It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to give Tiger Woods Medal of freedom

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

I will be presenting him with the PRESIDENTIAL MEDAL OF FREEDOM,” Trump tweeted.

Sure I'm ok with Trump, and Tiger is OK, but the Medal of Freedom?
I just have to scratch my head at this. I would say that Tiger could get it for breaking the ceiling on gold for minorities, but that wouldn't work since
Tiger didn't even want to be called black! It's not for his upstanding morals, well we all know that backstory.

Sure he is a good golfer, and had a good comeback. So does one get this kind of medal just for being good, very good at a sport and that is it?

Am I missing something here?

BTW, complete rumor here but when I lived in Florida I swear I saw Tiger in my neighborhood. It was just before the scandal broke out with his wife. I told my husband that I thought it was weird someone like him would be in our neighborhood. The short time I lived there I realized it was a spot that Rich men would hide out with their girlfriends.
edit on 17-4-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

en.wikipedia.org...

People get them for all sort of reasons.

Just look at the list.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Trump can identify with woods a little bit.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I thought the same thing. ?The medal of freedom?

The usa doesn't have like a medal for sports achievements?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Tiger was always free with himself in regards the ladies so why not?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The Presidential Medal of Freedom is awarded by the President of the United States "for especially meritorious contribution to (1) the security or national interests of the United States, or (2) world peace, or (3) cultural or other significant public or private endeavors

I guess that last part kinda counts.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Donald Trump has won more golf tournaments than any other POTUS before him.

Tiger Woods is on track to be the greatest golfer that ever lived.

I can see why Trump would want to give him some recognition for his accomplishments which could only be possible living in a free country.

It holds up.
edit on 1742019 by Wide-Eyes because: Auto correct bs

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well why not.

Obama gave it to all his favorite celebrities, and the Presidents before him probably did the same thing.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Your missing the good in people and only focus on the "whats wrong with them". Tiger Woods did a lot to mend the country in winning the Masters in 2019. I as a white guy was rooting for him and I hope he keeps on winning. He had a marital issue, Who knows as 50% in the country have marital issues. Did his wife return to celibacy just after getting married to him as his wandering doesn't seem to fit in his parents DNA.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I can see why Trump would want to give him some recognition for his accomplishments which could only be possible living in a free country.

It holds up.

LOL. Trump wins Club Championships before they even start. He is always listed as the club champion even though he doesn't even play in the Club Championships. Gets away with because he owns the clubs. Everything you know about the man is fraudulent. I bet Trump walks off the course if required to turn in an honest score.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

It holds up.

And Kim Jung ll really shot 38 under par in his first round ever, including 5 holes in one. I am not really sure of the frame of mind of a man who continues and to believe these same type of lies. Trump doesn't win championships, he awards them to himself.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well why not. I mean, let's compare Trump with all the other presidents before him. Is he not, by his own words the bestest president we have ever had? Is he not different than all of the rest of them. Is he not the guy who is going to turn America around and make it great again, he is after all, by his own words, the only one who can do it.

So when something like this comes up, let's just justify it by saying that all the guys before him have done it so that makes it all ok.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Maybe pres will give Stephen A a medal for being racist. Tiger said he "Respected the office of the President." So Stephen A said "Tiger is not a black man!".

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yeah in the UK it sounds far to rewarding, famous sports stars get knighted by the queen, knighted I tell ya for kicking a ball, at a glance at the list there are past players on there who have had alcohol troubles, cheated on wives, public affray and gambling issues some of these players have done them all, there are no doubt some truly inspiring people on the list but also many meh people.

It seems they are handed out nowadays more often and I believe they should only come after a career is completed, its more a popularity contest than measure of a persons character.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I've got no problem with this. Past Presidents have given it to others for simply being celebrities. My problem stems from the fact that Cult 45 will see no problem with this after making a meme about Obama giving away the Medal of Freedom (while trying to pretend it's the same thing as the Medal of Honor) just last week.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

I heard it on the BBC.

They wouldn't lie would they?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I guess none of you have looked at the list. Lots of different people from lots of areas are awarded this medal. Barack had the most with over 120.

Tiger is an example of someone who showed that in the face of adversity you can come back. I do not see a big deal with this.

Guy was raised by a father who pushed him to who he is as a golfer. Became arguably one of the best to play the game. He then fell on hard times drinking, lost his wife and his career. He kept at it an won the Masters for the 5th time.

Did you know Pat Smith won this award...yeah, me either.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

My reaction was like your originally. The Medal of Freedom? I mean, really? But then after reading some of the responses I looked it up here.

en.wikipedia.org...

So yeah, it seems it is not as prestigious as some of us might have thought. It seems to have been handed out across all social and cultural fields including sports. While most of the categories of achievement seem to be awarded by political bias, the sports at least look to be who ever the president wants to hook his flag to for promotional value.

It has even been given out posthumously with Obama giving it to Yogi Berra and Trump giving it to Babe Ruth.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Sounds like an award you get in Scientology

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join