It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Describe God or give your best description on what it would be like to experience God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have an idea that when you die you have the opportunity to go into the light and experience God's infinite beauty. We become so enamored by God's infinite beauty time ceases to exist. We melt into God's mind experiencing eternal heavenly bliss. Experiencing the face of God in all it's infinite beauty is the greatest possible experience by definition. Nothing is more penetrating into our core being of experience than experiencing God's infinite beauty. You will experience the greatest possible depth of feeling of unity and oneness with the utter total complete perfection that is God. Why would you ever want to continue to experience time after experiencing God's infinite beauty?

For whatever reason, which is kind of mind boggling in a way, some people choose to turn away from going into the light and experiencing God's infinite beauty. The most compelling reason why someone would turn away is each of us is our own greatest critic. God's infinite beauty and light is a mirror showing us the very worse aspects of our own character. It's only when we are capable of loving ourselves in spite of all our own imperfections that we are capable of not being driven away by the demons of our own creation.

For people who turn away from God there are two paths. One is the short path. One is the long path. First, we will start with the long path. With the long path, after your turn away from God, you choose not to participate with what you are experiencing. This is a very nihilistic way of being. At that moment the person chooses to turn away from God and stop participating with the Universe in a kind of suicidal rage against being itself, the person is immediately given the power of being omnipotent.

Now some of you may be thinking, gee, you die, you turn away from God, you make blasphemy against all of existence by choosing to be a nihilist, and you get rewarded with the power of having omnipotence. This may sound unfair if your heart is immature and you take pleasure at the thought of sinners suffering. Or maybe your heart is full of hate and you are seeking revenge against people who have sinned against you. Or maybe you are jealous and envious of someone else having more power than you do. But from our omnipotent all-loving God's perspective, our God of unconditional love, what better way to win over someone you love so absolutely and completely than to perfectly give them everything their heart desires. The real sad thing is why would you ever waste any time at all with petty profane desires when you can be looking into the face of God basking in the glow of heavenly eternal bliss. Nothing we can imagine could ever come close to experiencing God's infinite beauty.

Now at first having omnipotent powers may sound like a really good thing. But after millions and millions of years, or what just seems like millions of years, which is only nanoseconds real time, living out all your petty profane desires and imaginations you will become extremely bored. Your mind will have exhausted every possible thing it is capable of imagining. Every possible conceivable scenario of experience you are capable of imagining will have been played out millions of times over. After having sex with two chicks 10,000 times is probably enough. Eventually you will decide there's no point in turning away from God any longer. You will decide with having absolutely nothing left worthwhile to do you will turn back and look into the face of God. However, this time you don't look away. All the reasons forcing you look away before have been resolved during your stint with having omnipotent powers. And just after you look into the face of God you have a very brief thought where you think, “What the heck was I thinking when I turned away the first time?” Time will then cease to exist and you experience eternal heavenly bliss.

Or, instead of choosing the long path, you may choose the short path back to God. Short path is based on what happens to you in the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Essentially, what happens after you turn away from God, is you go down a path towards reincarnation. This is not an easy path to travel down. All along the way there are demons that get created based on who you were in life that are the exact manifestations of everything you would find to be the most terrifying or would cause you the most suffering imaginable. After each encounter you will have a moment or two to find peace and forgiveness from within and choose to finally turn back into the light and face God directly. However, if you continue to decide to turn away from God you will face every possible demon you could possibly suffer from experiencing until you are reincarnated to someone living in New Jersey. When you live in New Jersey there is only Heaven. And the endless cycle of life, suffering, death, and rebirth in New Jersey continues until you finally learn or decide how to appreciate God with the greatest possible faith imaginable and have absolute reverence for God, God's creation (including New Jersey), other people, people living in New Jersey, and yourself.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
God is love God is relationship
He chose to be addressed as a father, all the unique and wonderful things a great and loving father can offer. God also chose to be indentified as a mother in some aspects, a nurturing caring compassionate mother and finalybas a judge, because love demands justice

As a christian of course

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think you might have thought this through a little too thoroughly.

Right now here/now you are a part of what you call God.

You are more than the sum of yourself.

You are God.

It's up to you what to do with that, once you realize it.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I think you might have thought this through a little too thoroughly.

Maybe just a little bit too much.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Eh, when it comes to God/Heaven I really like the idea that when you die you go to heaven and meet 'God' and he learns you that your same 'soul' has been incarnated as each and every single person on this Earth. Essentially - that you either are or have been any regular person whom had ever existed. For purposes of making you worthy of being a God yourself.

Once the trials are complete, you ascend to the next level.

I mostly like that one for the mind blowing factor.

Has anyone watched season 2 of The OA yet? I really like the idea that they have got going there. And it gives a pretty 'omnipotent' viewpoint.

..personally, OP? I have experienced it. I chose to come back. In the same life albeit. That being said - what occurred also brought me back physically, via simple body chemistry, spirituality having little to do with it. So it is hard even for me to define truth be told.

I do have clear memory of the time while I was not. It is real. Take that for what it's worth from a random.
edit on 11-4-2019 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Peaceful? Unless he/she is mad at me, then I expect to have a sore butt.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
As you die you realize how harmless everything was. You realize that it was all a dream, that you are god and you have been dreaming. It feels good, like a long movie is ending.
You learned a lot in this dream - hopefully. Each time you embody a meat avatar and live the "life" of a random meat puppet, you learn and accomplish important goals. And when you have finally learned enough, you don't have to be the character in another dream ever again.

edit on 11-4-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
As you die you realize how harmless everything was. You realize that it was all a dream, that you are god and and you have been dreaming. It feels good, like a long movie is ending.
You learned a lot in this dream - hopefully. Each time you embody a meat avatar and live the "life" of a random meat puppet, you learn and accomplish important goals. And when you have finally learned enough, you don't have to be the character in another dream ever again.

You just described that beautifully.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have been in between things my whole life I guess. My parents both went to Catholic school and I didn't go to church watched tv. People didn't talk about things. I mean why is there life Earth the Sun anything. Well science? How do you design the universe just random an accident. I don't know if I was an atheist or just grew up with science books evolution and with out. I mean no one talks about this besides here on internet . I go to church sometimes listen to a sermon and he sometimes talks about why did god do this. I don't know if we all have a personal relationship with God some things in life are random chaos. I used to work with this guy who would hit his hammer the wrong way and curse God.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Thank you. I've been thinking about this for a while.
We are not our bodies. It is true that who we really are has vain qualities and over time we selectively breed with others biological self replicating robots, and over time we develop "attractive" and "unattractive" avatars/robots. However, the old saying, beauty is only skin deep. Well, it's true because "who" or "what" we are is just using the meat puppet, self replicating machine to walk around in and "experience" "life".
It's all fake though - rather our "we are all god" collective dream/playground.
Sometimes God dreams that it is Jeffrey Dahmer and sometimes God dreams that is Dolly Parton.
Sometimes God even gets a little reckless and dreams that it's Augustus.
Sometimes God gets gas and has a dream that it's DB or someone. All kinds of endless dreams. Sometimes they don't get off to a good start (abortion).
It's complicated

edit on 11-4-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

edit on 12-4-2019 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Call unto me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which thou knowest not......

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I must first provide some definitions.

Confabulation is a memory error defined as the production of fabricated, distorted, or misinterpreted memories about oneself or the world, without the conscious intention to deceive. People who confabulate present incorrect memories ranging from "subtle alterations to bizarre fabrications", and are generally very confident about their recollections, despite contradictory evidence.
. . .
Temporality theory
Support for the temporality account suggests that confabulations occur when an individual is unable to place events properly in time. Thus, an individual might correctly state an action he/she performed, but say he/she did it yesterday, when he/she did it weeks ago. In the Memory, Consciousness, and Temporality Theory, confabulation occurs because of a deficit in temporal consciousness or awareness.

It is possible that experiences of Déjà vu are instances of temporal confabulation.

There is something about ATS that causes me to experience Déjà vu quite frequently, especially when it comes to poetry. So this should be kept in mind while you read the rest of what I relate.

For a good portion of the beginning of 2013 I was bedridden, first with a serious illness, then surgery and recovery. I hardly spent any time on ATS or online at all during that time.

But as I lay in bed I frequently imagined conversations with friends on ATS. In such a chat, a member shared a poem and asked what I thought it meant. During the conversation I first thought "river's edge" meant the shore of a river. Later, in the course of conversation, it became clear that "edge" meant a water fall.

Here is the poem, which is set to music: soundclick.com....

Shortly after the conversation, I fell into a dream:

There was a path that went uphill toward a waterfall which was a rather much used spot for jumpers. The path was so well worn that you could sit on the side and hang your feet down into the rut. I came upon a man doing just that.

"I'm resting. Could you help me to the falls?"

"Sure" I said.

"Could you help me stand?"

It was as I reached down with my right arm and wrapped my hand around his right side that I noticed the bleeding wound on his left side, just under the bottom rib.

As we walked up the path; at times I was the helper and at other times I was the bleeding man being helped to walk. It got dark and we stopped to rest. The top of the path at the falls was in sight.

When I got up after ten minutes or so and again went to help him up, it became apparent that he had died. I didn't have the strength or energy to carry him so I reluctantly left him and proceeded to the top. Instead of turning to the falls I went down the path on the other side walking past the people heading up from that side.

----
So yeah, something like that.

The poet didn't post that poem on ATS until 2016. The song was posted February of 2013, around the time of the imaginary conversation and subsequent dream.
edit on 12-4-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Remember the moment's of love and safety you felt from your mother and if you had a good one your father.

The moment's when you felt sorry for wrong's you may have done as a child.

When you hurt yourself and all it took was a kiss on your head to make you feel better or you had growing pain's.

The time's you believed your parent could tell you anything and do anything.

The time's you argued with them because you assumed you were right and they were wrong or it was all just so unfair.

Remember how hard it was when you lost your beloved parent.

Them imagine what it would be like to be back with them and all the people whom you loved and loved you.

I don't know if that even come's close to God but it is all I ask of him, I lost my mum just over a year ago and at the time I also lost my faith - it is different for me and not a fair comparison as I have had experiences that make me believe in God and the spirit world as a reality but losing my mum was no less painful and I would willingly have died in her place but cancer is a terrible thing.

I believe God is love, we see him in the Christ whom died on the cross but before he did asks his father to forgive them for they know not what they do.
We see him in acts of selflessness and kindness and empathy.

Likewise we see his enemy in acts of Selfishness, cruelty and hatred.

God is good, there may be spirit's and big powerful entity's that are not but he/she/they is Good and in fact that is were the word God come's from anglo Saxon for good - we even the best of us are not actually that good and Jesus did not even accept being called good though he definitely was saying that only GOD (his father) is Good.

There is a prayer the eastern orthodox say which has fallen out of favour in the west but is one of the earliest and simplest Christian prayers called the Jesus Prayer.
Like the prayer our Lord Taught to his disciples when they asked him to teach them how to pray it is simple and too the point.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The eastern Orthodox Monk's say it constantly and often silently sometimes in a longer form.
Lord Jesus Christ Son and World of God have mercy on me, a sinner.
Often incorporating prayers to the virgin Mary the Theotokos (Mother of God) into there prayer usually saying the Jesus prayer three time's then the prayer for the Theotokos intercession.
They do this as they seek to live and breath there faith in the Lord and believe that they will see there loved ones again in Paradise and I actually believe they shall.

But God is Love, he is also stern and want's repentant hearts not unrepentant ones.
As Christian's we are not saved by our work's or by anything we can do even if we do so in secret but by the Grace of Jesus and even the very worst of our kind are not beyond his redemption or the price he has paid if they call on him with repentance.
Remember what he said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do".
So God is also Forgiveness in this face of compassion he shine's on us.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I AM a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

infinite beauty, eternal heavenly bliss, utter total complete perfection

Karl Marx wrote "Religion... is the opium of the people"" and that is exactly how your God fantasy sounds.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I Hardly Have A Thanks To Render, Let Alone A Comfort As I Do.
BUT...
He Chose To Stay His Hand. Thus All The Things Herein And About Are The Consequence(s) Of His (Apparent) Good Will. I Exist Because He Will Not Interfere In The World With His Omni (Potence & Science)...
note- The Many Who Do Not Exist Are Literally The Lord's Doing.

All I Can Do Now... IS... Love My Woman. Make Babies. And Remember My Parents. Just A "POV".

Thanks, OP!

S&F

ETA: That A Father Tells His Child "Ye Are Gods" Has Never Intrigued Me As Kind. However... I Think He Means To Inspire Us To Know That Eventually We Are Filled With Regret(s). But... How We Conduct Ourselves Therein And Thereafter Is The Making Of Lords And Ladies.
We Should Tread Carefully...
edit on 12-4-2019 by Pinocchio because: I Am A Liar!

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Intresting..

What are your thoughts on rebirth, what happens when earth is full, or when earth is no more ?

Is god not concerned with over population ?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This is God.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Oh, thou will knowest.

Thou will...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join