It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to give Tiger Woods Medal of freedom

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Does anyone actually think Donald Trump is out there winning golf tournaments?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Did Robert Downey Jr just win the Masters?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So Obama gave out the medal to 12 athletes considered some of the best in their sports, and one was the first PGA black golfer. Bush gave the medal to 8 athletes to include Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus for golf. I would think that Trump's pick of Woods fits perfectly inline with the last two Presidents, so why are so many on the left getting triggered over this?

Cause Orange man is bad. They claim they don't live by those words, but this thread is proof they do.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: JAGStorm

I thought the same thing. ?The medal of freedom?

The usa doesn't have like a medal for sports achievements?

The past 20 years, quite a few athletes have received the medal. Some of them deserved it for their charity work outside of sports (Kareem Abdul Jabar), some deserved it for being talented legends of their sport (Michael Jordan), and some deserved it for being cultural icons (Yogi Berra). It seems to be sort of like the knighthood in the UK... which seems to now be relegated largely to entertainers, athletes, and the like.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Trump made Tiger great again, so he wants to give him a medal.

Wonder if Tiger has been hitting the links with the Prez at Mar A Lago on all those frequent trips? WOuld explain why under Obama Tiger was terrible...and now he's the Masters champ.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Does anyone actually think Donald Trump is out there winning golf tournaments?

No. He's making Tiger great again so Tiger can win golf tournaments.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Is Tiger Woods the lead in the highest grossing film franchise of all-time?

Like I said in my first post, I have no problem if Trump wants to award Tiger the Medal of Freedom. My issue is that it wasn't even I week ago I saw people posting memes criticizing recipients under Obama.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

en.wikipedia.org...

People get them for all sort of reasons.

Just look at the list.

Another advantage to having Donald Trump in the White House, instead of Hillary Clinton.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: 3n19m470

Worse thing to get yourself in trouble over.

Damn it I Knew youd see it before the edit, you quick sob.

I wasn't meaning to call you a son of a bitch by the way. I just, characterize you as a quick sob, like when you are sitting on the toilet at work crying during your lunch break, cause your life is in shambles, then you have to straighten yourself up before you face your coworkers? Thats just how I think of you, I cnat really explain it. A quick sob and then back at em for another 4. I just can't get it out of my mind everytime I see you.

Wait, you mean everyone doesn't have a quick cry in their own little hiding spot at work? Oh... well, yeah, of course I was just Kidding... silly! Duh, I actually meant the other thing, the sonofagun, Son of Sam, whatever thing...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
I wasn't meaning to call you a son of a bitch by the way.

Nah, it's cool, we're good Brother.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Shouldn't these awards be given to people who made sacrifices for freedom? He is a golfer! What is his special talent besides finding hot women and hitting a ball? I get really annoyed at celebs who get these kinds of awards. Why not a veteran? Someone who gives back that is just an average citizen?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
What is his special talent besides finding hot women and hitting a ball?

This is American, goddamnit! What else is a dude in this country supposed to aspire to besides hooking up with hotties because of his ability at hitting a ball?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Shouldn't these awards be given to people who made sacrifices for freedom? He is a golfer! What is his special talent besides finding hot women and hitting a ball? I get really annoyed at celebs who get these kinds of awards. Why not a veteran? Someone who gives back that is just an average citizen?

That is what I was thinking. Turns out it is just more of generic award that presidents just want to give out.
I think the title of the award got lost in translation somewhere along the way. It should probably be named something else.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
My favorite is Obama giving one to Biden...LOL...why? C'mon Donald throw one around Pence's neck and Behars head will explode on TV. Colin Powell has two....

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
But it is after all golf, a simple little game for individual skills for relaxation and leisure that has for want of profit been turned into a huge ''star and hero'' creator.

And the exact same thing can be said for football, baseball, basketball, and every other major sport out there...

Except Hockey and Soccer, of course.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: vonclod

Only after you're "audited" and pay $999,999 for the course materials.

Can we really put a price on getting rid of body thetans??

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

HAHA! That post should win the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

But it gets better - who can put a price on sharing girlfriends and bringing about the Anti-Christ?

Jack Parsons!

www.thevintagenews.com...

Jack Parsons is both America’s renowned rocketeer and one of the most infamous God-profaning acolytes that humanity has ever known. He was a devotee of satanist Aleister Crowley and a fetishist who befriended L. Ron Hubbard, for a time sharing the same 17-year-old girlfriend. Through various sexual practices, he thought he could summon a dark deity from the underworld. Lastly, he was a man who impregnated a fellow practitioner of the dark arts, nicknamed “Candida,” so that she could give birth to the Antichrist.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join