It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Describe God or give your best description on what it would be like to experience God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
We are incapable of it. We can imagine many things, but trying to fathom infinity is not easily done. It's like asking a blind person what the sound of a mountain Jay is, or the smell of the pine pollen, or what the snow capped peaks look like.

Perhaps the source could better explain it...
But as it is written, Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him.

Nothing really, can describe who and what.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

There are no words able to describe that which incomprehensible, even jaw dropping awe isn’t close. Don’t mind god, let god mind you.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
God is all things and then some.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

what happens when earth is full, or when earth is no more ?

Is god not concerned with over population ?

I wrote a little thought piece on that a few days ago, and didn't get any stars. So I'll link it here.
The Cave Bear lived in Europe and part of Asia. The Dire Wolf lived in North America. Part of their time lines overlapped but they never lived in the same area, therefore not natural competitors.

Dire Wolf meets Cave Bear
edit on 12-4-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Has anyone watched season 2 of The OA yet? I really like the idea that they have got going there. And it gives a pretty 'omnipotent' viewpoint.

My problem with OA is if you brain is really like a radio receiver and not a computer then when you jump to the alternate Universe you only receive memories from the version of you that occupied that alternate Universe. It's not clear to me when you jump who's memory you will have. Even with the computer metaphor then your memories would all be from the body you are occupying.

Aside for the memory transfer issue, the funky dance is boss!

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

infinite beauty, eternal heavenly bliss, utter total complete perfection

Karl Marx wrote "Religion... is the opium of the people"" and that is exactly how your God fantasy sounds.

And you are most likely a disingenuous nihilist. Objectively speaking, how is any way thinking about God better than any other? Unlike you, I am the ultimate nihilist. Not only do I think everything we say and do is meaningless on the cosmic timescale but I also accept that it is meaningless that it is meaningless. So unlike you, I know everything I say and write about God is pure fantasy. And unlike you I accept everything I say and write is pure delusion. However, the big difference between you and me is I CHOOSE to believe in God for no reason at all. It is a pure choice because how anyone chooses really doesn't matter on the cosmic timescale. I take my nihilism one step beyond yours by choosing to believe my fantasies about God are actually true. Because on the cosmic timescale, what difference does it make!

edit on 12-4-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
"Describe God or give your best description on what it would be like to experience God"

acceptance, love, and validation, peace while approaching the light and warmth and understanding while within.

I was scared to completely cut the cord and came back. Who the heck knows what it was that I experienced. My faith in religion and deities has been lost. I look at the Bible, evil and good as an expression of timeless internal struggles.

edit on 4/12/2019 by kinglizard because: clarification

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Interesting thread - interesting point of view - well worth thinking about. Thank you. And thank you for the openning to put on paper, so to speak, my understanding/intuition/desire at this moment in time and space.

I call myself an atheist.

I am also an agnostic, as I don't believe I can prove, nor can anyone else, prove in an objective and reproducible manner, the existence of a creator deity.

As a human, with limited physical sensory capabilities, even with modern tools that extend this sensory capacity, it would be hubris to imply that I have definitive answers to super-sensible (let's call that spiritual for ease) questions. Questions that cannot be measured.

I have come to believe, through study and experience, that there is much I don't understand as an individual and that we as a collective don't understand.

The idea that only something 'measurable' is REAL is just as useless as only FAITH is REAL, it terms of living the good life, we need to work both ends to the middle.

I have a basic faith in the correctness (not goodness/not badness) of the universe. I have faith in the principles of that universe both physical (i.e. gravity) and spiritual (i.e. karma). Neither belief requires a 'creator being' but does no exclude the existence of spiritual beings that we cannot detect by our normal senses.

I believe that creation is statistically FAIR. That there is no 'get out of jail free cards" and that we are responsible for our actions, speech and thoughts regardless of what we might "want to our scorecard". I find that very freeing in the sense that I can choose how my life progresses from this moment - which direction I want to talk in each moment, which coyote to feed and so forth rather then wait.

I find your idea:

"For people who turn away from God there are two paths. One is the short path. One is the long path. First, we will start with the long path. With the long path, after your turn away from God, you choose not to participate with what you are experiencing. This is a very nihilistic way of being. At that moment the person chooses to turn away from God and stop participating with the Universe in a kind of suicidal rage against being itself, the person is immediately given the power of being omnipotent. "

In my belief system - there is no either or situation. It is both, regardless of belief or not in God.

However, I find it a matter of self-development, in all areas of life that is the - mmm - vector of improvement and that is determined by one's actions. (the old saying "God only helps those who help themselves...")

The concept of transcendence is that one evolves spiritually to a point were the laws of nature, physical and spiritual, no longer apply or have influence (hence the word) and that involves learning and effort and thousands of lives to reach. It isn't so much a choice at death (though some writings do consider this possibility - if one is truly prepared) as a continuance of the process.

However much I would like to believe in a personal 'soul' or 'Atman' (from Hindu writings) that is 'you' throughout eternity, I'm coming to believe in something much more profound which leads to greater responsibility for my actions, etc in the hear and now. That being that we come from a karmic 'ocean' of of bits and pieces added to a physical heritage to become a unique 'point of view' for this life and when we leave this life our karmic vector in this life, raises or lowers, the 'ocean' from which we all come. Therefore - our individual actions and thoughts throughout life have enhanced meaning - they quite literally rise or lower the collective 'ocean''s level of progress towards transendence.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:27

A lot of words in the world cloud this fact, you want to know god know yourself. Be quite and know my friend.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
As you die you realize how harmless everything was. You realize that it was all a dream, that you are god and you have been dreaming. It feels good, like a long movie is ending.
You learned a lot in this dream - hopefully. Each time you embody a meat avatar and live the "life" of a random meat puppet, you learn and accomplish important goals. And when you have finally learned enough, you don't have to be the character in another dream ever again.

Nonsense, not all of us feel that way, some would say we are here to end the dreams, broke in from outside, and are getting to the bottom of these despicable existences, the last of the scum are being found even now and all of this will be over.

Because it matters MORE HERE than anywhere.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

No, noone ever said that the father was good, in fact quite the opposite evidently.

The Biblical Gods are a very bad bunch, they WILL be destroyed as if never existed.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I think being dead will be the same as being unconscious, you won't know a thing about it.
Now as for consciousness after death I'm not sure about, which makes me an agnostic I think?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: csimon

Forgot to mention that we experience God every day. He as his kingdom is "within us, and all around us".

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
GOD is love! Experiencing that love is mind blowing. You can't stand in that moment. It puts you face down. Those who know the Word know the instances of this happening to people throughout the Bible. Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess. Some will achieve that now, some will achieve that then.Lol

Its that easy.
edit on 8-5-2019 by Myrtales Instinct because: I added something

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   
In the movie "Hulk" (2003 film) Bruce Banner (Eric Bana) said a few lines on how it felt to be like the hulk.

"I had the most vivid dream. It was like being born. Coming up for air, light hitting my face, screaming. My heartbeat was like boom, boom, boom. "

"You know what scares me the most? When it happens, when it comes over me... and I totally lose control, I like it. "

top topics

<< 1   >>

join