It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-21 Raider: Next step, First flight!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Most renderings aren't quite right, so I wouldn't be surprised to find out the gear is wrong here. A double would work, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it's a quad.

Speaking of safety wiring, check your PMs.
edit on 2/1/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Was reading up on the raider, is it true that it is a fifth gen asset?

fifth-generation global precision attack platform that will give the United States networked sensor-shoot capability, thus holding targets at risk.
(Wiki et al)

Pretty impressive.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yes. They're going to be able to do interesting things with it as a result.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Masisoar

i said earlier in the thread i cant wait to see the real inlets.

remember this is a 4 engine aircraft, having the windscreen so close to the inlet and having them so small must be a 'diversion'

now we know this wasn't what was seen in Wichita and Amarillo and the pic we saw here was for sure the 180

with all the loyal wing man stuff im surprised they wouldn't use the nighthawks ad its friend as an add on. I know this has other things to fly with but still.

i think with the minion program being launched out of C130's with make SEAD missions very easy. with the B2, B!, F35 and the B52 what role will this aircraft fill in the meantime? are they just going to replace older BUFF's with the new 21's coming off the line?

the US has been working on decoy and microwave aerial weapons and other things i dont see allot of missions for these new bombers.

i cant wait to see this thing in person and as awful as it is to say some war footage where these are used with all the family, i wanto to see the 180 and the new EF111 replacement

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

will this have glowing edges or anything?

the ELINT and 'hacking' this thing can do im sure is very impressive but i still like the 'loser' better

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Arnie123

Yes. They're going to be able to do interesting things with it as a result.
I'm so excited, I've been so focused on fifth gen fighters it never occured to me that other fifth gen platforms exist in different areas.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

remember this is a 4 engine aircraft

I don't remember that at all, actually...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: Zaphod58

NG just grafted the gear from a 737 to the Raider to save money.

B-2 main gear are slightly modified gear from Boeing 767. Don't knock it til you've tried it... You said it in jest, but might be on the right track.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

but it is

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

That hasn't been confirmed by anything official. In fact the general consensus is twin engine due to its size.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: RadioRobert

but it is

I'll retreat in the face of your expertise...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thanks I replied. Time to start a new thread on that methinks!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Using the F-135 right?

More than double what each side of the B-2's F-118s produce, so it would make sense, although I'm not sure how they'll tune it for the B-21.
edit on 2/1/2020 by Masisoar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Sadly, Nope

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masisoar

Using the F-135 right?

More than double what each side of the B-2's F-118s produce, so it would make sense, although I'm not sure how they'll tune it for the B-21.

Given what the F-35 office said, I'd guess they use the F135 core with a high bypass fan and no reheat. If you do it right, you can increase the thrust and lower tsfc at the same time. Also, the higher the bypass the quieter and cooler your efflux. 25-30,000+ lbs dry should be no issue using that core. Maybe a bit more -- they might end up being limited by the airflow (ducting) more than the engine itself.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
They'll include at least some of the AETP improvements in the F135 variant for the Raider.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Masisoar

Most likely an F135 core with a non-afterburning exhaust. So it won't have quite the same power levels, but they'll make improvements and fit it to this airframe.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkpr0
Long time Darkpr0, nice to see you again.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I was under the impression that an engine with AETP tech may have been available for the test articles, not sure if it was XA100 or XA101. Like Z said, they wouldn't require the afterburner. I really thought it was the GE engine, the 100.

I really don't recall why I thought this but probably something I read on here five or six years ago and may have misinterpreted!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join