It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-21 Raider: Next step, First flight!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gasman71

One of the Scottish bases I'd say.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

well shape is easy and so is materials

its IF you can make them and have the history of said coatings and underbody. Also people forget about maintenance of the coatings of the jets, it is quite the hoopla painting said aircraft

China has had parts of out nighthawk and 170 for years now and they might have gotten a little spy help but their QC isn't quite up to snuff(like most things in china, i've been there) and they didnt have any serious breakthroughs.

you might know whats in something and how it looks when done but to processes are very technical
edit on 5-9-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm lazy, but included within is a hint towards the often rumoured air-to-air capability on the Spirit.

www.airforcemag.com...

It's not explicit, and could be interpreted as a wishlist item, but we're pretty far along for that context...

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
www.flightglobal.com...

First Flight Route announced

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha
When it makes the small flight to Edwards, will this be the first opportunity to see it? Or will the flight be kept secret and under cover of darkness ?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

It will probably be like the B-2. They did the same flight, but with a couple hours of tests between taking off from Palmdale and landing at Edwards. It'll almost certainly be a day flight. The test program is going to be visible.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
www.nationaldefensemagazine.org... DsSuYaVV72SIbRk4ud-PZlSU
A year awaiting

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

If they can pull this off, and actually field the required numbers without any major scope creep or funding hurdles, it'll be a big plus for NG & the Air Force.

We're at a point right now where we can't afford to have a gap in major capability. We can't let China think we have any strategic weakness over the next Century, especially as they get closer and closer to their inevitable assault on Taiwan.

We have to be able to hit them hard and fast, conventionally, if they ever push the limit.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Sure B-21 will surely be a game changing and it put Northrop on the top of USAF jet builder, they will be in good position to NGAD program too.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Masisoar

A next generation USAF Tier 1 stealth platform coming in on time, on spec and on budget...

Have I died and gone to heaven, or did I hit the absinthe too hard again...

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Borys

nah just wait for it

www.thedrive.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Thank Black Diamond and the work they have done cutting down costings and time with manufacturing on the F35.Shared systems and production line upgrades will help as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

"first flight" lol maybe the IOC or close to IOC models

but hardly its first flight

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Radio Robert has the best 30K foot overview of the program. There are so many moving pieces to this program. Keep in mind, even a CDR is only the first true launch phase on making significant inroads to pre-production. Given the fact that this program has massive compartmentalization and a number of major subcontractors (engine, avionics, structures, fuel and hydraulic systems) it would be naive to think any significant work has been done prior to CDR. Like any engineering, manufacturability is often at odds with intended wishes. There will be drawing revisions across the board top to bottom. As long as Aerospace programs have existed there will be teething pains. Some more acute then others.
I remember Martin Marietta (at the time) trying to pitch to the USAF that the Centaur upper stage to the Titan IV ELV would be 90% the same as the Shuttle/Centaur G
We ended up releasing over 95% new drawings on that program. No matter how many times the powers that be it the US Government or contractor say a project is a “slight mod” to an existing platform, that statement is a bald faced lie.
a reply to: RadioRobert

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: HBaero

There have been far too many people quietly talking about at least two full up demonstrators flying to not believe that something that looks very similar to the final aircraft is or was flying and testing.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There are all forms of speculation. I’m just trying to point how programs evolve over my 39 years of experience

a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: HBaero

This program is being run differently than previous programs though. The RCO shook things up quite a bit is my understanding.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
A decent article on Air Force Magazine:

www.airforcemag.com...[/url]

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Fastmover

so are the only manned mission that will be flown are nuclear ones?

if it were a conventional attack why risk the men if it isnt needed, where as a nuclear strike would require men in the look and cockpit.

i still think that there is 'controller' aircraft that we havent sen yet that will always be manned
edit on 9-12-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

side note as it more than likely is just my faulty memory or confusion with another aircraft but weren't there 3 crew on the B2 at some point? why else would they have folding chairs for sleeping in

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join