It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Governor & Illegal Aliens & A Snapshot of Homelessness in California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
By the Public Policy Institute of California

So as California goes so goes The Country? Nah, not for me. But for Governor Gavin Newsom he's all about allowing Sanctuary cities for illegal aliens. So whats up with this Governor? Is it his religion? Does he want to become knighted? All I know from what is published is that he isn't helping the state of California's US citizens. No not even close.

As reported:

Last year’s count revealed that about 130,000 Californians were homeless—nearly a quarter of the national total.

Nearly 1/4 of all total homeless in the USA are in California and hes running around bashing Trump on immigration. He seems to have issues.

www.ppic.org...

In late January communities around the country conducted a point-in-time count of their homeless populations. Federally mandated by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, these estimates help local, state, and federal governments allocate resources and track progress toward the goal of ending homelessness. Last year’s count revealed that about 130,000 Californians were homeless—nearly a quarter of the national total. California’s rate of homelessness, 33 per 10,000 residents, was among the highest in the country. After rising 14% from 2016 to 2017, the total number of homeless Californians declined slightly (by 1%) from 2017 to 2018. Homelessness decreased in many of California’s major urban areas, including in four of the five counties with the largest homeless populations: Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Clara, and Alameda. However, even with these decreases homelessness remains a huge problem. Los Angeles County alone recorded nearly 50,000 homeless people. The other nine counties with the largest homeless populations reported between 2,300 and 8,600 people experiencing homelessness. And many areas across the state saw increases in the number of homeless people.

I mean look at what the LA Times is writing about Malibu and HOLLYWOOD!

www.latimes.com...

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

edit on 2-5-2019 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 2-5-2019 by Waterglass because: revised

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hey Governor, we have so many homeless here, are you going to do something about it?
Governor: no not now, im so busy hating Trump

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I live in a sanctuary city in California. The homeless are causing big trouble here. They break and enter into homes and businesses. They cause fires like crazy here. Last week they cause a blackout of a large portion of my city after burning down a giant lumber yard, plastics factory, and other businesses. They camp along the river, and along streets and scatter large piles of rubbish and litter everywhere. They even murder people here. Their colonies are infested with meth and heroin needles. Sexual favors for drugs is an every day thing. They sit in front of businesses and ask for money, and get angry if you don't give them some.
Enough is enough!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

What I found unique is all of the notable FACTUAL articles on the subject from areas in California but none are picked up by the MSM. None. Also nothing on ATS. So I launched a Thread. I don't listen to Limbaugh or Hannity or Carlson or any others but WTF.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

As bad as it is, addiction is everywhere but America a social disease. In Finnland(?) they have social housing even for them. Where they learn to function in a community again. That's how much these people have given up.
They help them with their papers so that they have some money.

The only way out is Nirvana. That's how much they want to leave this reality. Goes down to alcohol that reason and goes up to Fenthanyl. That's just true.
People do drugs to alter their mind, to breathe a little, to have a different perspective about their life, take it easy for a couple of hours, things like that.
Addiction starts when all you want is that different reality, that's why some substances are worse than others.
Take Meth. It makes you totally euphoric. That's high points for being gigantically addictive. Plus it physically eats people up. Just a bad drug.
But people are naive or uninformed and take it. That's why opiods are bad for you, high points on the very enjoyable side of the scale. Plus it gets hooked into your body.
By that point it also becomes a physical disease.
Those homeless people are to me the equivalent of cancer patients wandering the streets.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It's about money. If you don't think these politicians aren't getting payoffs of some kind to turn a blind eye to the influx of illegal aliens, then you just don't want to see it.

Reports say El Chapo paid off the ex president of Mexico with about $100,000,000. It's not a stretch to think the cartels are doing the same with some of these elite politicians.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I live in a sanctuary city in California. The homeless are causing big trouble here. They break and enter into homes and businesses. They cause fires like crazy here. Last week they cause a blackout of a large portion of my city after burning down a giant lumber yard, plastics factory, and other businesses. They camp along the river, and along streets and scatter large piles of rubbish and litter everywhere. They even murder people here. Their colonies are infested with meth and heroin needles. Sexual favors for drugs is an every day thing. They sit in front of businesses and ask for money, and get angry if you don't give them some.
Enough is enough!

It doesn't sound like much of a sanctuary to me.

Gee, you mean everyone living in California isn't a delusional Democrat?
edit on 2-5-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Ha ha, the schadenfreude runs deep at the sight of suffering Californians. The only thing more rewarding than watching the State that saddled the US with Pelosi and Feinstein and Obamacare suffer homelessness, and hopefully plunging home prices and horrendous rates of crime is watching the wild fires burn up the Progressives each year.

God Bless the Santa Anna winds!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well all the homeless is your fault (keep shouting it's not and you might believe it). YOU wanted higher wages, YOU wanted expensive property (driving even the lower housing out of poor peoples range). They are a problem but YOU caused it, so YOU do something about it not pass the buck.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Have you ever considered.............MOVING?

But then again.........what do you expect when you continually elect Democrat jerks to public office? I mean, its actually weird, Californians complain about the spectacle unfolding across the state, but double down on dumb at the ballot box.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Adam Corolla exposed that phoney Newsome a long time ago. He is the absolute epitome of a slimy politician.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Enough is enough!

Only the major cities are Democrat strongholds.

However, them thar hills and rural counties are full of Patriots.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Well all the homeless is your fault (keep shouting it's not and you might believe it). YOU wanted higher wages, YOU wanted expensive property (driving even the lower housing out of poor peoples range). They are a problem but YOU caused it, so YOU do something about it not pass the buck.

I see that you can actually see correctly. I wonder if some of the big city people need some kind of special glasses instead of looking in the mirror all day long..

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Enough is enough!

Nope!
Surely not me. Im a Centrist with a slight lean to the right.

edit on 2-5-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Have you ever considered.............MOVING?

But then again.........what do you expect when you continually elect Democrat jerks to public office? I mean, its actually weird, Californians complain about the spectacle unfolding across the state, but double down on dumb at the ballot box.

You who?
Its not me electing them. I saw Mexicans in the voting booths who couldn't speak English, getting translation and being coached to vote for Hillary. Imagine that!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I live in the suburbs of L.A. There's been about a 500% explosion in our local homeless population which is bad enough, but downtown it's insane.

Every few years my family likes to spend a Sunday down in Chinatown and Olvera Street, which are about 4 blocks apart. Well 2 weeks ago we went and for the first time there wasn't a single walking route between the two where the sidewalk wasn't filled with tents and homeless addicts. It was disgusting - my daughter almost puked when we came upon a large puddle of diarrhea in the middle of the sidewalk. We won't be going back until this city cleans house, starting with the Mayor's office.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yeah, tell me about it. Im up north of you. I used to drive over to Dublin, and hop on the BART train with my mountain bike. Id get off in the center of San Francisco, and ride my bike up and down the hills, and across the Golden Gate. I wouldn't do that now. Its disgusting what liberal politics do to a city. It is truly third world politics, bent on selling out for personal gain through ill gotten votes. Lust for power at everyone elses expense!

originally posted by: underpass61

I live in the suburbs of L.A. There's been about a 500% explosion in our local homeless population which is bad enough, but downtown it's insane.

Every few years my family likes to spend a Sunday down in Chinatown and Olvera Street, which are about 4 blocks apart. Well 2 weeks ago we went and for the first time there wasn't a single walking route between the two where the sidewalk wasn't filled with tents and homeless addicts. It was disgusting - my daughter almost puked when we came upon a large puddle of diarrhea in the middle of the sidewalk. We won't be going back until this city cleans house, starting with the Mayor's office.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I wish the Governor was a better person, but this is the same man who cheated on his wife that he committed to. He cheated with his best friends wife. He doesn't seem to honor any relationships. He seems to care only for himself, and his own instant gratification at the expence of those around him....

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Enough is enough!

Nope!
Surely not me. Im a Centrist with a slight lean to the right.

I used to be close to the center but off to the left. I finally saw the light and converted. I should actually say I saw the Right, I was blinded by my beliefs and couldn't see that being slightly right is better than where I used to be.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

California is a remarkably conservative state, and not just in places like Orange County. It is at its core a mostly agricultural state, and California farmers are like farmers anywhere else.

That being said, California still suffers from the time when conservative Ronald Reagan gutted the mental health system and forced thousands of people who needed real help out onto the streets to fend for themselves.

Mental health. Drug treatment. Minimal safety and health care. It's like the weather. Everybody talks about it but nobody does anything about it. Yeah, it costs money. But is it more expensive than everybody having to put security systems on their homes or keep these people revolving in and out of overstressed government programs?

We're slowly chipping away at that insanely expensive and wrongheaded War on Drugs. Now take some of that money and either cure these folks or at least get them into a place (not a prison) where they can do drugs until they die (or get better) and not continue to be a dangerous burden to ordinary citizens.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join