It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From The You Can’t Make This Up Files

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Senate Bill 792 Cosponsors

H.R. 1769 Cosponsors

The two bills are essentially the same language to primarily force products named milk to come from cows. This is to help dairy producers in slumping sales against Almond Milk and Soy Milk products such as Silk. Now this means that there would be no coconut milk, a very long term used work for the watery liquid inside a coconut. And one can only imagine that goat milk is a no-no and that babies suckling breasts will no longer be imbibing breast milk or mother’s milk.

Good thing Harvey Milk is dead otherwise consumers might get confused. No word as to if Gus Van Sant needs to change the title of his 2008 movie.

Do we not have bigger things to work on besides something no consumer is confused about, like maybe crumbling roads and bridges nationwide?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
My wife drinks coconut milk daily and she says it should be called coconut beverage. She wouldn't touch milk with a ten foot stick so she would be happy to get rid of milk in the name.

BTW Trader Joe's already calls their coconut "milk" coconut beverage.
edit on 17-4-2019 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Do we not have bigger things to work on besides something no consumer is confused about, like maybe crumbling roads and bridges nationwide?

I suspect there are no lobbyists for those issues so the politicians are not aware of them.

The milk issue is simply lobby money being handed over. Time to cash in.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Couldn't it at least by something whose source is a mammal. Where are the mammal lobbyists.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Since I now work in the dairy industry, I can see this for the Almond and Soy. BS anyway, in my opinion. (granted, doesn't mean much)

But I don't think this is what the dairy industry needs, to help them. Right off the bat, I would think the equipment industry shouldn't be charging an arm and a leg for the equipment. The price of robotics is astronomical.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here is the criteria

“(2) For purposes of this paragraph, a food is a dairy product only if the food is, contains as a primary ingredient, or is derived from, the lacteal secretion, practically free from colostrum, obtained by the complete milking of one or more hooved mammals.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

WHEW

THE REPUBLIC IS SAVED!

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The two bills are essentially the same language to primarily force products named milk to come from cows.

And the Green New Deal wants to get rid of cows.

So no mo milk.

At the speed of government.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Almond milk - Nut juice (almonds are for cakes , brownies , and candy)
Soy Milk- Soy Yuch. (Let that stuff serve its original purpose of poisoning hamburger meat.)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Mashed potato's!

Milk used in them, and Butter which is made from Milk!

Damn bastages.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I can see where it will help stop mystery substances from China sneaking in in the guise of 'food'

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wow, the congressmen can work Bi-partisan on something completely unimportant like this?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Senate Bill 792 Cosponsors

H.R. 1769 Cosponsors

The two bills are essentially the same language to primarily force products named milk to come from cows. This is to help dairy producers in slumping sales against Almond Milk and Soy Milk products such as Silk. Now this means that there would be no coconut milk, a very long term used work for the watery liquid inside a coconut. And one can only imagine that goat milk is a no-no and that babies suckling breasts will no longer be imbibing breast milk or mother’s milk.

Good thing Harvey Milk is dead otherwise consumers might get confused. No word as to if Gus Van Sant needs to change the title of his 2008 movie.

Corporate lobbying at its finest. The thing that pisses me off is this stuff is done under the guise of protecting consumers when it is really about protecting market share of the corporate lobbyist.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Noticed it is by-partisan as well. Quite a few republicans listed as co-sponsors.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Now this means that there would be no coconut milk, a very long term used work for the watery liquid inside a coconut.

That's coconut water, which is very different from the very thick and rich coconut milk.

ETA:

Granted, maybe "milk" should be reserved that which comes from...mammals? This coming from a guy who enjoys soy and almond milk, and who doesn't drink cow milk.
edit on 17-4-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It is simply truth in advertising. This stuff is not milk and the label shouldn't have that word. Too many people are not smart enough to differentiate.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I guess they could call it a cash cow...but this is the really what our representatives are working on for us?
I didn't know that almond milk didn't come from cows ,I'm glad they cleared that up for us.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
They should use the "Twinkie defense"

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Cash cows are bad too. Thats why they want to take over banks,corporations,wall street, and healthcare.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
a reply to: roadgravel

I guess they could call it a cash cow...but this is the really what our representatives are working on for us?
I didn't know that almond milk didn't come from cows ,I'm glad they cleared that up for us.

I thought there were almond cows.

Now the almond growers are going to get upset.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join