It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at San Diego Synagogue

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Why would conservatives be having a bad day? He's anti-Israel. Being pro-Israel for a variety of reasons is a very conservative position these days. It was in his manifesto. Doesn't look to me like he's on a side at all really.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The conservatives are having a bad feel day. LMAO!

Hahahahahahahaha People died and I think I can use it to make conservatives look bad. hahahhahahahahahaha

You disgust me.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

" You think a huge disaster would be a good thing. I don't. "

Nature has a way of Correcting it's Mistakes . Survival of the Fittest you know ..........

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Phage

" You think a huge disaster would be a good thing. I don't. "

Nature has a way of Correcting it's Mistakes . Survival of the Fittest you know ..........

So, these shootings are Nature's way of correcting its mistakes? A gun makes you fittest?

Deplorable!

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

No . Put some Mustard on that Pretzel Logic Boy . We were talking about Natural Disasters here .........

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

We are living in a time where there is extensive hate speech on social media directed at pretty much every group. Black people, white people, Jewish people, Muslims, are all targeted by hate speech. And the polarizing effect the internet has on public opinion is focusing it to an extreme level in some cases. Most people will read it and just shrug it off, some people will read it and get angry towards the group they perceive as their enemy, and a small percentage will react with violence. So we are at a point where its literally not safe to be in a public place. I have a black coworker who told me that people at his church fearful of an attack, I think fear is permeating our society right now. Going to movies or the mall definitely does not feel as safe as in years past. I think we need to start decrying hate speech on the web against ANY group, black, white, Jewish, Muslim, to the degree that some kind of hate speech legislation is needed to tone down the rhetoric from the almost rabid levels it is reaching. We need to say as a society that we are not going to tolerate hateful speech towards ANYONE regardless of religion or skin color. That's the only way to start to reverse this. I don't think gun control will do a thing in an environment that is marinating people in hate every day on the web. I am pro second amendment, but we are a country with a lot of guns and a lot of crazy people, and we have to figure out a way to deal with it. For one thing I don't think ANYONE under the age of 21 has any business having a gun. The emotions run a little too high and the wisdom is a little too low to wield that power at a young age. But most importantly, we need to start saying as a country, that hatred of anyone will not be tolerated in a public forum. I think going after hate speech is a start.
edit on 29-4-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

That would be a random thing for them to do, taking their cell phones wont really accomplish much.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's always a race to which ideology is at fault with tragedies, manifesting into the next one.

Everyone views different ideologies as inherent enemies, even domestically. People get so hung up on "the other side" rather than just denouncing the insane for being insane and not tying them to a group. They hold up their manifestos as "proof" to whatever cause they see fit, giving it merit.

I don't see anything getting better anytime soon.
edit on 29-4-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

You're a smart guy, you know they are mutually exclusive things, right?

originally posted by: Phage
I disagree.

You are talking to the binary Phage, he doesn't have a lot of options to answer you.

edit on 29-4-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

I think we need to start decrying hate speech on the web against ANY group, black, white, Jewish, Muslim, to the degree that some kind of hate speech legislation is needed to tone down the rhetoric from the almost rabid levels it is reaching. We need to say as a society that we are not going to tolerate hateful speech towards ANYONE regardless of religion or skin color. That's the only way to start to reverse this.

I don't disagree with your point but there is some rather big flaws in it all.

1. Who determines what is hate speech? Sounds a lot like Fahrenheit 451 to me...
2. Much of the extremism you see today is fed by internet algorithms and friend/foe AI...

Here is how it works. 30 years ago an extremist group would put fliers on doors in a very localized and limited attempt to garner support, but today they have the world open to them. Not only that, but lets say you are a liberal moderate and you do some searches in Google. Over a period of time Google will learn what you like and feed you more and more slowly pushing you farther down the liberal path than what you started as. You soon get to a point that when you search for anything the top 10,000 topics are all liberal with "moderate" long gone. Then you have friend/foe AI that further defines what you see by only putting friendly Liberal topics and foe Conservative topics in front of you. You type in something Conservative and the top 10,000 topics are all against and then you type in something liberal and the top 10,000 topics are all in heavy support.

This is how you take a generic_01 moderate and turn them into a extremist, terrorist, anarchist etc. etc. So back to your point, "we need to start decrying hate speech " who is "we" when everyone reading the hate speech has been pushed there by algorithms and friend/foe AI to accept it as a topic they should agree with.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: openminded2011

I think we need to start decrying hate speech on the web against ANY group, black, white, Jewish, Muslim, to the degree that some kind of hate speech legislation is needed to tone down the rhetoric from the almost rabid levels it is reaching. We need to say as a society that we are not going to tolerate hateful speech towards ANYONE regardless of religion or skin color. That's the only way to start to reverse this.

I don't disagree with your point but there is some rather big flaws in it all.

1. Who determines what is hate speech? Sounds a lot like Fahrenheit 451 to me...
2. Much of the extremism you see today is fed by internet algorithms and friend/foe AI...

Here is how it works. 30 years ago an extremist group would put fliers on doors in a very localized and limited attempt to garner support, but today they have the world open to them. Not only that, but lets say you are a liberal moderate and you do some searches in Google. Over a period of time Google will learn what you like and feed you more and more slowly pushing you farther down the liberal path than what you started as. You soon get to a point that when you search for anything the top 10,000 topics are all liberal with "moderate" long gone. Then you have friend/foe AI that further defines what you see by only putting friendly Liberal topics and foe Conservative topics in front of you. You type in something Conservative and the top 10,000 topics are all against and then you type in something liberal and the top 10,000 topics are all in heavy support.

This is how you take a generic_01 moderate and turn them into a extremist, terrorist, anarchist etc. etc. So back to your point, "we need to start decrying hate speech " who is "we" when everyone reading the hate speech has been pushed there by algorithms and friend/foe AI to accept it as a topic they should agree with.

I agree that it wont be easy.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

The conservatives are having a bad feel day. LMAO!

The first thing you had in mind was a Muslim.

Here's your terrorist.

There is such a thing as white Muslims.

Why do you people only look at skin color?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

" ideologies Are EVIL "

A Self Evident Reality to those who Comprehend it ..............Duh >?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

How do you "know" the kid was a conservative? I take offense to your comment. I suspect possibly an anti gun advocate...perhaps even ashamed of his white privilege or taking one for the team as they say...

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I live in the US so my first question is: What about the first two amendments to the constitution?

The second question is: Have you heard about paragraphs

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: info393

That would be a random thing for them to do, taking their cell phones wont really accomplish much.

I agree, good chance it is not true. I could only find that one source and it looked kinda iffy.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Mark Steven Domingo.

/EOT

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join