It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders Says Democrats Not 'Smart Enough' To Understand Trump's Taxes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'd rather we not get snippy over the use of language. Such a waste of commentary space.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Artemis12

I can't recall people losing their heads over Obama's tax returns can you?

Perhaps because his tax returns were not a secret.
www.taxnotes.com...

Trump has stated that because he's not under audit, he is under no obligation to release them.

Wonder what he's hiding.

LOL, likely that he paid a lot, but not as much as he SHOULD have, had he not did his best to work the system. Something only TRUMP could do!!!! Orange MAN BAD!!!!!

If he released his taxes to you and you had full access, would it change how you view him, or change anything in your life?
(rhetorical)

Fixed for you
edit on 16-4-2019 by UniformKilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Does anyone really think trump does his own taxes?
He hires accountants to collect all the financial information and to fill out the forms when appropriate.

One thing I know from running businesses for many years.
You delegate.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I have to agree with Sarah Sanders from just looking at how Democrats handle US budgeting. They really do not understand taxes nor actual financing very well. Perhaps, they need to hire better financial consultants?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Look. I am not voting for him either way that is a given.
The relevant question really is how many supporters will he lose if he doesnt?
If he pulls the same bs as last time.
Because he's not under audit for twelve years. It wouldn't take twelve years to audit a country so we all know he is just lying.
The question is who is still believing him and trusting him and who is having second thoughts.

It might be interesting to weigh that on this forum even if the scale is tilted a bit.
Actually it may give his campaign a glimpse into how his base is feeling since I would consider you guys his core base of supporters.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Personally, Trump's actions in the past 2 years has proven to be a net benefit for this country. He donates his $400,000 salary every quarter. He may be extremely annoying in speaking but amazingly, he is doing the job he was elected to do.

His tax forms are not required by law. The one form, Rachel Maddow produced was a boost to my confidence in him as well. If congress creates a law that all federal representatives must be transparent and provide their annual tax forms, then I would expect to see his as well.

Until then...no big deal.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Barry never released his tax returns
Neither has any modern-day President

edit on 4/16/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

yes but they are now,from outhouse to the penthouse,she is right Democrats are too ignorant

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Barry never released his tax returns
Neither has any modern-day President

Are you sure ?
www.taxnotes.com...

Obama submitted 16 tax returns , more than any modern day President.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: gortex

yes but they are now,from outhouse to the penthouse,she is right Democrats are too ignorant

If ATS is any indication of ignorance I'd say it's the reverse.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between someone like Obama submitting taxes and Trump. It really is apples to oranges. Obama was not all that successful financially prior to being elected President. His (or most people's for that matter) would be rather straight forward. Same with Bernie and the rest of the candidates.

On the other hand, someone who is making tens or hundreds of millions of dollars per year, owns multiple businesses, investments, etc would have far more complicated tax returns. You'd need a much deeper understanding of the tax code and other income streams. It is far easier to "spin" the complicated tax returns of a rich person into "dodging taxes" or some other claim with no proof to the ignorant masses. Remember, this is what happened to Mitt Romney when he released his tax returns.

Trump has absolutely nothing to gain by releasing his tax returns, but everything to loose. Even if he is conservative in how he files and everything legal and follows the IRS code, they will still find a way to spin something to make him look bad. He will pay say 20% on capital gains and they will spin it as he isn't paying as much as a wage earner. He may have losses that carry over reducing current year tax liability and they will spin that as some how nefarious.

Heck, he may not make as much as he purports and they will still spin that negatively. If he sold interest in a company that even had indirect Russian ties, they will spin that as nefarious.

There is literally nothing for Trump to gain by releasing his tax returns because he knows that Democrats will attempt to seize any little thread to try to make it into something bigger.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It's none of your business what's in Trump's tax returns...Neither you nor Nadler or Schiff or Pelosi or Bernie or Maddow has a right to see Trump's tax returns...You are just fanning the flames of the compromised fake news media with the lies they tell on a daily/hourly basis...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniformKilo

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: gortex

I can't recall people losing their heads over Obama's tax returns can you?

Perhaps because his tax returns were not a secret.
www.taxnotes.com...

Trump has stated that because he's not under audit, he is under no obligation to release them.

Wonder what he's hiding.

LOL, likely that he paid a lot, but not as much as he SHOULD have, had he not did his best to work the system. Something only TRUMP could do!!!! Orange MAN BAD!!!!!

If he released his taxes to you and you had full access, would it change how you view him, or change anything in your life?
(rhetorical)

Fixed for you

aside from changing my post, can you cite any business owner that tries to pay more taxes then they SHOULD. I know a few, and amazingly enough, they all do their best to pay the least they legally have to. And I have all ideas, that if they did something illegal, and were audited, they would be fined just like anyone else in that position.

Hope I fixed your thought process. it seemed a bit off.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Look. I am not voting for him either way that is a given.
The relevant question really is how many supporters will he lose if he doesnt?
If he pulls the same bs as last time.
Because he's not under audit for twelve years. It wouldn't take twelve years to audit a country so we all know he is just lying.
The question is who is still believing him and trusting him and who is having second thoughts.

It might be interesting to weigh that on this forum even if the scale is tilted a bit.
Actually it may give his campaign a glimpse into how his base is feeling since I would consider you guys his core base of supporters.

Trump will lose no supporters...Trump will gain supporters...

Your side has absolutely nothing to offer except wide open borders, men in girls bathrooms, men dressed as women in the military, teaching Izlam in the classrooms, teaching 5 year old boys and girls that they aren't really boys and girls, teaching them that it's good to be attracted to the same sex...

Oppose international trade deals that are great for the men and women of America, killing babies after they are born, making America gun free like England, France and Australia which are all in the process of being taken over by Izlam...

Stealing the wealth of the rich who provide the jobs for Americans which will result in them leaving America (with their jobs) again...Foment race wars...

The list is long...

Your politicians have nothing to campaign with because they are empty suits...And they are anti-America...The only way you people have a chance to further destroy America is to eventually dig up something to turn into a massive spin that will turn patriotic American against Trump...And that won't happen...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12

Trump has stated that because he's not under audit, he is under no obligation to release them yet.

It's like watching a game of cat and mouse.

lol

?????????........................?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Income taxes for the middle class were implemented for the war effort.

No, it was withholding that was implemented for the war effort, and it was supposed to be temporary (wonder if anyone believed that even then?).

Back then people felt a sense of accomplishment for having to pay income taxes, because it meant that they were now part of the top 10% (a little less than 10% paid income taxes pre WWII).

Which orifice did you pull that out of?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I'm sure when the Dems stop losing their minds over Trumps taxes, he'll release them. And like the Collusion, will show nothing out of the norm.

Of course Trumps taxes are fine...The IRS doesn't dispute that apparently...The dems and media aren't hoping to look for any cheating or mistakes in Trumps returns...The know they won't find anything...

What they want is information they can parse to throw on the evening (morning and afternoon) news to make false accusations to put serious doubts in America's mind about Trump's honesty and patriotism...That's all there is to it...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Agreed.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I don't.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

I'm sure when the Dems stop losing their minds over Trumps taxes, he'll release them. And like the Collusion, will show nothing out of the norm.

Of course Trumps taxes are fine...The IRS doesn't dispute that apparently...The dems and media aren't hoping to look for any cheating or mistakes in Trumps returns...The know they won't find anything...

What they want is information they can parse to throw on the evening (morning and afternoon) news to make false accusations to put serious doubts in America's mind about Trump's honesty and patriotism...That's all there is to it...

Exactly... It is like when Harry Reid stood in the house chamber making unverified and false claims about Romney's tax returns. None of it turned out to be true. When Harry was later asked about his blantant false accusations, he quipped that Romney didn't win...

edit on 16-4-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join