It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Protester Super Glues Her Breasts Outsides Goldman Sachs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
a reply to: Trueman

OMG wow!!! What was the expectation from this? Just some press? I really don't understand it at all...this is not normal behavior....

Wow!!!

blend

This is the environmental movements' version of selling everything you own because the Apocalypse happens tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No. It was a crazy lady.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I agree totally crazy. Seriously, I cannot even imagine how super gluing your breasts to a sidewalk has any real connection to environmentalism? Is there anyone who would understand this message?

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Well...the sidewalk is part of the environment so there was a very strong connection made.

edit on 4/27/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The question is, did she also glue her 11 cats to the pavement?

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No. It was a crazy lady.

And people who do that because they think Jesus is coming back tomorrow and the world ends aren't crazy? I may think that will all come to be at some point in time (if nothing else, it'll happen as the sun goes red giant), but it certainly won't be such that I can say "Tomorrow at 2pm, so we might as well sell everything we own and go wait for it on the mountain top."

These environmentalists having these extinction protests really believe that if they don't do something radical, the world will end in 12 years or so. It's the same level and kind of crazy in my book.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Crazy is as crazy does. I suppose.

Mention was made in comparison to protests against the Vietnam war. It was not the crazies who had any effect. It was a spreading awareness. It is awareness which leads to change, not craziness. Denial results in continuation, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Thanks for trying to make me understand. I still don't though, my mind just can't fathom how this would "make things better" for the climate or for her (wonder if she is gonna need some medical care?), but, if that's what she wants to do...

blend

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

It's a relatively easy way to do something without really doing anything. I'd bet you anything she lives the same modern life most of the rest of us live and doesn't see any problem with it. No ... she just wants the government to step in and enforce radical change on everyone. Change she won't force on herself.
edit on 27-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

CO2 emissions are a matter of public policy. It would cost me a great deal to reduce my individual carbon footprint to a level which would have any appreciable impact. I can't afford a PV system. I can't afford an electric vehicle which would utilize it.

If, as a civilization, changes are made, individual costs are reduced and the impact is expanded.

I know...crazy talk.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: CynConcepts
Well...the sidewalk is part of the environment so there was a very strong connection made.

Wouldn't it technically be bond?
There was a very strong bond made.
edit on 27-4-2019 by ShadowLink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'd like to know what and where she got the super glue from . It USED to be superglue when it first came on the market, you could accidentally stick your fingers together, but this new stuff is useless.
Another serious question, doesn't superglue give off dangerous fumes when exposed? So in gluing herself to the pavement she was actually damaging the environment with the fumes.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

"Super glue gets HOT while it's bonding.
She should have used Dry Ice,
to protect the climate from further warming."

OMG! you are EVIL!
Dry ice is the solid form of carbon dioxide!!

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Exactly!

As I said, since it would force her to sacrifice a great deal personally in order to really do something actually in her life, she does this which does nothing but put up some appearance of actual action.

Thank you for making my point, Phage.

Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk if something means a great deal to you.

If you really thought the world was going to end without true, radical action, you'd be making changes personally and making great sacrifice like the cost of that vehicle and that system, not just the cost of some superglue and the skin of your knockers.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Should have used JB weld, but then again, what a waste of good glue.

Meant to add, according to AOC, we are all dead in 12 years or less anyway, so what's the difference?

Fred..

edit on 28-4-2019 by fredrodgers1960 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join