It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to give Tiger Woods Medal of freedom

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Only after you're "audited" and pay $999,999 for the course materials.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Giving a black man a medal of freedom ?
Rubbing it in a bit isn't it ?
(Joke)

Good for him , Tiger has pulled of a pretty stunning sporting comeback so he probably deserves some recognition for that , he's an example of regardless of the problems life throws at you it can be turned around and brought back to a positive , even in the full glare of the media spotlight.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Tiger's life story, from his fall from grace to his rising like a phoenix, is worthy of presidential medal of freedom.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

So then Robert Downey Jr. is also deserving of one?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I'm with you. The guy cheated on his wife and looked a total mess during that time.

If he's doing this because he's a black guy on top of the golf world, I say Trump, as a golfer, is biased.

Then again... I don't really care. It's just stupid. I think there is a shade of attention grab in this. Maybe stoking the feelings of black folk for election time.

I like Trump too but that doesn't mean I don't feel that he has a sleazy side.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Only if he shares his Tigers Milk with Trump...then it might happen...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Well why not. I mean, let's compare Trump with all the other presidents before him. Is he not, by his own words the bestest president we have ever had? Is he not different than all of the rest of them. Is he not the guy who is going to turn America around and make it great again, he is after all, by his own words, the only one who can do it.

His boasting is one of the things I find a little silly but endearing...

That said, he is the best President at least in my lifetime, he is different than all the rest, he is the guy who is turning around America and making it great again. Not sure he is the only one who can do it - but he is doing it, that is what counts.

So when something like this comes up, let's just justify it by saying that all the guys before him have done it so that makes it all ok.

So, what do you have against Tiger? Sre you some kind of white supremacist/racist bigot?

I think the turn-around Tiger did, coming back after all these years to win the Masters... it was an incredible personal achievement.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

That's a good riches to rag back to riches story too...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So Obama gave out the medal to 12 athletes considered some of the best in their sports, and one was the first PGA black golfer. Bush gave the medal to 8 athletes to include Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus for golf. I would think that Trump's pick of Woods fits perfectly inline with the last two Presidents, so why are so many on the left getting triggered over this?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I've got nothing against Woods other than my aversion to the entire ''cult of personality'' culture we have. That Woods hung on to his drive to succeed is laudable, that he demonstrated one more aspect to being the best golfer ever is stunning. But it is after all golf, a simple little game for individual skills for relaxation and leisure that has for want of profit been turned into a huge ''star and hero'' creator.

And I get his problems, I guess. When someone gets that big in the head they can go off the rails and loose control of their lives.His inability to be faithful to the absolutely stunning mother of his children after promising in his vows to do so is beyond my comprehension.

So yeah, he won the Masters and my head went ''what?"" He did? Great .So who is next in our minute by minute search for heros and vicarious self fulfillment.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
How about Vince Scully? What did he do to get the award? No outrage there...
edit on Aprpm30pmf0000002019-04-17T12:52:48-05:001248 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

RDJ is an actor, not a champion. Anyone can do what RDJ does, not everyone can do what Tiger does. No, he's not deserving of one.
edit on 17-4-2019 by Tartuffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here's an insightful article from Golfers Digest, if you want to hear about Trump's golf game from an actual expert, as opposed to some guy with a very obvious, gigantic chip on his shoulder. I'm not a golfer but it was interesting to read about our great President from this fresh perspective.

www.golfdigest.com...

A few quotes for those who don't have time to enjoy the entirety of the article:

The article opens with some basic info

main memory of playing golf with Donald Trump—preserved with more care now that he's the president—is that he really went after the ball hard. But the interesting thing is that though Trump's action might have looked a little reckless, it soon became clear that it was quite under control.
Hmmm. Perhaps more support for the quote, "How you do anything is how you do everything."
Trump was 67 when I played with him in 2013 at his course outside Charlotte and in early 2014 at Doral, but he still possessed a significant remnant of big-man athleticism.

He's basically self-taught, never consistently working with an instructor. "I think of golf as a very natural game," he said. "I never really wanted to know a lot about my technique. I really trust instinct a lot, in golf and a lot of things."

On the course, playing quickly, he projects the contentment of a man in his element. Settling into a sound and relaxed address position that identifies him as a good player, he appears very much a confident golfer relishing the opportunity to flush another one.

Trump's swing is imperfect but grooved, and it soon engenders a certainty that nothing really bad is going to happen to his golf ball. 

His ball-striking, from medium-length tees, made him a legitimate 4-handicap at the time. Today he's officially a 2.8 in the United States Golf Association's GHIN system (see chart below), though he has posted only scores going back to 2009.
As a golfer, the 45th president is the real deal.

Seven of Trump's 10 "counting" scores have occurred in tournament play. That's a high tournament-to-casual-rounds ratio and indicates a gutsy player and good member-guest invitee. It means something else: There were lots of witnesses to his performance.

Of course, its not ALL praise and compliments. After all, this man is not a professional asskisser, hes a sports journalist, and his serious readers arent going to give his word a second thought if he isn't fully honest. Here are some criticisms:

Trump's scoring history dates to 2009. Forgive the arched eyebrow, but has he really played only 20 rounds in the past seven years? Perhaps he finds himself rushing to board his helicopter, but to make the handicap system meaningful, all scores should be entered.

The vast majority of his scores were shot in May, June and July. The weather is better, the courses are in prime scoring condition and our games are in great shape. If more scores from early spring were included, it's rational to believe they would be higher.

And the article finishes up with this

When Trump comes back from a seemingly long layoff, invariably he shoots a "counting" score. This is a sign of pure talent. Or perhaps clandestine hours spent whacking balls into a net in his office at Trump Tower. — Guy Yocom

So, the best golfer in the world? No, of course not. A talented golfer? It appears so. The best golfer out of any POTUS? That really doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility to me, personally. But, "best" is an arbitrary label, there are many ways to measure who is the "best" something.

Especially with golf. Its real fooking hard I tell you!

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Probably. They're not exactly super prestigious or didnt ya hear? It's not as if he gave him a Trump Challenge Coin for Pete's sake...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

RDJ is an actor, not a champion. Anyone can do what RDJ does, not everyone can do what Tiger does. No, he's not deserving of one.

You need to look at the list, between the last two Presidents they gave out over 50 to the arts.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

en.wikipedia.org...

People get them for all sort of reasons.

Just look at the list.

Heh... Most of obama's recipients...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

So, the best golfer in the world? No, of course not. A talented golfer? It appears so. The best golfer out of any POTUS? That really doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility to me, personally. But, "best" is an arbitrary label, there are many ways to measure who is the "best" something.

Especially with golf. Its real fooking hard I tell you!

So Obama loves golf too, I would love to see the two play in a Woods/Mickelson style match up, hell bring them along for a fourth-some.

edit on 17-4-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Giving a black man a medal of freedom ?
Rubbing it in a bit isn't it ?

I dunno, I thought it was pretty cool of Trump to award his favorite black with "freedom".

Maybe he will feel generous and emancipate All the blacks from their Democrat Free-Range Plantation someday.

(im only joking too. i hope you understand, my joke wouldn't have worked, unless I omitted Your "joking" disclaimer)
edit on 4/17/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Tiger was always free with himself in regards the ladies so why not?

Just one alpha wolf with a voracious appetite for...life... acknowledging another.

Just a couple of dudes with raging goals, running the galaxy together...

edit on 4/17/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Worse thing to get yourself in trouble over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join