..

They took 7 seasons setting up an arc , then flip it in 1.5 episodes..

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Just UGGG. Should have never started reading the books first, and he should have finished them before making this show.

On this season?
Why didn't the golden company fight for Dany? The new leader was in love with her, right?

What the heck happened to the dragon eggs Tyrion found? (was that in the book?)

Aryia absolutely should have been the one to kill Cersi. How could they NOT give her a brutal death? Copout!

I agree that this whole season has been rushed. They spent so many seasons, building up even little details, to ruin it.

At this point, I hope Aryia kills them all. LOL

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Why didn't the golden company fight for Dany? The new leader was in love with her, right?

You're thinking of Daario and his mercenaries, The Second Sons.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thats some season 9 stuff.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This just further confirms what I've been observing across my life --

It's just plain easier to magnificently get people into trouble than it is to elegantly get them out of it.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

ah - the utter condesending arrogance of presuming to know what " everyone " missed and proceeding to tell us - cos hey - you is th only one who spotted " it "

top topics

<<   2 >>

join