It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From The You Can’t Make This Up Files

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I had soy milk once with pure cane sugar (had the cane in there) in a cup of instant coffee. When asked I was honest and said it tasted like breast milk when she noticed my odd look after a sip. Annie’s rather shocked reply of how would I even know or should she even ask said it all as far as us ever becoming more than friends. I told her that I have had odd friends with even odder senses of humor when it came to pranks. Which was true, I have had that done to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

www.forbes.com...

"Defending Against Imitations and Replacements of Yogurt, Milk, and Cheese To Promote Regular Intake of Dairy Everyday Act" (also more colloquially referred to as the DAIRY PRIDE Act).

The acronym should me the DAIRY MCPRIDE Act based on the actual name...

I find this to be a waste of resources and typical expansion of government red tape. As long as the product labels clearly state what's in the product, the government should have no grievance here and butt out of consumer products entirely.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
And you can make almond milk at home with a blender, water and coffee filter to keep the grit out. You know, if you want to save a buck. You can make Rice Krispies at home as well, if you want to put forth all that effort to save a buck on breakfast.

Me, I just drink a second cup of coffee and call it a morning or cook some eggs and sausage if really hungry for breakfast.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So companies are trying to copy write an ancient word now. What will they not try next.
edit on 17-4-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Can’t be Dairy McPride because McDonald’s don’t have lactose free milk as an option. Nor do they really promote that they have milk on the menu compared to Orange Juice and the McCafe.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

They also don't use anything resembling real cheese.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Since I now work in the dairy industry, I can see this for the Almond and Soy. BS anyway, in my opinion. (granted, doesn't mean much)

But I don't think this is what the dairy industry needs, to help them. Right off the bat, I would think the equipment industry shouldn't be charging an arm and a leg for the equipment. The price of robotics is astronomical.

Keep in mind this is the same Milk lobby that argued successfully that one drop of udder pus is fine in a single cup of milk

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

my 8 year old pointed out that pigeons give milk as well!

Sounds like sour milk from the cow industry to me

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If the the USA really believed in a capitalist economy then lobbying should be outlawed by corporations.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

However, we all know milk actually comes from supermarkets.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That’s why we don’t need farms. Grocery stores have plenty of food.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thank GOD we gave a very small group of people the power to pass laws that affect our daily lives so they could save us from the mis-milked menance.

"Congress" hasn't been working for us for at least 100 years
Great idea on paper, but some of the people spoiled the whole thing

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

When I "milk" my goats, I'm going to call what comes out milk.

When I make almond milk, I'm going to call it milk.

To the poster who talked about almond milk, a masticating juicer with a press works wonderfully.

To my congresspeople who are trying very hard to make some money off of lobbyists, I give you a big middle finger.

Because I don't have to buy the product, call it unicorn juice for all I care.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I think this is a good common sense idea. I think it is misleading that the piss from a coconut is called 'Milk'. While I agree that this is not on the list of important things that Congress should be working on it is at least a no-brainer.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

"Nut Juice" - That's funny!! LOL!

Well, now our representatives can say..."See? We really did get something done!"

ETA - Now when Danica Patrick wins the Indy 500 people can spray 'nut juice' all over her, erm, 'almond beverage'.

edit on 4/18/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I thought there were almond cows.

No, your thinking of Bulls Nuts.
Reply to Roadgravel.

edit on 18-4-2019 by Robbo2006 because: NM

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Robbo2006

No, your thinking of Bulls Nuts.

No, that's seafood...whole other food category.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Potatoes.

No, milk is not used in the mashing of the potato, just water for boiling and cooking.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Yeah it is.

I watched my mom make it that was for over 40 years.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well it's about damn time! If I had a nickel for every time I got confused about my where my almond milk came from, well, I'd be broke, but still! 'Bout time!!

SMDH

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join