It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about some new numbers on the scale of our universe.. Even some E.T thrown in for good measure

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Everytime there's a double post on ATS, it's the result of two separate resultant universes being created. The primary and a branch universe. Somehow, the glitch allows us to see the post as it appears in each, simultaneously.

I know a physicist working to prove it, right now.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

S&F

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: 727Sky
Now the guess is 400 billion with ten to fifty billions of planets with liquid water residing in what is called the Goldilocks Zone in our galaxy alone.

Makes you wonder how anyone can question life elsewhere. And then you get to try to understand if a planet it 10 times bigger than Earth would it's inhabitants be the same general size as us, or much larger?

Bio mechanics favor Earth-sized planet's gravity for upright organisms like us. Structure of muscles, bones, vertebrae, skulls and the like cannot simply be scaled up, no more than you can build buildings 1000s of feet tall of masonry. Even the thermal dynamics of large body mass have upper limits for heat dissipation, with the biology we are familiar with. Otherwise, high gravity means squirming pancake-worm life forms.

Submerged, gravity is not such a factor. So, in an ocean world, living organisms can get more massive, even with stronger gravity.
edit on 13-5-2019 by FlyingFox because: fin

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If the universe were infinite, the night sky would be white.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: BlackIbanez

I think almost everyone has thought that at one point or the other..

Nucleus look like a sun and electrons planets, but apparently that doesn’t actually work mathematically or what have you..

I have seen multiple big wig physicist completely dismiss the idea... like it doesn’t work at all

With respect,I have trouble believing that "almost everyone" has had this thought, I believe such concepts would never occur to the reality TV addicted masses.
Mathematics can indeed replicate and explain multiple phenomena, there are also many things that exist in a place far beyond formulas and equations,
As for the opinions of the "bigwig physicists", I'd say that any of them that have the wisdom to match their intellect would concede that we still only have a primitive understanding of the actual mechanics of our incredible universe.
In fact some quantum physicists have theorized that there are indeed multiple universes and that every action/decision we make creates a new split universe.
Perhaps those universes created are the cells that make up our physical bodies, as we grow and experience life we could even contain within us every one of our personal eventualities as a complete universe.
Sometimes we take for granted just how incredibly complex and amazing our existence is!

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7

originally posted by: 727Sky
Now the guess is 400 billion with ten to fifty billions of planets with liquid water residing in what is called the Goldilocks Zone in our galaxy alone.

Makes you wonder how anyone can question life elsewhere. And then you get to try to understand if a planet it 10 times bigger than Earth would it's inhabitants be the same general size as us, or much larger?

Another post by someone who has done absolutely NO research on the possibility of ET-life.

other than an idiotic post, what do you have to offer as backup to your superior attitude?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

I have never heard that would you care to elaborate as to the why and how ?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Negative señor, infinite space is greater (I.e. more volume) than what’s filled in it, that’s why you see more dark. Nothingness (space) doesn’t give off light.
edit on 14-5-2019 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Truly fascinating stuff, 10-50 BILLION planets in this solar system alone with water and rocky surfaces. Multiply that by the sheer numbers of galaxies and it becomes mind boggling.

At this point, how can anyone not believe intelligent life exists somewhere out there?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Another condescending post from someone with zero understanding that people would think much more highly of you if you offered an explanation instead of being condescending.

That's why we're here isn't it? For DISCUSSION. Research it.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Makes you wonder how anyone can question life elsewhere.

So you think that just because a planet is kind of like Earth and has liquid water life will pretty much automatically pop up on it? Just spring up (somehow) out of a pond or tide pool? Somehow water and the total number of these planets combine to create life in some way?

Interesting theory.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That's not how it works. If the universe is actually expanding, as many people think, then there is a balance point where there are stars so far away from us and are moving so fast away from us that the light from them will never reach us. So you can look directly at one of these stars but all you'll see is "blackness" because the light never made it here.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Sounds about right blue lol .
going by what we know of earth .
this planet probably evolved life many times before things settled down enough for life to not be wipped out .

Going by the knowledge that comets have the building blocks of life and planets are hit by them then YES any planet warm enough and yadda yadda will evolovelife .

Heck even earth has a few life form hardy enough to cross between planets and live to tell the tale .

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Going by the knowledge that comets have the building blocks of life and planets are hit by them then YES any planet warm enough and yadda yadda will evolovelife .

How do inanimate water and rocks and chemicals "evolve?"

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I would say that if life can happen here, it stands to reason it can happen elsewhere.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
I would say that if life can happen here, it stands to reason it can happen elsewhere.

"Can" of course, but "did?" Since we can't prove a negative, we'll either find aliens... or not.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

It is!

Except the fact it is so old and so far away we can’t see it with our eyes.

We call it the, “cosmic microwave background radiation”. And we have only recently had the technology to take measurements of it.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

How could you not draw a comparison?!?!

Where else do you have orbits, period??

Planets and atoms.. that’s it.

I’m pretty sure the theory has a name and likely wiki page..

You believe there are things beyond formulas and such..

By definition there is no proof anything like that even exists..

But we are not taking about something vague..

We are talking about something very specific..

“Could atoms be solar systems/galaxies”

I am not claiming to understand the math, but I could see how the math could tell you if that were feasible, roughly...

And apparently, according to the people who know how to do that level of math. It doesn’t work..

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

"Can" of course, but "did?" Since we can't prove a negative, we'll either find aliens... or not.

LOL, yes, captain obvious, therein lies the conundrum. We are left with speculation, discussion, and fuzzy out of focus pictures.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
Planets and atoms.. that’s it.

Electrons in atoms don't really have orbits. They have energy shells in which the electron kind of bounces around randomly and can best be described as a probability, since locating the electron in the shell changes its position. That whole observer determined reality thing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join