It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kind of Embarrassed to Tell This!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
No additional penance required - the self flagellation was sufficient.
Be Blessed you skipped the round up at the Golden Corral.

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Been there a couple of times as the mother-in-law favors it.

Golden Feedlot might would be a better name.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

They still have Ole Country Buffets in Michigan. The one I know of is near an IHOP, and a couple of chain steakhouse type place.
Ate there once.

We don't like buffets....I figure unless you have a BIG appetite, it's expensive for what you get.
We don't do typical chains either...won't even go to Olive Garden, anymore....my mom loved that place.

I'm glad you avoided that place....especially on a big holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on Sun Apr 21 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If you like eating food 50 children have dug through with their grubby hands, Golden Corral is the happiest place on earth.

Perfect spot for an after Wal-Mart meal.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have been to a GC in Green Bay around three or four times over the years, the food was good, the place was clean, and the price of the buffet was very reasonable. I mean it does have some of the over-preserved salads like other commercial salad bars have, you learn quickly not to take some types of foods from the buffets.

I checked the ratings of the ones we went to and most of the ratings were at the top. I suppose there are some bad ones out there, were the ratings from the GC you were going to or from a overall corporate site. Every restaurant is a different restaurant, sure there are going to be some bad ones here and there. It could be that the ones we went to were the only good ones that existed, I can't tell you, I have not tried more than the two I went to, and they were really good with everything.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk Golden Corral-Friend of mine calls it the" Oral Canal " Isn't A corral a pen for animals which cannot escape. More like a Golden Shower which is probably how you feel when leaving. You dodged a gastronomic bullet well done.! Plus every year at Easter your wife would have said remember when we went to..the golden horse meat corral.

"

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Never go to a buffet when counting calories. Just do not.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join