It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellenic Polytheist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

We are all in ATS because we started out looking for the truth about something.

Actually, I came to ATS to assist another member straighten people out.
That didn't work quite as planned.
I wasn't straightened out yet my own self.
Too many unresolved issues.
Realized what a cloistered parochial* life I had lived,
wherein the outstanding questions were very limited in scope.

This is an encounter with a strange intelligence. It's not an exercise, it is here.

Yes. ATS opens up a view of so many different viewpoints from so many different people.

What name you give your pet is you business, and yours alone.

Because your tutelary deity is yours, mine is mine. Okay, perhaps read the His Dark Materials trilogy or watch The Golden Compass. It's all right there.

I should just stop rather than ramble. This has already taken me like an hour to write.

*Parochial (unsophisticated focus on local concerns to the exclusion of wider contexts).
very strange that the root Hellenistic Greek παροικία (paroikía, “stay in a foreign land”) is almost the oposite meaning, like expat.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I used to make jokes about dirty socks (bias) and a clean laboratory (mind).
You just can't take this stuff so seriously. I wish we would develop into a society where we really play with "it", but it has so many fears attached. If it would want to kill us why waste 2000 years? And lots of other unsolved questions.
I believe in it's structure it's more like a mushroom if you want to compare it to something biological.
The peeks of concentrated energy it makes are UFO.
Mostly it's just a background noise. But it tells a story if you engage with it (?), have fun with it. Try intuitive navigation. See what happens if you get an inner dialogue going. There is a story waiting to be told.

That's another point I was trying to make, I believe it can affect everybody and it does, if one is aware of it or not. It doesn't need to give you a big event to get you hooked up.
It's something you are born with.
But nobody knows what it is.

That's a little bit stupid. And we have to leave the conventional "truths", to figure out what it is.

I like to ramble.
You're invited to try it. Your thoughts are welcome

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Oh I did not say he was not worth listening I merely said I disagreed with a point he had, I am quite sure that if I continued listening and had not been busy with other things, there would be other points I would agree with. Beyond that I kind of forgot who he was or is. Was he the mushrooms guy? Or was that somebody else, a guy with a much cooler hat.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

He is also the mushroom guy. But all his talks point to: another in intelligence is waiting to get in touch with us. Earth.
It might actually be quite the zoo.
But it all makes me confident to say there are intelligences operating on your mind. Even your gut is against you.
And the praise to the vegetables.
I just like the way he talks. Plus he has thought about what he talks about.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
He is also the mushroom guy.

Those certain mushrooms elicit a premature awakening. McKenna saw reality, but was materialistic in his perspective on what was actually happening. If materialism gave rise to the spiritual infinitude, then the radio created radio waves.
edit on 8-5-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

A calculated dose of materialism wouldn't hurt the spiritual people. And vice versa.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   

A calculated dose of materialism wouldn't hurt the spiritual people. And vice versa.

For sure. If it wasn't for a radio, how could we take advantage of radio waves? Or maybe we are just missing - entirely - the ability of our natural capabilities to perceive higher and lower frequencies to communicate with and integrate us with the whole. Or not, idk, back to TV? Thinking is difficult

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   

It's not radio waves. People who hear voices are not what I would like to focus on.
But it surely knows how to steer you and your attention.
Go back to sleep with your TV on.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   

It's not radio waves.

metaphors aren't literal. Regardless, what do you have against radio waves?

People who hear voices are not what I would like to focus on.

Are you deaf?

But it surely knows how to steer you and your attention.

gross

Go back to sleep with your TV on.

why would you wish that on me?

<< 3  4  5   >>

join