It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellenic Polytheist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

God created us with imperfections. Whether it is one or many gods your own strength will be limited by how much you hate your creator for creating you with imperfections. It's only when we accept our imperfections and work with our limitations then we are open to the possibility of becoming fully realized with our potentials.

Life is full of suffering and frustration. It always could be worse than you imagine. You could be living in New Jersey.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Rapha

Everything you believe in is a lie. I tell you that from my personal experience.
I don't know what the truth is, but rapture and all that crap will never happen.

Contrary to right wing Republican mythology opinions can NEVER be lies.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

I often wonder if people were made predominantly right handed to keep them predominantly left brained.
Because of the two driving forces of human history, religion and capitalism.
edit on 28-4-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Childish...and take it from a living breathing Ellinas, you ever go visit the places of worship of any of those gods and you happen to pick Greece for it, take either of your attitudes through customs and into Athina, Sounion, Delos, Lesbos, Patmos, Athos or Meteora and I can guarantee you will be asked to leave the country immediately...so disrespectful to the ancients and the Orthodox.
edit on 4/29/2019 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You sound like an unhappy, bitter, egocentric, narcissist who needs a different god to justify or appease or maybe even justify yourself from day to day. Do what you want but you are definitely not growing or evolving. If anything and since you subscribe to that chain of thought I would say your thoughts are devolutions.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

I am bitter and childish, yet it is you people who are uncapable to understand what the OP is really saying and come here with hatefull judgments instead of a statement to open a discussion.

You, all of you here are wonderful proof that ATS has been overran by intellectually starved people with closed minds and hearts. Plus you take yourself way to serious.
Read the OP again, what is the topic here really meant to be?
It is clear as day I thought and I see nothing that speaks for devolution when I say I reject a culture of hierarchy. Quite the opposite I think celebrating individuality and freedom to choose is quite modern.
You on the other hand are so 2000 years ago

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Cognitive Dissonance much???

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

The problem that you don't get it is yours, not mine.
What I don't get is why you all get so insulting over a little thought I had? Did I attack you?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

People don't care how much one knows when they know how much one cares.

I am not insulted, and I actually prefer to be wrong about things. This debate turned from a thread of spirituality to an insult fest. Attack me? No, but your posts would indicate attacks on quite a few readers and responders. People aren't judging this book by its cover... they stopped reading when they seen what value inside the book offered in return.

Good luck establishing hierarchy and rejecting a culture of hierarchy at the same time.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Religions and believes be they spiritual or other are like foods, or to be more precise preferences in foods.

That is to say some people like Chinese take out, and others like Italian Restaurants, while yet others prefer the quick burger and fries on the go. And off course, like foods, some people like bacon, while other think its bad for you, and some even evil.

So either way, its a taste preference. And when you have had you fill of one, your likely to move to another, it is not only human nature, but nature period. If humans were to life for a few thousand years, they would have there fill of them all enough to puke. But they don't, and so.

A preference between monotheism and polytheism is not more of importance or life changing then when a kid first thinks pikachu is the best Pokemon of them all, but then later stumbles upon Mew and changes his mind. And atheism? Well there like the goth kids who think thats its cool to not be like everybody else, so they end up changing themselfs to not be like everybody else, and just like everybody else does.

After all you cant have a believe that a god or gods don't exist, without first having a concept that god or gods, one leads into the other.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Thank you. I was prepared for more abuse when I saw there was a reply, but that was probably the first intelligent comment in this thread.
You're right of course, I just like to think many turn atheist because the riddle is unsolvable and not everybody is happy with just slapping a label on it as if that would explain something. Religions don't provide any answers just rules and justifications which are mostly irrational.
Personally I had an experience which made me believe "it" is real, but as it is my nature I refuse to bow, which seems totally fine and in fact amazing to this other intelligence. Instead of fear we have a relationship of joy and laughter.
But of course not everybody has the same experience and if they'd all have mine most would probably think alien invasion.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

its because you say things that don't gravitate with people, the further outside their box your statements are the more hostility you are met with, you have a beautiful and open mind..... don't get angry at those that are prisoners in theirs.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

. Religions don't provide any answers just rules and justifications

Yeah but Jesus ended, done away with all the rules
Clearly you don’t know what you are talking about and that is what makes it so pointless explaining anything, you don’t listen
More interested in justifying yourself and preaching aliens

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Don't sin, fear hell, are those not rules? Obey, worship!

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i was writing on social media to only me, saying i dont know if i believe in the Christian god , what if when we die its just like T2 and the computer turns off? i had to give up my life as a subject or my own personal martyr. what is it all for? all the wars throughout history fought over religion, what if there was just life or nature?

some backround info i got a tenth grade education then put in bad kids place, got reagance diploma. coming here is somewhat or a culture shock. i got a college sociology book i was looking through. lived most of my life without any god or church, just stayed in house with family watched tv. before i joined i was a lurker 9 months to a year. i read your stuff sometimes , you seem college educated and there are very smart people here some even into quantum physics. i dont have knowledge about history or first century.

the apostles and Jesus were very intelligent, it still holds up today. makes me think if theywere speaking metaphorically about things or symbols. i had persecutory schizophrenia which was 24/7 for five years. very irratating. what if hell was a concept like a prison. but for all of eternity? maybe just punished with pain of loss of death in the family in plays everyday.

i have a joke killing in my past. got a scar on my hand and had a massive head injury. what does the prophecy mean? it was written by a guy fearing death hiding. maybe Jesus will come back in spirit his teachings. ive had problems with women even went ten years without a girlfriend. marriage is a cornerstone of Christianity. if the rapture was true or 144,000 or 1 44 000 would ascend to heaven. and having a wife is the trick to getting into heaven?

i dont know but i am going to research this all my life.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

but that was probably the first intelligent comment in this thread.

But of course not everybody has the same experience and if they'd all have mine most would probably think alien invasion.

Something like a Tulpa, or Genius Loci.
Boundaries

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I didn't mean you, sorry, you're great too

I have entertained all of those ideas, including toxoplasma gondii and plasma beings and the Earth's consciousness... It's really a matter of choice, because there is no experiment I could come up with to really know.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Firebrand1105volunteer

marriage is a cornerstone of Christianity. if the rapture was true or 144,000 or 1 44 000 would ascend to heaven. and having a wife is the trick to getting into heaven?

Actually Revelation 14:4 "not defiled by women". Marriage is not the cornerstone of Christianity by any stretch.

I don't think women defile any one, but then it's been 23 years without for me, so what do I know? I remember though. It's not like I was born a virgin; oh wait, maybe I was.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Firebrand1105volunteer

That's quite good, all language is symbols and metaphors. There is sadly no way how we can transport the raw experience and all the background that makes us come to this or that conclusion.

What type of schizophrenia? Voices? What was your experience?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

toxoplasma gondii

Holy Moly! I looked that up in Wikipedia.
A way for cats to keep rats close for food.
I bet the cats don't even know what's going on there.
Never seen a cat look through a microscope.

never mind

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join