It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders Says Democrats Not 'Smart Enough' To Understand Trump's Taxes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I can't recall people losing their heads over Obama's tax returns can you? Nope.

Is this yet another charged lets go after nutty far left just because.. Orange Man!

"The president has been clear from the beginning," Sanders insisted. "As long as his taxes are under audit, he's not going to release them." "One of the biggest things that I think people aren't seeing is the fact that the only reason that the Oversight Committee has the ability to request someone's taxes [is] for the purpose of determining policy."

The press secretary argued that Democrats are making a request that "has nothing to do with policy."

‘This has nothing to do with whether or not they are going to determine policy. This is all about political partisanship. This is a dangerous, dangerous, road,’ she said.

Trump has stated that because he's not under audit, he is under no obligation to release them yet.

It's like watching a game of cat and mouse.

lol

edit on 16-4-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

I can't recall people losing their heads over Obama's tax returns can you?

Perhaps because his tax returns were not a secret.
www.taxnotes.com...

Trump has stated that because he's not under audit, he is under no obligation to release them.

Wonder what he's hiding.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

And yet I hear him on video saying

"There is no law, as you know, I got elected last time with the same issue and while I'm under audit, I won't do it. If I'm not under audit, I would do it, I have no problem with it, but while I'm under audit, I would not give my taxes,"

I cant keep up with his flip flopping

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Aren't taxes something they did temporarily during world war 2?

Is it even legal to force taxes on anyone?

To the above, i'm sure that President Trump will release them when the audit is done. But totallylosing your mind over it? Come on..

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

From what I hear there are a few CPA's in congresses nest. I bet those guys could.
And just how long is an audit? According to him he has been in audit since 2007 at least.
Raise your hand if you believe that.
The man just does not want to show them. Obviously.

He will fight tooth and nail to keep them away from the public eye.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I can't recall people losing their heads over Obama's tax returns can you?

Perhaps because his tax returns were not a secret.
www.taxnotes.com...

Trump has stated that because he's not under audit, he is under no obligation to release them.

Wonder what he's hiding.

LOL, likely that he paid a lot, but not as much as he could have, had he not did his best to work the system. Something only TRUMP could do!!!! Orange MAN BAD!!!!!

If he released his taxes to you and you had full access, would it change how you view him, or change anything in your life?
(rhetorical)

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Shouldn't we be less concerned about a millionaire that became a politician and more concerned about politicians that become millionaires?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Apparently audits take about twelve years or more.

I am very very luck as I have never been audited.

Though there is nothing unusual in my taxes. The last time we had any issues was the year we sold the store but even that was just more paperwork than usual. No audit.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Just get a bottle and some poppets with different intents. Spin the bottle for the policy of the day.
Whichever poppet the bottle points to is what we will go with for that day.
Tomorrow we do it again.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm with you.
15 years in business and never an audit.
Fricken accountant is expensive though...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Shouldn't we be less concerned about a millionaire that became a politician and more concerned about politicians that become millionaires?

Like Sanders, Clinton, Obama.. Yes.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Just get a bottle and some poppets with different intents. Spin the bottle for the policy of the day.
Whichever poppet the bottle points to is what we will go with for that day.
Tomorrow we do it again.

I think that's how Nancy and Chuck like to run things, isn't it.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Ssshhhh

You're missing the point here. The point is that orange man is bad, and that makes it okay that swamp creatures can spend 30 - 40 years leaching of the citizens while doing everything they can to make life more difficult for us.

It's for the children, why do you hate the children?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I'm sure when the Dems stop losing their minds over Trumps taxes, he'll release them. And like the Collusion, will show nothing out of the norm.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
When I was a young woman I worked for a freight forwarding company out of JFK. We had offices all over the world. In most states and in several foreign countries.
Every year we had an audit done by a prestigious accounting firm in NYC. I cant remember the name any more but they are still pretty big.
Anyway, the audit began in the fall.
We spent months pulling sample invoices from the past years activity.
We showed assets and we showed liabilities. We pulled bank records. The entire accounting department worked non stop.
We had stock holders who were getting an annual report on the health of the company and with all of those offices around the globe and across this country the audit took three months.
THREE MONTHS. EVERY YEAR.

The year before I left the company they sold to Thissen Intl. a German company. Because the sale was transferring assets to a foreign country the audit that year tool six months because Thissens people wanted everything the accountants got and because of laws about foreign sales. I dont know that they were I was just a clerk in the accounting department.
The one who had to do the grunt work getting them every piece of paper they asked for.

The company was way bigger than trumps little mom and pop real estate business and it took three months on a normal year and six when there was a huge sale.

He is FOS of course.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Aren't taxes something they did temporarily during world war 2?

Income taxes for the middle class were implemented for the war effort. Back then people felt a sense of accomplishment for having to pay income taxes, because it meant that they were now part of the top 10% (a little less than 10% paid income taxes pre WWII).

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That was my personal taxes.
And I was only in business for seven years but my store was never audited either.

But that company I worked for in NY was every year. And it only took three months.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I think you will find they are pretty consistent. If you actually care to look at them.

Your "I know you are but what am I" response is childish.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Lets not drag in other subjects for the moment if you dont mind.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

That's a very interesting account of your work history in regards to taxes. I appreciate what you put into that statement.

So what do you propose the Dems ought to do about it besides losing their minds. Look, if Donald Trump intends on running again, and we know that he will, do you honestly think he would indefinitely press the pause button on releasing his tax information. Something that would interfere with the next election?

Ok lets reason with this, The democrats kind of lose it, a lot over anything and everything they don't like. People notice that, they don't like it anymore because it's becoming a circus of sorts. It's established that the right and the left hate each others guts. It's established Trump is doing pretty much the same to them as they do.

Where is the balance? All we hear is screaming back and forth, I used to think patience and understanding was a virtue, not these days it's not.

Why can't they just agree, and be courteous to each other? No Balance. The way that I personally see it, is that the left want everything their way and they're not willing to compromise at all, they just want to attack non stop.

I'd really like to hear your unbiased, balanced opinion too.
edit on 16-4-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join