It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad news.... RobinB022 has passed away

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

My deep condolences. She was still very young. May God rest her soul.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: savagediver

You are most welcome!

She was beautiful....and it sounds like she had a mind and soul to match.
My deepest sympathy.

I took the liberty of adding those pictures as thumbnails to the OP....and made the same change to your post.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I am so ooo sorry for your loss....... giving you ((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
One thing I learned when I wore a younger man's clothes is death, is too final. I truly believe God, or the forces of the universe, send certain people into your orbit. In fact, the old saying: " excuse me, but it's your life. I'm merely passing through it" has meaning beyond the first impression. The right person, good or bad, appear to intervene to aid in your journey. Despite those you learn are toxic, they too shape your journey. Others tend to be God's remedy to learn and heal. And, quite often we find these "intrusions" as a blessing. If you are one who appreciates "wisdom" and seeks it throughout your life, you will find these certain people to be not only a blessing but essential in your journey.

But, due to the Law of transient events, we know they come and go. And, unfortunately, death is a reality of its own. To realize how important their tenure was to in the past requires you to see the finality of death for what it is. Final. They existed for their brief period that will never happen again. Many people argue this is too identical yet we know for a fact the moments you shared was private and unique. Throughout "time" in our universe, all you gained will never be duplicated to an exact replica. It came and it ended, period. And, that is the finality we experience in life that only death can describe.

I've often wondered what is the real reason for living. When asking others, you get many opinions yet few seem worthy. It's not a matter where we know all the unknowns. And, often we change our opinions based on newer experiences. In college, we were asked for our opinion on the subject. In fact, that question alone is asked many times prior too and after. In this case, we were asked to explain in one or possibly two words. In my case, I learned my opinion was based on two words that never changed even to this day. And that is "to experience." But, that is only the beginning. In fact, it's too vague thus requires one to ask. "to experience what?" And, in my opinion, is death itself. In other words, it is not what I experienced in life, per se, but what we gained after death whether it was I, or one I hold near.

I remember certain people I met years ago that were too senior to me yet offered their wisdom without their knowledge I was seeking it. Like it's on my radar although never discussed in detail. Seeking a new friend with certain talents and knowledge I admired was my motivation. To learn from and to find where they received their insights. One in question was an old man who lived across the street that I and my new wife met. He and I had a lot in common. We both served in the Navy and we both were aircraft mechanics. We shared the same worldview that only comes from military service. Yet, he was a mechanic's mechanic. His knowledge in technical matters such as the engineering aspects of certain fuel-control devices of a jet engine was far from my own understanding. In fact, he was often sent into the field in Viet Nam to fix disabled aircraft in combat zones. His vast knowledge to troubleshoot and fix technical devices in a timely manner, under fire, was his gift. And, often escaped under fire while the aircraft launched to freedom. He was fascinating and we shared time working on household gadgets of each of us and other neighbors on the street. While I worked during the day he was retired and often cut the grass of many people on the street and did so out of boredom.

We often went on fishing events and we became close. Unfortunately, he suffered from many wounds and his health was always a problem. In fact, I knew he was dying. And, knowing that meant I had to help when needed and keep it known yet unsaid during our time together. However, I remember thinking about what a waste this was. He was a good man with many talents and loved by all. That, for no other reason, he should be immune to the facts of illness. He had too much to offer to anyone he knew. And, his death will be final and all he meant and stood for was going to be only a memory. One day I came home from work to learn he died after a massive stroke. Yet, it was too unexpected. I lost a good friend that day and I was reminded of the finality of death.

Now, I see my mortality tested. Thus, only after many years of watching others such as my mother, father, and sister die. My sister died in the best way. She died in her sleep. Only fourty-four years of age with little health problems known. She left my great brother-in-law and her daughter troubled with how precious life is. She said "good-night" like always yet died within a few hours from a heart attack. I was awoken at 3:30 AM to rush to the hospital. However. she was gone. The only thing I could do was to snip off a curl of her hair that resides in my wallet to this day. Again, the finality exists. I too have suffered three life-threatening events yet I'm still here. Two of which was deadly with no indication of surviving.

Therefore, death is real. too real and too final. I get that. I truly do. It exists and is always near. Personally, I don't fear death. Only the pain and suffering from it. Yet, death is a normal aspect of living. I also get that too. However, to get back to the main issue that prompted this writing, my opinion on the reason for living holds true to me. Like it's a matter of instinct. That, nothing happens without meaning and all of our experiences, regardless of how unique in time and space, exists for a reason. That what we gain in wisdom and discovering the true facts of love in our lifetime will serve us long after we die. That possibly all of our beliefs in spiritual matters are as true as the instincts we have and share.

And, while the critics will claim I neglected to address the finality of death, I can only say the final aspect is only here. It is contrary to all known aspects of living, death must be a special aspect of living unknown by all of us but to be known once we are gone. The person who inspired the subject matter of this thread is facing the finality of death, yet, he is asking the same questions we all have. He hints that he gained from his experience and let's face it, we all know we find these relationships worthy, and he gained something he was not aware of. She gave him an insight on loving without distinction and how to assess his priorities accordingly. That, there is a reason. And, that reason is the quest for all of our intentions during our lives. You gained and now you must share. And he did so in this thread.

I once thought I can live without regrets. Again, silly notions of one who wears a younger man's clothes. And, to assume that is possible is too faulty and one must learn to be humble. To realize you've made huge blunders and you hurt yourself and others. Own it. And, apologize. To experience all you can experience requires one to seek the wisdom of others and to apply it to your life. And, to gain that requires one to truly love. You can't buy it and it's free for anyone who cares. It is a gift and one free of charge. Yet, it means everything. We've all been given the gift of life and it is our responsibility to see it for what it is. However, to love and to seek the necessary wisdom in life will be noted throughout the universe. Otherwise, all for not. And that is too far from my instincts and I hope we share the same mentality.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Robin I missed you again today , I will miss you again tonight . Things that were lost in my mind have been found again and

that is a blessing.

I remembered how you said love never dies , you get to keep it as true love never dies. You were right. I still love you

and thank you for all I learned from you. You were my earthly gaurdian Angel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join